Legacy Presets [Moke's Custom Presets] 'AX8' Master Thread - Updated to Q9.04/10.01 -New presets, Videos, Huge Discounts

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.
No worries. Just razzin' ya 'cause it's Friday night. That preset is spot on.

My 'Shout at the Devil' by Motley Crue preset is now in the store.

Available for the Axe-Fx II and AX8.

I unfortunately can't put the YouTube link to the demo video here, as it was instantly blocked (in most countries) for 'copyright content'. However, an HD version of the video is in the preset's description page in the store.

Includes an optional 'Pitch' block to drop the tuning down a whole-step for standard A-440 tuned guitars. You can replace this block with a 'shunt' if you are already tuned down (to reduce the CPU load) or wish to stay in standard tuning.

Added a Wha and a Flanger block for use with many other 'early' Motley Crue songs. The (nec) version contains an envelope controlled 'Auto-Wah'.

A quick demo of my 'Rainbow in the Dark' by Dio preset (9.04)

The backing track has no guitars (except during the solo) or keyboards in it. No double tracking, no post EQ. The 'Synth/Pad' part is coming from the Axe Fx and is triggered by selecting scene 2.

You are a Warlock.

A demo of all 5 scenes of my upcoming 'Bon Jovi - 'Livin' on a Prayer' preset for the Axe-Fx II and the AX8.

Includes a 'Talk Box' simulation.

The (YouTube) backing track used has no guitars. One stereo guitar track, no overdubs, no post-EQ.

Scene 1...Main Rhythm (only)
Scene 2...Main Rhythm and 'Talk Box' Sim together
Scene 3...'Talk Box' Sim (only)
Scene 4...Main Solo
Scene 5...'Talk Box' Solo

A demo of all 5 scenes of my upcoming 'Bon Jovi - 'Livin' on a Prayer' preset for the Axe-Fx II and the AX8.

The (YouTube) backing track used has no guitars. One stereo guitar track, no overdubs, no post-EQ.

Scene 4...Main Solo

Epic

A demo of all 4 scenes of my upcoming 'Bon Jovi - 'You Give Love A Bad Name' preset for the Axe-Fx II and the AX8.

Scene 1...Main Rhythm
Scene 2...Main Rhythm with a slight boost and Delay (see the demo video for uses)
Scene 3...'Intro' and 'Outro' Solos
Scene 4...Main Solo

My Bon Jovi 'Livin' On A Prayer' and 'You Give Love A Bad Name' presets are now in the store.

Available for the Axe-Fx II and the AX8. (Q9.04)

Here is a demo of all 5 scenes of my - Thin Lizzy - 'The Boys Are Back In Town V2' preset for the Axe-Fx II and the AX8.

Includes all of the harmony parts (via 3 Global Custom scales)

Last edited:
My 'Boys Are Back In Town' 2.1 preset is now available in the store.

Last edited:
I have received quite a few emails about the 'Global Custom Scales' and how to enter them.

So.........Here is some information about using 'Global Custom Scales'.

There are 32 'Global Custom Scales' available. The 'Global Custom Scales' are not entered in the Pitch block itself. They are stored separately in each individual unit, in the Global menu. The manual gives a very brief description about them, but not specifically how to access and program them.

Each scale must be programmed using the key of 'A' to work correctly. You then can select the actual 'Key' being used in the Pitch block itself. Any 'Global Custom Scale' can be used by multiple Pitch blocks, and in more than one preset. The 'Pitch' block type must be set to 'Custom Shift'. The 'Voice 1' and 'Voice 2' parameters now each access any one of the 32 'Global Custom Scales'.

........Entering 'Global Custom Scales' on the AX8........

