Legacy Presets [Moke's Custom Presets] Axe-Fx II Master Thread - Updated to Q9.04/10.01 - New presets, Videos, & Discounts

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.
I had to roll back my Axe-Fx II to 8.02 for a short time. While I was there, I redialed the 9 newest presets (previously only available for 9.02) for 8.02. Those 8.02 versions of the 9 newest presets are now added to the 'Update' pages If anyone still on 8.02 was interested in any of them. The files have the firmware version in the names.

When / if you update to 9.02, You can use your 'Links' to access the new versions. and so on.......

If any AX8 owners still on 8.02 are interested in any of them. Let me know, I can do the same for the AX8.

Also added Metallica - 'Enter Sandman' and U2 - 'Exit' (Live) to the store. Also available in 8.02 and 9.03.

No demos yet............soon

Axe-Fx II 'Clean to Mean' Pack #1 is now updated for Q9.03.

Started with the new default 'Speaker Comp' setting of 3, but the compression levels were all over the place. So I dialed them all in individually.

Set the new 'Speaker Comp' parameter so that there is about -3 dB of compression. Adjusted for any loss of high-end. Then re-dialed the levels of the presets and the four scenes for all 128 presets.

About 10 minutes each, six presets an hour, a little over 20 hours.....

Free for anyone that has already purchased the pack. Just use the same 'Archive/Update' link. The new zipped file has 'Q9.03' in the name.

Axe-Fx II 'Clean to Mean' Pack #1 is now updated for Q9.03.

Started with the new default 'Speaker Comp' setting of 3, but the compression levels were all over the place. So I dialed them all in individually.

Set the new 'Speaker Comp' parameter so that there is about -3 dB of compression. Adjusted for any loss of high-end. Then re-dialed the levels of the presets and the four scenes for all 128 presets.

About 10 minutes each, six presets an hour, a little over 20 hours.....

Free for anyone that has already purchased the pack. Just use the same 'Archive/Update' link. The new zipped file has 'Q9.03' in the name.
Moke, used my link for clean to mean pk 1 and it still showed Q8.02. Do I need a new link?

Thanks
Rich

Sorry...........Fixed.

I forgot to publish the changes to my site.
Thanks Moke! Figured that was it after I saw the time of your post in the wee hours of the morning. Awesome stuff, thanks for all the work you put into the updates!!!

Moke, does the new fw update fix being able to attach modifiers to looper block fix the looper issue you were having on Wish you were here preset?

Moke, does the new fw update fix being able to attach modifiers to looper block fix the looper issue you were having on Wish you were here preset?
I think so, but I haven't had time to check this out. I was trying to get Pack #1 finished. I will try to get that preset loaded into it's 'Update' page today.

Definitely not my intent to rush you by any means. I know that you spend mucho hours on all that magic and it's very much appreciated. Was just curious..

Moke's presets freakin rock!! Check dem out!

Thanks,
Rich

Last edited:
Definitely not my intent to rush you by any means. I know that you spend mucho hours on all that magic and it's very much appreciated. Was just curious..

Moke's presets freakin rock!! Check dem out!

Thanks,
Rich
The new Axe-Fx II 'Wish You Were Here V3' preset is in the Update page. It uses the new version 3 Acoustic Sim setup and made some other tweaks. Make sure to import the new IR, unless you already did for one of the other 'Version 3' acoustic presets.

The new Axe-Fx II 'Wish You Were Here V3' preset is in the Update page. It uses the new version 3 Acoustic Sim setup and made some other tweaks. Make sure to import the new IR, unless you already did for one of the other 'Version 3' acoustic presets.
Thanks Brother!

Axe-Fx II 'Clean to Mean' Pack #2 is now updated for Q9.03.

Set the new 'Speaker Comp' parameter so that there is about -3 dB of compression. Adjusted for any loss of high-end. Then re-dialed the levels of the presets and the four scenes for all 110 presets.

A little over 16 hours for this one.....

Added 3 new presets to the store.......
No demo clips yet.....soon

Zack Wylde 'Ozzy' Tone (for Humbucker guitars)

Scene #1....Clean
Scene #2....Main Rhythm Tone (medium gain)
Scene #3....Main Rhythm Tone (highest gain)
Scene #4....Solo. (Delay block is linked to the 'Tap Tempo' function)
Scene #5....Clean tone for 'I'll See You on The Other Side'

Motley Crue - 'Girls, Girls, Girls' (for Humbucker guitars) (includes an optional 'Pitch' block to drop the pitch a whole-step)

Scene #1....Main Rhythm tone.
Scene #2....Intro and Alternate Rhythm (“You know she did me. Well then she broke my heart”) and (“Dance for me, I'll keep you over-employed”)
Scene #3....The 'Jet-Flanged' breakdown.
Scene #4....Solo.

Nirvana - 'Lithium' (for Humbucker guitars)

Scene #1....Clean tone
Scene #2....Fuzz tone

Last edited:
Added another one to the store...

Black Sabbath - 'Heaven and Hell' (for Humbucker guitars)

Scene #1....Main Rhythm tone.
Scene #2....Alternate Rhythm (optional) adds a 3rd below intelligent harmony via 'Pitch' block #2 (X) (see video below for example @1:32)
Scene #3....Auto-Swell tone (Verse #2) with 'Global' custom harmony via 'Pitch' block #2 (Y) (see video below for example @ 0:42) (neck pickup)
Scene #4....Solo. (Ping-Pong Delay time is linked to the 'Tap-Tempo')

Uses an optional 'Pitch' block to drop the tuning down a 1/2-step for standard A-440 tuned guitars.

No time to make a demo clip yet, but here it is in action a while back....(a few 'clams' thrown in for free)

Last edited:
Sounds cool gonna have to get that one and combine it with mine, i have to use the volume pedal for the swells
Cool, I used to use the volume expression pedal for that part too. But once I added a new scene with the Global custom harmony, I figured might as well just add the Auto-Swell too.

Added 2 new presets to the store.......
Still no demo clips yet.....soon (after NAMM?)

Prince - 'Cream' (for Humbucker guitars)

Scene #1....Main rhythm with 'Wah' (auto-engage)
Scene #2....Main rhythm with 'Wah' plus Harmonies (auto-engage)
Scene #3....Fuzzy/Synth with 'Wah' (auto-engage)
Scene #4....Fuzzy/Synth with 'Wah' plus Harmonies (auto-engage)
Scene #5....Solo (for a live version?)

The (nec) version scenes are setup different because of the lack of external controllers.

Depeche Mode - 'Personal Jesus' (for Humbucker guitars)

Scene #1....Main rhythm
Scene #2....Pulsing 'Breathy' (Synth) tone
Scene #3....Main rhythm plus Pulsing 'Breathy' (Synth) tone together

Note....On the AX8 I was able to use a 'Control Switch', but for the 'Axe-Fx II', you need to use 'External Controller' #10 attached to a momentary switch on your foot-controller to activate an approximation of the 'slide guitar' riff that occurs throughout the song, and can be used in any scene.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom