Legacy Presets [Moke's Custom Presets] 'AX8' Master Thread - Updated to Q9.04/10.01 -New presets, Videos, Huge Discounts

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.
I Just added a Dire Straits - 'Brothers In Arms' (for Humbucker pickups) preset to the store.

Available for the AX8 (10.01), Axe-Fx II (10.01), and Axe-Fx III (1.18).

New for Q10.01... Now available in two different versions. For 'High Output Humbucker Pickups' (the original version), and 'Medium Output Humbucker Pickups'.

Try both versions to see which one works best for you. You can also mix and match them to work with multiple guitars.

Haven't had time to make a Demo yet. Should be up in a couple of days?

Set the scenes up in a 'Clean to Mean' configuration. Use the Neck (or Middle?) positions with the 'Tone' knob rolled back a bit for brighter guitars/pickups. And put down that pick and play with your fingers;).

Scene #1.... 1st Gear (Auto-Swells)
Scene #2.... 1st Gear
Scene #3.... 2nd Gear
Scene #4.... 3rd Gear
Scene #5.... 1st Gear (Stereo) (Auto-Swells)
Scene #6.... 1st Gear (Stereo)
Scene #7.... 2nd Gear (Stereo)
Scene #8.... 3rd Gear (Stereo)
Keep them coming @Moke

So just curious why does this thread not get Stickiness?
I have no official relationship with Fractal Audio. I am just an extremely happy customer that makes presets in my spare time, and operates a humble little web store. Having my three main threads 'sticky'd' would be great though..;)

I Just added a Rush - 'Working Man' (for Humbucker pickups) preset to the store.

New for Q10.01 and 1.18... Now available in two different versions. For 'High Output Humbucker Pickups' (the original version), and 'Medium Output Humbucker Pickups'.

Try both versions to see which one works best for you. You can also mix and match them to work with multiple guitars.

Haven't had time to make a Demo yet. Should be up in a couple of days?

Scene #1.... Rhythm
Scene #2.... Solo

Switch #1 (AX8).... Toggles between Scenes #1 and #2.
Switch #4 (AX8).... Turns on 'Auto'-Wah ('nec' versions only)

Last edited:
Here is the demo video for my 'Working Man' preset (for Humbucker pickups).

It features the AX8, Axe-Fx II, and Axe-Fx III. In isolation, and along with a (YouTube) backing track.

I Just added an Audioslave - 'Like A Stone' (for 'Neck' Humbucker pickups) preset to the store.

New for Q10.01 and 1.18... Now available in two different versions. For 'High Output Humbucker Pickups' (the original version), and 'Medium Output Humbucker Pickups'.

No double-tracking. No post EQ.

Use the Neck pickup for all scenes.

Scene #1.... Verse (Clean)
Scene #2.... Chorus (Dirt/Acoustic)
Scene #3.... 'Acoustic' Sim
Scene #4.... 'Acoustic' Sim + Clean (stereo)
Scene #5.... Whammy Solo
Scene #6.... Whammy Solo (stereo)

The (nec) versions have an 'Auto'-Whammy, as shown in the demo.

I Just added an Audioslave - 'Like A Stone' (for 'Neck' Humbucker pickups) preset to the store.

Dude, I’ve been playing this song live for a while now using your JCM800 preset with a tremolo pedal on scene 2 and a whammy pedal on scene 4 for the solo. I thought I sounded pretty good, but this is a huge upgrade in tone for me. I ran through the song twice tonight with my bass player and he was completely blown away too.

Dude, I’ve been playing this song live for a while now using your JCM800 preset with a tremolo pedal on scene 2 and a whammy pedal on scene 4 for the solo. I thought I sounded pretty good, but this is a huge upgrade in tone for me. I ran through the song twice tonight with my bass player and he was completely blown away too.
Thanks, very cool:cool:... Ironically, it uses the same (slightly tweaked) Amp model and same Cab IR as my JCM-800 preset.

Last edited:

No double-tracking. No post EQ.

Use the Neck pickup for all scenes.

Scene #1.... Verse (Clean)
Scene #2.... Chorus (Dirt/Acoustic)
Scene #3.... 'Acoustic' Sim
Scene #4.... 'Acoustic' Sim + Clean (stereo)
Scene #5.... Whammy Solo
Scene #6.... Whammy Solo (stereo)

The (nec) versions have an 'Auto'-Whammy, as shown in the demo.

This sounds good!!!

I had a (single-coil) customer pickup my 'AX8' Prince - 'Cream' (for Humbucker Pickups) preset and wanted some advice on tweaking it for 'Single-Coils'. After messing with it for a while, I got it sounding very close to the original version using my Strat. So after I sent him this new version, I decided to port it over to the Axe-Fx II and III, and add all three versions to the store.

'Cream' by Prince - for Single-Coil guitars

Available for the the 'AX8' (Q10.01), 'Axe-Fx II' (Q10.01), and 'Axe-Fx III' (2.03).

Here is the Humbucker (HB) version demo for reference.... They sound very close.

Last edited:
I had a (single-coil) customer pickup my 'AX8' Prince - 'Cream' (for Humbucker Pickups) preset and wanted some advice on tweaking it for 'Single-Coils'. After messing with it for a while, I got it sounding very close to the original version using my Strat. So after I sent him this new version, I decided to port it over to the Axe-Fx II and III, and add all three versions to the store.

'Cream' by Prince - for Single-Coil guitars

Available for the the 'AX8' (Q10.01), 'Axe-Fx II' (Q10.01), and 'Axe-Fx III' (2.03).

Here is the Humbucker (HB) version demo for reference.... They sound very close.

As always...great job! Well done!

I Just added a Kansas - 'Carry on Wayward Son' (for Humbucker pickups) preset to the store.

Available for the AX8 (10.01), Axe-Fx II (10.01), and Axe-Fx III (2.04).

Haven't been able to make a Demo yet. I hurt my index finger on my fretting hand. Should be up in a couple of days?

Scene #1.... Main rhythm
Scene #2.... Cleaner rhythm (Chorus sections)
Scene #3.... Harmony sections (play E, C, E, G, E, G, A, to get the desired results)
Scene #4.... Solo 1
Scene #5.... Acoustic Sim
Scene #6.... Solo 2

Uses 2 'Global' scales........#31 and #32
These are programmed manually in the 'Global' menu (not the 'Pitch' block).

I Just added the demo for my Kansas - 'Carry on Wayward Son' (for Humbucker pickups) preset to the store.

Available for the AX8 (10.01), Axe-Fx II (10.01), and Axe-Fx III (2.04).

'YouTube' backing track. No post-EQ. No double-tracking (though it would sound better).

Scene #1.... Main rhythm
Scene #2.... Cleaner rhythm (Chorus sections)
Scene #3.... Harmony sections (play E, C, E, G, E, G, A, to get the desired results)
Scene #4.... Solo 1
Scene #5.... Acoustic Sim
Scene #6.... Solo 2

Uses 2 'Global' scales........#31 and #32
These are programmed manually in the 'Global' menu (not the 'Pitch' block).

Back
Top Bottom