Legacy Presets [Moke's Custom Presets] Axe-Fx II Master Thread - Updated to Q9.04/10.01 - New presets, Videos, & Discounts

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.
Very happy customer here Moke...I will gladly purchase lots more of your awesome presets, please put more in the shop....
Don't pay any attention to the jealous dickheads that are trying to bring you down...Fuck em' if they can't take a Moke..!

Sorry, I still don't understand… But anyway it's not my thread here. Please ask it on my own presets thread

@Moke don't let the naysayer get you down.

I really don't see the point of a forum member posting angst about commercial preset sellers?

You started with some kick ass free presets and transitioned into a commercial eCommerce business. Seemed like the right move to me.

I've bought a couple of your presets and am a satisfied customer.

Hello Moke,
Ciao Moke,

you have prepared a site very very beautiful
tu hai preparato un sito molto molto bello
You have often listened to my advice
hai spesso ascoltato i miei consigli
or than others users
o, di altri utenti
and your site and improved day after day
e il tuo sito e migliorato giorno dopo giorno

I do not see why stop your production
non vedo perché smettere la tua produzione
if one does not want to buy and free to do so
se uno non vuole comprare e libero di farlo
I do not see the problem .......
non vedo il problema.......
if buyer is satisfied, there is no problem
se chi compra rimane soddisfatto, non c'è problema

what I can advise
quello che ti posso consigliarti

is releasing free trial presets (a single music track)
é rilasciare dei preset liberi di prova (di un sola canzone musicale)
for those who have doubts about your abilities
per chi ha dei dubbi sulle tue capacità
in addition to giving a gift to the whole community Fractal
oltre a donare un regalo a tutta la comunità Fractal

and so difficult to understand my thought ?
e cosi difficile, fare capire il mio pensiero ?

Last edited:
o_OSo, you would like a free sample.?
I want nothing for myself ...
Non voglio nulla per me ...

would be constructive, release a free demo (NEW) for everyone on the forum :)
sarebbe costruttivo, rilasciare una demo gratuita (NUOVA) per tutti sul forum

like the CAB sellers:
come i venditori CAB
http://www.theampfactory.com/downloads/category/free-stuff/
http://www.ownhammer.com/free/v4-demo/
http://www.redwirez.com/free1960g12m25s.jsp
etc....

But do not release free of charge, of an already preset for sale :eek:
Ma non rilasciare gratuitamente, di un preset già in vendita

it would be unfair to those who have already bought the preset o_O
non sarebbe corretto per chi ha già comprato il preset

But could calm things down of the people ;)
Ma potrebbe placare gli animi delle persone

But I repeat my thought, this is just a suggestion
ma ripeto il mio pensiero, questo e solo un consiglio

it's up to all the beta testers (into business) choose this road
tocca a tutti i beta tester (in affari) scegliere, questa strada

I hope you understand my thought Mr.Nobody
Spero che si capisca il mio pensiero Sig.Nobody

Moke has already proven himself with some great, well-thought-out presets that he had posted here free for quite some time, and then transitioned to selling them.
For his complicated presets, He uses tone match for cabs, clever use of filters, series or parallel reverbs,delays, etc.. It is obvious that he has done a deep dive to isolate and listen to the original recordings, and comes up with very convincing cover sounds of famous songs or artists. Anyone who has purchased his presets will be able to dive in and marvel at the tricks he has used to create the special effects tricks to cover songs from some of your favorite artists.
Will you have to tweak them a bit? Maybe, maybe not. It just depends.

For full disclosure, I have been one of his beta testors for 2 of the presets he recreated with the AXE FX II, and then exported to the AX8 (he took the time to reimagine them with single amps, or what have you, to accommodate the few limitations of the AX8), and to make sure it translated correctly, and making the changes according to his specs (FracTool doesn't translate all of the settings exactly for some items).
During this process, it is our job to go through the preset and each block step-by-step to make sure they match up, and in doing so, we are able to see "under the hood" of what he as constructed. Very impressive use of items I hadn't thought of. I have been documenting all of the settings that were okay, and those items that needed to be changed.
I certainly have learned a lot, especially on the complicated one.

That being said, I don't think he needs to make a free one for anybody. Some are very complicated, and some are less complicated. I don't know what would impress someone more or less, so I think he should just stick with his webstore model the way it is.

Moke, I hope your Eruption preset is available soon. I will gladly pay (name your price) for that one. Do not let the envious ones get you down! You have many fans.

It will be kinda hard to compete with Danny's VH presets right now. That thing got him onto the 'Fractal Artist' list....:).....I can't even get a 'like' from anyone at 'Fractal'....:p:(.....

Lol! I literally laughed out loud. :) I'm actually really an artist and guitar player believe it or not. Lol! I'm hoping that's what got me on the list. :p :D

You don't get likes because there is no "love" button. I don't think I got any Fractal likes either other than maybe M@. People love you, brother. I'm a fan as well. :)

Hey Moke, sorry to hear about how you are feeling. I hope.nothing I said in that thread upset you. It was never meant to be upsetting, that's for sure. I think/hope you know that. Heck you are one of the reasons I bailed on the artist packs. I'd rather be a friend over a competitor. :)

One thing I've learned as an artist with two legit releases world wide....you can't please everyone. You will get 500 great reviews that make you feel like Superman. Then 10 negative reviews that make you want to hang it up that make the 500 great reviews seem meaningless and obsolete. It's really sad how that happens.

