Legacy Presets [Moke's Custom Presets] 'AX8' Master Thread - Updated to Q9.04/10.01 -New presets, Videos, Huge Discounts

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.
Hey Moke,

Just purchased four of the patches, and they're awesome..... but for the life of me, the sounds I get from the rebel Yell scene 2 are nothing like on your vid. I'm hearing it as really flubby and pretty piercing in the highs.

Any ideas? I've tried it with 2 Les Pauls, one with Rebel Yell humbuckers in, the other with Suhr Aldrich ones.

Hey Moke,

Just purchased four of the patches, and they're awesome..... but for the life of me, the sounds I get from the rebel Yell scene 2 are nothing like on your vid. I'm hearing it as really flubby and pretty piercing in the highs.

Any ideas? I've tried it with 2 Les Pauls, one with Rebel Yell humbuckers in, the other with Suhr Aldrich ones.
Hmmm, Do you have the IRs imported in the recommended slots?

If so, can you email me a clip of how it sounds for you?

How it sounds in the mix can be deceiving. That's why I included some isolated examples in the beginning of the demo. The original studio tone was much brighter and thinner. After the Tone Match, I blended it with an IR and cut some more highs to make have the 'vibe' of the original, but still sound fuller at gig volumes.

Last edited:
Hmmm, Do you have the IRs imported in the recommended slots?

If so, can you email me a clip of how it sounds for you?

How it sounds in the mix can be deceiving. That's why I included some isolated examples in the beginning of the demo. The original studio tone was much brighter and thinner. After the Tone Match, I blended it with an IR and cut some more highs to make have the 'vibe' of the original, but still sound fuller at gig volumes.

Yeah, the IRs are in the right slots :)

Cheers mate, will record and email a clip when I'm at home - probably won't be until Friday now though.

Okay, here is the demo video for my preset for 'Rebel Yell' by Billy Idol. (in isolation and with a backing track)

This one took a while to get right. There is a lot of stuff crammed in their, but I was also able to make it all work on the AX8.

Includes the 'Synth'-like tone and my take on the 'Ray Gun' sound. As well as a 'Feedback' simulator (similar to the 'FreqOut' pedal).

The 'Ray Gun' effect is controlled by 'External' #2 on the Axe-Fx II version, and by 'Control Switch' #1 (switch number 8) on the AX8 version. On the Axe-Fx II (nec) version, it will be activated by selecting Scene #8

Scene #1... Clean tone
Scene #2... Main rhythm tone
Scene #3... Main rhythm tone + a 'Feedback' simulator
Scene #4... Solo tone + 'Ray Gun' effect (via a controller)
Scene #5... 'Synth' tone for the breakdown (Neck pickup)

This is absolutely stunning. I'm having so much fun playing with this. This is your finest work so far.

Played the first gig using the Rebel Yell patch last night (after landing two hours earlier from a flight from Barcelona). If you want to hear how it sounds when an amateur band use it, see below... (note - the only things I changed were to change the distorted amp to a Friedman v2, as I found the original far too shrill for me):

Cheers again Moke!

Just to let you know... My site had been experiencing some strange issues for the past couple of days, preventing some from being able to add a preset to the 'Cart' or not accepting payments.

It looks like the site host had applied an update to all sites and caused this issue with a few other customers. They have removed the update and it appears to be working now.

Sorry for any inconvenience

For those AX8 users that added or upgraded to the Axe-Fx III and are 'watching' this thread, I have started adding the Axe-fx III versions of my presets to my store.

I started with the 'General Multi-Purpose' presets first. The last one was added today.

Initially, most will sound very much like the Axe-Fx II versions (which is usually better than the AX8 versions?), although maybe slightly better because of the new amp modeling and other improvements. Most of these already have some improvements over the older versions. But over time, they will grow farther apart from the AX8/Axe-Fx II versions because of future improvements? And as always, once someone purchases a preset, they will get to come along for the ride for free.

There will undoubtedly be new Axe Fx 3 presets that will come along that will not be available in the other devices, because of the extra CPU and other enhancements. I'm not sure if I will put out a 'lesser' version for the other units? I will cross that bridge when I come to it?

I will start on the 'Artist/Song Specific' presets soon.

For those AX8 users that added or upgraded to the Axe-Fx III and are 'watching' this thread, I have started adding the Axe-fx III versions of my presets to my store.

I started with the 'General Multi-Purpose' presets first. The last one was added today.

Initially, most will sound very much like the Axe-Fx II versions (which is usually better than the AX8 versions?), although maybe slightly better because of the new amp modeling and other improvements. Most of these already have some improvements over the older versions. But over time, they will grow farther apart from the AX8/Axe-Fx II versions because of future improvements? And as always, once someone purchases a preset, they will get to come along for the ride for free.

