Legacy Presets [Moke's Custom Presets] Axe-Fx II Master Thread - Updated to Q9.04/10.01 - New presets, Videos, & Discounts

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.
Thanks for your great work Moke. Awesome presets. I.m having some hissing when i use your acoustic preset. When i play the guitar i get like a hiss in the background. When i'm not playing is does not make the hissing sound. Is anyone having this problem with the acoustic preset? If so ho could it be resolved? I am using a EVH Wolfgang with FRFR setup.

When i play the guitar i get like a hiss in the background. When i'm not playing is does not make the hissing sound.
Sounds like your noise gate kicking in and out. What happens when you turn the noise gate all the way off?

Thanks for your great work Moke. Awesome presets. I.m having some hissing when i use your acoustic preset. When i play the guitar i get like a hiss in the background. When i'm not playing is does not make the hissing sound. Is anyone having this problem with the acoustic preset? If so ho could it be resolved? I am using a EVH Wolfgang with FRFR setup.
This is a side effect of boosting the 'Highs' very, very much. It is actually just amplifying the nose coming from your guitar and or cable. As stated in the preset descriptions, I use a 20ft cable. This cuts down on the high-end on all presets, but it is most noticeable on any 'Acoustic Sim'. The shielding on some guitars are better than others. If there any noise from a cheap cable, bad shielding, bad grounding, computer monitor, florescent lighting, etc.......it will be greatly exaggerated in this preset.

1 of my guitars is worse than the other? If my right hand is over the strings, in between the 2 pickups. There is some 'hiss'. If I move my right hand away, it is completely silent. In a live setting, it is really not noticeable.

Try some other cables (20 ft?) or guitars. If that doesn't help, Try adding a 'Filter' block and setting it as per these screenshots. It will act similar to a noise gate, but only on the high frequencies, not the entire signal. When you play, It initially allows all frequencies through, but then drops off the highs as the sound fades out. And keeps them down until a note is played.........Might help?
ac 1.png ac 2.png

Thanks a lot for your help. I have not try it live yet. I,m using a short cable in my practice room sitting in front of the axefx. I will follow your recomendations. thanks again

I highly recomend Moke's presets.
They translate perfectly through my Dynaudio BM6A MKII monitors and sound just like the demos he posted.
None of the tone match "weirdness" so many other presets seems to have, much more more of a real amp vibe.
Even used the "Pour some sugar on me" preset for a little 80's vibe on a recent session

Thank you Moke!

By request, I just re-tweaked and added my preset for....'Queensryche' - 'Another Rainy Night'.....
Added an audio clip too. The description in the details page has the info on the Scenes....

I just put up my 'Ozzy Osbourne' - 'Crazy Train' 'Axe-Fx' preset and audio clip.............just in case you are in a band that still has to play it...lol;):eek:

Just added a new category for those fortunate enough to own both, an 'Axe-Fx II' and an 'AX8'.
  • 'Axe-Fx II' and 'AX8' 2-Packs.
You get both versions of the preset, and the second one is 50% off. And you can still use the other coupons too!

For those of you that have already bought presets for either device and would like to get the matching ones at 50% off. My store will not allow me to automate this type of transaction. But you can use the 'Donate' button in the store to send the amount for the preset or presets needed (at 50% off) with a note telling me which presets and which device they are for. Once I verify the original order or orders, I will e-mail them to you.

It has been a while since I purchased the patches and from another review one can quickly tell I was initially "smitten." Now, I have been using Moke's patches for about a month and can tell you that they are truly spectacular. I use them for my original work and they fit in the mix like a glove. I strongly recommend these presets for recording. I have not used them in a live format but my guess is that they work great for that as well. His Steve Vai live tone patch is one of my work horse presets as are his Marshall patches. I also love his take on Neil Young and Randy Rhoads and Alex Lifeson. Moreover, his patches play well with other IRs. I recommend his presets unequivocally. Finally, they are dirt cheap considering the time he spends in their creation. I am looking forward to his Eruption patch (like many others). Thank you Mark for all of your talent and hard work. You are greatly appreciated.

Hey Moke, Was wondering what 'Full Range - Flat Response' speakers are you using when you create your patches. Studio monitors or your giging monitors? What kind? Thanks.

Hey Moke, Was wondering what 'Full Range - Flat Response' speakers are you using when you create your patches. Studio monitors or your giging monitors? What kind? Thanks.
Yep, Equator D5's and Various headphones. JBL PRX 615's (from our PA) for loud testing.

Live I use a cheap 'Kustom' 12" powered monitor, but I replaced the original 12" speaker and horn with a 12" Eminence co-axial setup. And when playing larger venues with supplied sound, I use whatever vocal wedges that they've got. Sometimes junk, sometimes top of the line. Doesn't matter to me. As long as I can hear myself and can get some interaction for controlled feedback etc......

Hey Moke.

I was wondering if you are still up on doing artists presets. I know it takes a lot of time and a lot of work, but dude I need you to feed me with those killer tones. They are awesome and I cant wait for a bunch of new releases.
Please update me with some info. Much appreciated .

Back
Top Bottom