Unfortunately, we are in the business of thick skin. It blows that you have to wear the heavy coat of armor at all times, but that's just how it is.

I think you've seen enough love and support in this thread to where you reconsider and keep these guys happy. I think it would be tragic to lose you. I hope you change your mind.

Feel free to message me if you want to talk or if I've said something that has offended you in any way, let me know and I'll gladly apologize. Best of luck to you in whatever you decide. Peace brother.

I've posted on 'the other thread' and tried to discuss some potential and real issues re. Presets which might be construed as criticism of Moke's work .... but for the record I say this:

I have bought presets from Moke ... note the plural .... in other words, I came back for more ... several times in fact.

I have bought Fremen's presets

I have absolutely no issue with anyone charging for presets - after all, the decision to buy them or not rests entirely with the potential customer.

With Moke and Fremen their history through the evolution of the Axe-FX and previously free presets have proved their worth ..... I trust them to produce the quality in other words.

Nobody can predict what an end-user is going to have as a guitar/pickups monitoring etc. so you have to expect to do a little bit of tweaking. That's ok.

Moke states very clearly what his gear is and also has beta testers - so besides the expertise of constructing the presets he goes the extra mile in getting feedback from different equipment users before releasing them.

He also even creates and bundles his own IRs in there too. They are cleverly put together presets and will at the very least give you some really useful ideas going forward for making your own presets sometime.

I'm also sure Moke will be responsive to most reasonable support queries to give you tips if you can't quite finalise the presets for your own equipment.

My main attempts at discussion in the other thread were:

1. Fly by night plagiarists - stealing someone elses hard worked presets - changing a few minor things and re-selling them. (aka making a ballox of the whole thing)

2. Lack of follow up support from creators (for reasonable help requests that is)

3. If no support is offered then make it clear to the buyer

I've downloaded plenty of presets in my time and probably 90% ended up in the trash ..... but Moke and Fremen have made themselve's and their work public over the years while responding to suggestions and queries and their stuff is always a keeper. I think other newcomers to the commercial scene should have the same trial by fire they had before giving them your trust and money.

Danny's pitch is more a consultation model - he plans to work hand in hand with the customer but still remotely until it's 'right' ...... whether or not it's sustainable is another thing .... it's interesting, but there are bound to be plenty of pedants out there that the only solution to reaching their idea of tone nirvana and 'job done' will be by using a well placed baseball bat swing :)

I'd say if you want a 100% perfect preset made by someone else then fly Moke, Fremen, Danny etc out to you and let them use your equipment to do it ... same way Matt would do with Fractal's more esteemed Artists (or anyone else probably if they paid the fee).

If you want something pretty damn close, with live performance in mind and a genuinely good bloke to back them up then I have no problem recommending Moke and his downloads.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/preset-charging-creators.118877/
This thread seems to be calling me a thief and a liar? Not the first time that this same person has questioned my honesty? Thinking about packing it in............

Don't pack it in Moke, let me tell you i have been in that path before with my techniques on aging new instruments (Relic). A lot of smartasses questioned my approuch even when the results were equal and better in most cases than what Fender and Gibson are doing in house, i had to defend my work, some times i got banned temporarily for not keeping quiet etc. but in the end i just sum the posts that liked, loved and encourage my relics and those completely surpass the negative ones.

A LOT of people love your presets, me included, do your math and you will see.

Cheers.

Nico.

Moke, keep doing these excellent presets. I've bought a few of your presets and are outstanding. People like you and Fremen are opening the infinite possibilities of this black box. Everybody has the choice to pay or not to pay for presets. You are not forcing anybody to pay for your presets. I agree to pay for these and Fremen presets because i don't have the time to be hours tweaking. For me, at least this is why i pay for these excellent presets, because i know that these press are ready to play and i can get an incredible tone right out of the gate.

Moke (and other preset sellers), I'm not a customer of yours and due in large part do these forums and the help and education I've received here, I don't know that I ever WILL be.

That said, due to 'that thread', I've been to yours and other sites and checked out the offerings and I'm quite impressed.

Do the people who actually matter a favor and continue what you're doing. You owe your fans and customers the respect of adding far more weight to their defense of you than by allowing your detractors to affect your business.

If I ever need or want to purchase a preset, you're at the top of my list. I'd very much like for you to still be around if that time ever comes.

Thanks for all of the kind words and encouragement. I've been through a rough couple of months, financially and personally (nothing really bad). Been working too many hours, which is helping, but leaves me with no time for anything else. The only time my Axe-Fx has been powered up, is at a gig.

Hopefully things will calm down soon and I can get caught up on the things that matter to me.....Family and Music.

Back
Top Bottom