On the AX8 front panel (not Axe edit), press the ' Shift' button, then the 'Store/Setup' button. Now press foot switch #1 to enter the 'Global' menu. Now press the 'Page>' button until you get to the 'Scales' tab. Use the 'A' knob to scroll through the available 'Custom Scale' slots. Once you get to the 'Custom Scale' number that you wish to program, for example Custom Scale #5, then use the 'E' button to move the cursor down through each 'Note'. Then use the 'A' knob to change the pitch shift amount for each 'Note' to match the list in the 'Description' page. The range of pitch shift available is -24 semi tones to +24 semi tones. The negative shift amounts will have a '-' in front of the number. The positive shift amounts will just display the number (no + in front of it).

It would be nice if this could be done in Axe-Edit. But it must be done on the unit itself. Each 'Custom Scale' should only take about 1 minute to program. The 'Pitch' blocks in my presets are already programmed to use a specific 'Global Custom Scale' number, so once you have the proper pitch shift intervals programmed in each scale (per the included Description page), the presets will work as intended. Nothing need be done to the pitch shift block itself.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks, Moke

Last edited:
My 'Boys Are Back In Town' 2.1 preset is now available in the store.
Make that "My 'Boys Are Back In Town' 2.2 'AX8' preset is now available in the store.

I discovered a couple errors in the 'Description' page for the 'Global Custom Scale' #7. I have corrected the errors, and uploaded the new 'Description' page along with the new version 2.2 presets to the zipped file in the 'Archive/Update' page.

The Pitch block was not tracking nearly as well as the Axe-Fx II version. So I made some changes to lower the CPU percentage significantly. This helps the Pitch block track much smoother now. Also made a couple of changes to the 'Low' and 'High' cuts in the Cab block.

Last edited:
I have recently added more presets specifically for 'Single-Coil' guitars. I received several requests for this one in particular.

A new 'Single-Coil' version of my 'Livin' On A Prayer' preset has just been added to the store.

Available for the Axe-Fx II and AX8.

It uses the same IR as the 'Humbucker' version. All other functions and scenes are also the same.

Last edited:

Scene 4...Main Solo

MOKE, This sound amazing!!!
On the top of my list with my next order to you.

A demo of all the scenes of my upcoming preset for 'Surrender' by Cheap Trick.

Available for the Fractal Audio 'Axe-Fx II' and 'AX8'.

Includes the Synth/Strings part automatically playing in time with the 'Tap Tempo' in all 3 keys. (B-flat, B, and C)

Scene #1... Main rhythm (guitar only)
Scene #2... Main rhythm (reduced gain) + Synth/Strings (reduced level and less staccato) (verse and chorus sections) (key of B)
Scene #3... Main rhythm + Synth/Strings (more staccato) (key of B)
Scene #4... Main rhythm (reduced gain) + Synth/Strings (reduced level and less staccato) (verse and chorus sections) (key of C)
Scene #5... Main rhythm + Synth/Strings (more staccato) (key of C)

Scene #8... 'Intro' Main rhythm + Synth/Strings (more staccato) (key of B-flat)

Last edited:
A demo of all the scenes of my upcoming preset for 'Surrender' by Cheap Trick.

Available for the Fractal Audio 'Axe-Fx II' and 'AX8'.

Includes the Synth/Strings part automatically playing in time with the 'Tap Tempo' in all 3 keys. (B-flat, B, and C)

Scene #1... Main rhythm (guitar only)
Scene #2... Main rhythm (reduced gain) + Synth/Strings (reduced level and less staccato) (verse and chorus sections) (key of B)
Scene #3... Main rhythm + Synth/Strings (more staccato) (key of B)
Scene #4... Main rhythm (reduced gain) + Synth/Strings (reduced level and less staccato) (verse and chorus sections) (key of C)
Scene #5... Main rhythm + Synth/Strings (more staccato) (key of C)

Scene #8... 'Intro' Main rhythm + Synth/Strings (more staccato) (key of B-flat)

Hearing what you have been doing with synth parts like Dio and now this preset I was wondering if The Who Baba O'riley would be possible :D

Back
Top Bottom