There will undoubtedly be new Axe Fx 3 presets that will come along that will not be available in the other devices, because of the extra CPU and other enhancements. I'm not sure if I will put out a 'lesser' version for the other units? I will cross that bridge when I come to it?

I will start on the 'Artist/Song Specific' presets soon.

What sucks is that Axe-Fx III presets will have to be manually converted backwards. I was thinking about getting into the commercial preset arena but that's a big punch in the gut.

I have had multiple requests for a 'Single-Coil' version of this one. So, I just added a new 'Artist/Song Specific' preset to the store.

Available for the 'AX8' (9.04), 'Axe-Fx II' (9.04), and 'Axe Fx III' (1.13)

1. 'Eruption - You Really Got Me'.... (for Single-Coil guitars)

All 3 versions are slightly different, as each platform has something unique to that platform. But they were tweaked to sound as close as possible to each other.

And, as with the 'Humbucker' versions, each also include a new 'Single-Coil' version of the "Mark Day's Eruption' preset.

Last edited:
Here is the demo video of the new Single-Coil version of my 'Eruption' preset.

Available for the 'AX8' (9.04), 'Axe-Fx II' (9.04), and 'Axe Fx III' (1.13)

There are some 'clams' and it kept going out of tune..:confused: Just some random noodling.:cool:

Last edited:
Hey @Moke, in the 10.00 release I'm having an issue with any preset of yours including what I believe is any acoustic cab you created. I used the "Longtime" preset as the example. The preset only uses the X cab set to stereo, the heavy cab and the acoustic cab. If I disable the acoustic cab the distorted tone is great, but the acoustic cab makes a terrible sound. I reverted back to 9.04 and the issues went away, and it looks like the cab was still set to a single stereo X cab, same as in 10.00. My first thought was it was supposed to be an X/Y setup with heavy as X and clean as Y, but that didn't seem to be the case. I didn't notice any difference as far as settings or modifiers to set cab volumes per scene or similar. Any clue what's happening here?
Also, thank you for all the hard work you've already put in, and thank you again if you find a cure!

The 'X' amp block should be panned left to only use the left IR, and the 'Y' amp block should be panned right to only use the right IR?

Not sure why Q10 would change that? Did you edit or try to reset anything? Is that firmware one of the many beta versions, or is it the 'release candidate'?

I am waiting for a more stable version before I update.

The 'X' amp block should be panned left to only use the left IR, and the 'Y' amp block should be panned right to only use the right IR?

Not sure why Q10 would change that? Did you edit or try to reset anything? Is that firmware one of the many beta versions, or is it the 'release candidate'?

I am waiting for a more stable version before I update.
I tried it on each beta release, as well as the "release candidate", all had the same issue. I noticed each IR was panned hard left and right. Nothing seemed to be different, but I'll double check to make sure the amp block as well is hard panned. I'll check it out again and see if I can find the root cause, or possibly fix it.
Thanks for the update!

Last edited:
While porting over my Kiss - 'Detroit Rock City' preset for the Axe-Fx III, I discovered an error in the 'Description' page and a missing IR for both the Axe-Fx II and AX8 versions.

A couple of firmware revisions ago (after some live show testing), I made a change to the cab block and added one of my other IRs along with the original 'Detroit (Moke)' IR. But I never revised the 'Description' page and forgot to include that IR in the IR folder from that point on. I am surprised that no one noticed the discrepancy between the cab block in the preset and the 'Description' page, as well as the missing IR?

I updated the preset names, IR folder name, and Zipped folder name to include a '2' to differentiate it from the previous versions.

The corrected 'Description' page and IR folder have been added to the (9.04) zipped file in the update pages for both platforms.

Sorry for any inconvenience. Moke

Last edited:
While porting over my The Who - 'Baba O'Riley/Won't Get Fooled Again' preset for the Axe-Fx III, I once again discovered an error in the 'Description' page and one wrong IR for both the Axe-Fx II and AX8 versions.

A couple of firmware revisions ago (after some live show testing), I made a minor change to the cab block and changed one of the IRs that is being blended along with the original 'The Who (Moke)' IR. But I never revised the 'Description' page and forgot to include that IR in the IR folder from that point on.

I updated the preset names, IR folder name, and Zipped folder name to include a '2' to differentiate it from the previous versions.

The corrected PDF 'Description' page and IR folder have been added to the (9.04) zipped file in the update pages for both platforms.

Sorry for any inconvenience. Moke

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom