Legacy Presets [Moke's Custom Presets] 'AX8' Master Thread - Updated to Q9.04/10.01 -New presets, Videos, Huge Discounts

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.
A demo of all 5 scenes of my upcoming 'Bon Jovi - 'Livin' on a Prayer' preset for the Axe-Fx II and the AX8.

Includes a 'Talk Box' simulation.

The (YouTube) backing track used has no guitars. One stereo guitar track, no overdubs, no post-EQ.

Scene 1...Main Rhythm (only)
Scene 2...Main Rhythm and 'Talk Box' Sim together
Scene 3...'Talk Box' Sim (only)
Scene 4...Main Solo
Scene 5...'Talk Box' Solo

Very nice!!

A demo of all the scenes of my upcoming preset for 'Surrender' by Cheap Trick.

Available for the Fractal Audio 'Axe-Fx II' and 'AX8'.

Includes the Synth/Strings part automatically playing in time with the 'Tap Tempo' in all 3 keys. (B-flat, B, and C)

Scene #1... Main rhythm (guitar only)
Scene #2... Main rhythm (reduced gain) + Synth/Strings (reduced level and less staccato) (verse and chorus sections) (key of B)
Scene #3... Main rhythm + Synth/Strings (more staccato) (key of B)
Scene #4... Main rhythm (reduced gain) + Synth/Strings (reduced level and less staccato) (verse and chorus sections) (key of C)
Scene #5... Main rhythm + Synth/Strings (more staccato) (key of C)

Scene #8... 'Intro' Main rhythm + Synth/Strings (more staccato) (key of B-flat)

Woo hoo! Thanks @Moke! Rick Nielsen was my first guitar hero! I really like the synth part and second the motion for a Baba O’Riley preset! You are truly the Preset Wizard!

Okay, here is the demo video for my preset for 'Rebel Yell' by Billy Idol. (in isolation and with a backing track)

This one took a while to get right. There is a lot of stuff crammed in their, but I was also able to make it all work on the AX8.

Includes the 'Synth'-like tone and my take on the 'Ray Gun' sound. As well as a 'Feedback' simulator (similar to the 'FreqOut' pedal).

The 'Ray Gun' effect is controlled by 'External' #2 on the Axe-Fx II version, and by 'Control Switch' #1 (switch number 8) on the AX8 version. On the Axe-Fx II (nec) version, it will be activated by selecting Scene #8

Scene #1... Clean tone
Scene #2... Main rhythm tone
Scene #3... Main rhythm tone + a 'Feedback' simulator
Scene #4... Solo tone + 'Ray Gun' effect (via a controller)
Scene #5... 'Synth' tone for the breakdown (Neck pickup)

Last edited:
Okay, here is the demo video for my (upcoming) preset for 'Rebel Yell' by Billy Idol. (in isolation and with a backing track)

This one took a while to get right. There is a lot of stuff crammed in their, but I was also able to make it all work on the AX8.

Includes the 'Synth'-like tone and my take on the 'Ray Gun' sound. As well as a 'Feedback' simulator (similar to the 'FreqOut' pedal).

The 'Ray Gun' effect is controlled by 'External' #2 on the Axe-Fx II version, and by 'Control Switch' #1 (switch number 8) on the AX8 version. On the Axe-Fx II (nec) version, it will be activated by selecting Scene #8

Scene #1... Clean tone
Scene #5... 'Synth' tone for the breakdown

Unbelievable!!! Wow!!!! Wizard!!!:eek:

Hearing what you have been doing with synth parts like Dio and now this preset I was wondering if The Who Baba O'riley would be possible :D

A thousand times yes!!

Woo hoo! Thanks @Moke! Rick Nielsen was my first guitar hero! I really like the synth part and second the motion for a Baba O’Riley preset! You are truly the Preset Wizard!

I definitely won't be able to get the piano tone in there. The main looping part and the key change at that break down section might be possible? The ending might be tough?

I definitely won't be able to get the piano tone in there. The main looping part and the key change at that break down section might be possible? The ending might be tough?
@Moke Take a look on this video. The guy uses a delay with a single repeat...that may be a starting point. The piano is not necessary...

For anyone on the fence, the quality of the preset is only about half of what I think about in the price.

The other half is picking apart the parameters, how did @Moke get the different effects, the IR, etc.

I have taken his settings for reverb, chorus, or another effect and simply saved it as a preset to recall in a separate preset.

For anyone on the fence, the quality of the preset is only about half of what I think about in the price.

The other half is picking apart the parameters, how did @Moke get the different effects, the IR, etc.

I have taken his settings for reverb, chorus, or another effect and simply saved it as a preset to recall in a separate preset.

Thanks @Mr.LukeCooper.. That's a very good point.

This also applies to presets like 'Rebel Yell'. You can easily replace the amps and cabs with your own favorites, and the 'Synth', 'Ray Gun', and 'Feedback' simulator portions of the preset would still stay intact.

Thanks @Mr.LukeCooper.. That's a very good point.

This also applies to presets like 'Rebel Yell'. You can easily replace the amps and cabs with your own favorites, and the 'Synth', 'Ray Gun', and 'Feedback' simulator portions of the preset would still stay intact.
I was thinking this very thing to do a cover of “Jump” by Van Halen and play the keyboard parts on Guitar. Hmmm...

Unbelievable!!! Wow!!!! Wizard!!!:eek:
Thank you. I spent around 30 hours trying all kinds of things out, and spent a few more in order to get it all to fit in one AX8 preset.

At one point there was another feature that was in the Axe-Fx II version, The 'staccato' synth part, when the song first gets going and before the solo. But dropped it because there was no way to fit it into the AX8 version.

Last edited:
It might just be me, but when loading "You Give Love..." there were no footswitches assigned. It was simple, just assigning scenes, but though I'd let you know.

It might just be me, but when loading "You Give Love..." there were no footswitches assigned. It was simple, just assigning scenes, but though I'd let you know.
Confirmed..... And a good catch...;)

Foot switches assigned, saved and exported, and added to the 'Update' page on the site.

Okay, here is the demo video for my preset for 'Rebel Yell' by Billy Idol. (in isolation and with a backing track)

Scene #1... Clean tone
Scene #5... 'Synth' tone for the breakdown

wow this sounds amazing!

I have to say I never had any interest in learning "Rebel Yell"...until I watched your video. That's just so cool I'm going to have to give it a go.

I'm going to bring it up at my next gig this Saturday. I've got the preset, learned most of the song, and even have a backing track with the keyboard parts........;)

Back
Top Bottom