Legacy Presets [Moke's Custom Presets] 'AX8' Master Thread - Updated to Q9.04/10.01 -New presets, Videos, Huge Discounts

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.
Hey Moke, Just want to give you a shout out!
I have been receiving all positive comments on my tone!
It is based off your Plexi.
It is truly amazing what that amp can do with pickup changes and volume knob position.
I can't get enough of it!!!
Now I can focus on playing instead of searching for an elusive tone.
Thank you Moke :)

Hey Moke, Just want to give you a shout out!
I have been receiving all positive comments on my tone!
It is based off your Plexi.
It is truly amazing what that amp can do with pickup changes and volume knob position.
I can't get enough of it!!!
Now I can focus on playing instead of searching for an elusive tone.
Thank you Moke :)
Thanks @scottp...:cool: I really appreciate the feedback.

All 9 of my AX8 'General Multi-Purpose' presets are now updated for Q9.04.
  1. Moke's Acoustic+Shimmer 3.2 (HB)
  2. Moke's Acoustic+Shimmer 3.2 (SC)
  3. Moke's Acoustic Sim 3.2 (HB)
  4. Moke's Acoustic Sim! 3.2 (SC)
  5. Moke's Acoustic+B3 sims 3.2 (HB)........(New IR)
  6. Moke's Bass Sim (SC)
  7. Moke's 'JCM-800' 2.1 (HB)
  8. Moke's Plexi+Acoustic 3.2 Sim (HB)........(New IR)
  9. Moke's Plexi+B3 Sim (HB)
Make sure to read the new 'Description' pages. The "Moke's Acoustic+B3 sims 3.2 (HB)" And the "Moke's Plexi+Acoustic (HB)" presets use a new IR. I also re-ordered some of the scenes to a more 'standardized' convention to match the Axe-fx II versions.

New for Q9.04.... Reset all of the advanced parameters (including the new 'Preamp CF Hardness' default of '7.50') in the amp blocks to the new 9.04 default settings, except those where I purposely used a different setting. Then checked and re-dialed the levels of the scenes.

I also made some other tweaks and improvements based on live performances.

Free for anyone that has already purchased them. Just use the same 'Archive/Update' link. The new zipped files have 'Q9.04' in the name.

Last edited:
While in the middle of updating my AX8 'General Multi-Purpose' presets, I needed to use my Strat for the 'Single-Coil' versions. So I decided to finish updating all of the AX8 'Artist' presets that are made for 'Single- Coil' guitars to 9.04.

All of my (Single-Coil) AX8 'Artist/Song Specific' presets are now updated for Q9.04.
  1. Moke's Wicked Game (SC)
  2. Moke's Blue Hotel (SC)
  3. Moke's Lie to Me (SC)
  4. Moke's Blue on Black (SC)
  5. Moke's Pride (SC)
  6. Moke's Streets+POG (SC)
  7. Moke's Live Gilmour (SC)
  8. Moke's Gold on the Ceiling (SC)
  9. Moke's Little Black Submarines (SC)

New for Q9.04.... Reset all of the advanced parameters (including the new 'Preamp CF Hardness' default of '7.50') in the Amp blocks to the new 9.04 default settings, except those where I purposely used a different setting. Then checked and re-dialed the levels of the scenes.

Free for anyone that has already purchased them. Just use the same 'Archive/Update' link. The new zipped files have 'Q9.04' in the name.

Last edited:
All of my 'AX8' (and Axe-Fx II) presets are now updated for Q9.04.

Make sure to read the new 'Description' pages. The AX8 "Moke's Wish You Were Here (HB)" preset uses a new IR. I also re-ordered some of the scenes to a more 'standardized' convention to match the Axe-fx II versions.

New for Q9.04.... Reset all of the advanced parameters (including the new 'Preamp CF Hardness' default of '7.50') in the amp blocks to the new 9.04 default settings, except those where I purposely used a different setting. Then checked and re-dialed the levels of the scenes.

Last edited:
Just added 4 new AX8 'General Multi-Purpose' presets to the store. For you 'Single-Coil' players out there.
  1. Moke's Acoustic+B3 sims 3.3 (SC)
  2. Moke's 'JCM-800' 2.2 (SC)
  3. Moke's Plexi+Acoustic 3.3 Sim (SC)
  4. Moke's Plexi+B3 Sim (SC)
These are the 'Single-Coil' versions of some existing presets. I've had many requests for 'Single-Coil' versions of many of my presets. This is the 1st round.

Then I hope to occasionally release some new 'Single-Coil' versions of my Humbucker based 'Artist/Song Specific' presets from time to time.

Last edited:
Just added 4 new AX8 'General Multi-Purpose' presets to the store. For you 'Single-Coil' players out there.
  1. Moke's Acoustic+B3 sims 3.3 (SC)
  2. Moke's 'JCM-800' 2.2 (SC)
  3. Moke's Plexi+Acoustic 3.3 Sim (SC)
  4. Moke's Plexi+B3 Sim (SC)
These are the 'Single-Coil' versions of some existing presets. I've had many requests for 'Single-Coil' versions of many of my presets. This is the 1st round.

Then I hope to occasionally release some new 'Single-Coil' versions of my Humbucker based 'Artist/Song Specific' presets from time to time.
Very cool @Moke!

BTW... In the past, almost all of the 'No External Controllers' (nec) versions of my presets were identical to the regular versions, with the exceptions of the 'External Controllers' being removed.

However, the 9.04 "(nec)" versions have differences in most cases. Any "(nec)" preset that contains a 'Wah' block will now operate as an 'Auto-Wah' or will have various foot switches assigned to activate and control it (when activated). Any AX8 "(nec)" preset that contains a 'Whammy' affect will have various foot switches assigned to activate/control it.

