Legacy Presets [Moke's Custom Presets] Axe-Fx II Master Thread - Updated to Q9.04/10.01 - New presets, Videos, & Discounts

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.
New product in the store..... Mokes' 'Clean to Mean' Pack #1
For firmware 8.02.

This bank is comprised of the latest 128 'Factory' (Bank A) presets that have been edited to use 4-scenes arranged in a “clean to mean” configuration. They are all setup using the same methodology to make adjusting the individual scenes for your preferences easier.

'Scene Controller #1' is used to control the amount of drive or 'Dirt' in each scene. 'Scene Controller #2' is used to control the volume in each scene. I have set all of the 'Damping' parameters in the controller attachments to '100 ms'. This makes the transitions between scenes 'Morph' between the various 'Dirt' and 'Volume' settings.

Scene 1 - Lowest drive (original tone on the clean presets)
Scene 2 - Mid drive
Scene 3 - Highest drive (original tone on the dirty presets)
Scene 4 – Solo, adds volume boost via 'Scene Controller #2' (in most cases, adds Drive and Delay blocks)

Includes a 'future update' link and a mini manual to explain exactly where to adjust the 'Drive' and 'Volume' levels for each scene, for your guitar and tastes.

Last edited:
I have started on this pack several times (after getting the okay from Matt), but a new firmware would come out each time before I could finish it. Then 'Cliff' put out a new Bank A for 8.00, then 8.01. So, I started all over again..........This time I finished it!

Having four scenes with different 'drive' settings makes the Factory presets much more usable right out of the box.

Added new versions of my 'JCM-800' and 'Escape' presets to the Archive/Update' pages to match changes made to the newest AX8 versions.

Re-tweaked the scenes for the 'JCM-800 V2' preset into a 'Clean to Mean' configuration.
Added a 'Filter Sweep' sound to the 'Escape V2' preset for the last chord of the song. Use scene #5 to start it.

Read the new 'Description' pages included with the zipped file for more details.

My 'Van Halen' - 'Eruption/You Really Got Me' Axe-Fx II Preset now includes a (free) second version modified by Fractal Audio's Mark Day!

This one also has the 'Dive Bomb' effect and uses the same scene arrangement as the original.

There are no external controllers and it uses Factory cabs.

It's in the Archive/Update page along with my new version 2.1.

Hi Moke, loving the updated eruption preset, awesomness indeed, sounds so good.
one problem I have is the mark day version wont load, it says it is not an axe fx 2 patch , says its for the AX...have you put the wrong one in there or something or is it just an ax version?

Hi Moke, loving the updated eruption preset, awesomness indeed, sounds so good.
one problem I have is the mark day version wont load, it says it is not an axe fx 2 patch , says its for the AX...have you put the wrong one in there or something or is it just an ax version?
Strange? I uploaded the Fractal 'sysex' files of Mark's versions directly into the update pages originally and someone had a problem importing it, so I re-uploaded them into the update pages a few hours ago inside of a Zipped file this time, like all of my other presets.

I just checked them again and they all downloaded, and loaded up into my units fine? There is an AX8 version in the AX8 update page and an Axe-Fx II version in the Axe-Fx update page.

Try re-downloading Mark's version again and let me know if that was the problem.

I like both Eruption presets Moke and did last night a soft rock impro with the preset from Mark Day. Sounds awesome in kind of rock music (I can't really play EDVH). I swaped the factory ir's for Ohnhammer's EDVH ir's. In the stereo cab are now OH 412 EDVH M20-PR + M25-PR MDRN 05 ir's - sounds awesome in any kind of rock songs. I'll have to get me some hair bands to dampen the empty strings when recording a gainy lead. ;)

Yep that's solved if Moke , got the mark day one now no problem ... have to say both yours and his are really great patches, you can cover so many songs with those sounds , been playing panama / bad medicine / kids want to rock/ tush, all that sort of stuff even backing off volume cleans it lovely for crunchy stuff

Yep that's solved if Moke , got the mark day one now no problem ... have to say both yours and his are really great patches, you can cover so many songs with those sounds , been playing panama / bad medicine / kids want to rock/ tush, all that sort of stuff even backing off volume cleans it lovely for crunchy stuff
Thanks Chris. The Reverb levels are a bit too high if you play in a band mix IMHO. Sounds cool for the piece that it was intended for. Just play with the 'Mix' parameter as needed.

The Reverb levels are a bit too high if you play in a band mix IMHO. Sounds cool for the piece that it was intended for. Just play with the 'Mix' parameter as needed.

Yes you're right Moke - I realised that after posting my clip above. Its to laid back and a bit wishy-washy in the mix. ;)

Yes you're right Moke - I realised that after posting my clip above. Its to laid back and a bit wishy-washy in the mix. ;)
Yep,

BTW...... The preset are using 'X/Y' Reverb blocks.
  • Scene #1 uses the 'Y' state, which has a lower 'Mix' level as it's intended for the rhythm parts of 'You Really Got Me'.
  • The other scenes use the 'X' state, which has a much higher 'Mix' level for 'Eruption'.
  • Lower the 'Mix' in the 'X' state if you use any of the solo scenes (#2 and #3) for anything other than 'Eruption'.

Thanks Moke - I've noticed that and turnt the Reverb down to 22% mix for playing or recording in a band mix. That's all I had to do - I even played some blues with it putting down the volume knob on guitar at about 8-9 - great! ;)

So i am just installing 8.02 to my AFX-II .. Yeah! But the latest Factory presets are not yet available for AFX-II, is that correct?
If so, AFX-II users have two reasons to get the pack.

So i am just installing 8.02 to my AFX-II .. Yeah! But the latest Factory presets are not yet available for AFX-II, is that correct?
If so, AFX-II users have two reasons to get the pack.
To be honest, Bank 'A' is available for the Mark I and II units in the original thread from Cliff. But I still think that my 'Clean to Mean' versions are much more useful.....;)

New preset added to the store.............'Moke's Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Live Tone'

It's a 'Tone Matched' preset modeled after Mr. Young's Live tone from his 'Crazy Horse' era. More specifically the 'Weld' Live album.

Available for the 'Axe-Fx II', the 'AX8', and as a 'Axe-Fx II and AX8 - 2-Pack'

I'll try to add a clip to the site tomorrow night.

Back
Top Bottom