Please read the 'Description' page that comes in the zipped file for important info whenever you download a new version.

Just added a preset for 'Shooting Star' by Bad Company (For Humbucker guitars)... (Q9.04)

Available for the Axe-Fx II and the AX8.

Scene #1....Main rhythm (Electric and slightly reduced Acoustic Sim's)
Scene #2....Acoustic Sim only (at full volume)
Scene #3....Intro (reduced gain Electric tone with Chorus and Acoustic)
Scene #4....Solo (Neck pickup)

Just added a preset for 'Shooting Star' by Bad Company (For Humbucker guitars)... (Q9.04)

Scene #1....Main rhythm (Electric and slightly reduced Acoustic Sim's)
Scene #2....Acoustic Sim only (at full volume)
Scene #3....Intro (reduced gain Electric tone with Chorus and Acoustic)
Scene #4....Solo (Neck pickup)

Awesome, that was one of my suggestions......lol Any chance to hear a snippet? I have been using your acoustic / plexi for this song.

Just added a preset for 'Rainbow in the Dark' by Dio (For Humbucker guitars)... (Q9.04)

This one has a cool bonus.........It includes the 'Synth/Pad' part of the song. The notes play automatically using the 'Sequencer' controller (like a backing track sample), so you are free to play the rhythm guitar part. The 'Synth/Pad' part , and all associated controllers, are tied to the tempo of the preset. So the speed of the 'Synth/Pad' part will track any tempo that you input with the 'Tap Tempo' switch. Also, when you switch back to scene 1 at the end of the 'Synth/Pad' parts of the song, a dedicated Delay block will continue echoing the last two notes, like in the original recording. The preset tempo loads at 118 bpm (an average of the studio recording).
NOTE.. If 'Press and Hold for X/Y' is enabled, the sequence will start on the upstroke of Switch #2.

I will try to get a demo video done and posted soon.

Scene #1....Main rhythm

Scene #2....Main rhythm - plus the 'Pad/Synth' part. 'Pad/Synth' sequence starts immediately when
scene 2 is selected and continues until you select another Scene. (speed linked to the Tap Tempo if needed)

Scene #3....Main rhythm (optional -1 dB louder for just after the Solo)

Scene #4....Solo.

Just added a preset for 'Rainbow in the Dark' by Dio (For Humbucker guitars)... (Q9.04)

This one has a cool bonus.........It includes the 'Synth/Pad' part of the song. The notes play automatically using the 'Sequencer' controller (like a backing track sample), so you are free to play the rhythm guitar part. The 'Synth/Pad' part , and all associated controllers, are tied to the tempo of the preset. So the speed of the 'Synth/Pad' part will track any tempo that you input with the 'Tap Tempo' switch. Also, when you switch back to scene 1 at the end of the 'Synth/Pad' parts of the song, a dedicated Delay block will continue echoing the last two notes, like in the original recording. The preset tempo loads at 118 bpm (an average of the studio recording).
NOTE.. If 'Press and Hold for X/Y' is enabled, the sequence will start on the upstroke of Switch #2.

I will try to get a demo video done and posted soon.

Scene #1....Main rhythm

Scene #2....Main rhythm - plus the 'Pad/Synth' part. 'Pad/Synth' sequence starts immediately when
scene 2 is selected and continues until you select another Scene. (speed linked to the Tap Tempo if needed)

Scene #3....Main rhythm (optional -1 dB louder for just after the Solo)

Scene #4....Solo.
Wow! That is way cool @Moke! I will be purchasing this one! Thanks! We need to organize a benefit concert to get you an Axe III!

Wow! That is way cool @Moke! I will be purchasing this one! Thanks! We need to organize a benefit concert to get you an Axe III!
Thank you. I should have a short demo video posted tonight?

I will get an Axe-fx III at some point.

A quick demo of my 'Shooting Star' by Bad Company preset (9.04)

Available for the Axe Fx II and the AX8.

A quick demo of my 'Rainbow in the Dark' by Dio preset (9.04)

The backing track has no guitars (except during the solo) or keyboards in it. No double tracking, no post EQ. The 'Synth/Pad' part is coming from the Axe Fx and is triggered by selecting scene 2.

Available for the Axe-Fx II and AX8.

Last edited:
A demo video of my 'Stranglehold' by Ted Nugent preset (9.04)

Includes a Bass Solo scene, with a Bass simulator.

Available (soon) for the Axe-Fx II and the AX8.

Reactions: Rex

The 'Stranglehold' preset in now in the store.

Those are some seriously nailed tones, @Moke ! But you gotta spill the beans: how are you getting that thick tone from Scene 5, with everything bypassed (1:10)? :)

Those are some seriously nailed tones, @Moke ! But you gotta spill the beans: how are you getting that thick tone from Scene 5, with everything bypassed (1:10)? :)
I programmed some special secret bypassed blocks. I'm under a Non Disclosure Agreement, so I can't go into details......;)

Okay, now for the truth. Every now and then when I switch scenes, something in the editor doesn't update correctly and all the blocks appear bypassed? I didn't notice it until I posted the video, and didn't want to go back and redo it...:D.

Maybe I can take a screenshot of scene 5 and superimpose it over that section of the video? In the meantime this is what it should look like on an AX8...
Stranglehold Scene 5.png

Note...... The 'Multi-delay' block at the beginning of the grid is being used as a pseudo-'Pitch' block, since only one is available in the AX8 and is being used for the harmony section (Scene 2). Using the Y state of the pitch block to drop the pitch down 1 octave for the base solo (Scene 5) just didn't sound right after the Amp/distortion. Plus there is a controller attached to the pitch block that also complicated things. It sure would be awesome if the X and Y states could have their own controller assignments (or at least the ability to turn them on or off in each state).

Back
Top Bottom