Legacy Presets [Moke's Custom Presets] 'AX8' Master Thread - Updated to Q9.04/10.01 -New presets, Videos, Huge Discounts

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.
@Moke, is there a list available of what's available in your "clean to mean" patches? Though I'm learning daily, I'm still very new to the AX8. Also, I heard you have a solid reverb for the AX8. Where might I find it?

@Moke, is there a list available of what's available in your "clean to mean" patches? Though I'm learning daily, I'm still very new to the AX8. Also, I heard you have a solid reverb for the AX8. Where might I find it?
I can see if I can provide a list, but they are the factory presets with minor tweaks to certain parameters and of coarse, set up in a 'Clean to Mean' configuration.

As for my favorite Reverb, it's the 'Studio' type, raise the 'Low Cut' parameter in the Reverb block to at least 150 Hz. Higher on tones with more bottom end. Try raising the 'Pre-Delay' to 100ms or higher, if you want a more percussive initial attack from the dry guitar sound.

My rig is still packed away from a show this weekend. After I get it set back up, I will take a look at getting more info.

My 'Van Halen' - 'Eruption/You Really Got Me' AX8 Preset now includes a (free) second version modified by Fractal Audio's Mark Day!

This one also has the 'Dive Bomb' effect and uses the same scene arrangement as the original.

There are no external controllers and it uses Factory cabs.

It's in the Archive/Update page along with my new version 2.1.

New preset added to the store.............'Moke's Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Live Tone'

It's a 'Tone Matched' preset modeled after Mr. Young's Live tone from his 'Crazy Horse' era. More specifically the 'Weld' Live album.

Available for the 'Axe-Fx II', the 'AX8', and as a 'Axe-Fx II and AX8 - 2-Pack'

I'll try to add a clip to the site tomorrow night.

I discovered a mistake in the 'Moke's JCM-800' (AX8) preset.

Scenes 5 through 8 had 'Vol/Pan' block #1 (mistakenly) bypassed.

This block is responsible for panning the non-'Chorused' signal path to the left, while the 'Chorused' signal path is panned to the right via the 'Chorus' block itself. This made the left side much louder than the right and messed up the intended 'Dual' hard panned guitar sound.

The new version 2.1 replaces V2 and is in the 'Archive/Update' page. Free for all that have purchased the preset.

New 'AX8' preset added to the store...........A 'Tone Matched' preset for the song 'Love Song' by 'Tesla'

I've had this one available for the Axe-Fx II for a while. I just added a new, more efficient version for the the Axe-Fx and was able to now make it work in the 'AX8'.

Contains an 'Acoustic Guitar Simulation' that converts the sound of the 'bridge' Humbucker pickup on an electric guitar into an acoustic guitar sound. And a 12-string simulation on the 'Main' electric guitar tone.

Scene #1....Intro tone A (and Outro tone)......'X' Rotary speed – Slow
Scene #2....Intro tone B..................................'Y' Rotary speed – Fast
Scene #3.... Main rhythm tone - Adds slightly more 'dirt' (starts when drums come in at around1:11)
Scene #4....Solo (uses Amp 'Y' and Cab 'Y', so it is not seamless)

Scenes #5 through #8 are not used.

IMPORTANT NOTE....As with the Axe-Fx II version....When the preset first loads, the 'Acoustic Sim' part of the preset is not heard. This allows you to play the intro with the electric tone only without the need of another scene. Selecting scene 2 (or any other scene) just before the vocals begins, automatically turns up the 'Acoustic Sim' and speeds up the 'Rotary'. You are now free to use scenes 1 and 2 to speed up and slow the 'Rotary' and the 'Acoustic Sim' tone will remain active in scenes 1, 2, and 3 during the rest of the song, unless the preset is reloaded.

Wow... don’t even know the song...but Gotta check out that routing.....!
Cool......Have fun with the preset autopsy.....:cool:

Extra credit when you figure out why the Acoustic Sim is muted in scene 1, when the preset first loads. But isn't when you back, after selecting scenes 2 or 3....;)

Another new 'AX8' preset added to the store..........'Moke's Acoustic+B3 Sim'

I've had this one available for the Axe-Fx II for a while. I finally got a chance to figure out how to make it work in the 'AX8'.

It combines my Acoustic Simulator with my B3 Organ Simulator into one preset. You can use either one or both. includes 6 Scenes.
Bottom Row....
Scene #1....Rhythm....'Acoustic Sim' only.
Scene #2....Rhythm....'B3 Organ' Sim only.
Scene #3....Rhythm....'Acoustic' and 'B3 Organ' Sims together....(levels slightly reduced to match scenes 1 & 2 via Scene Controller 1)
Top Row....
Scene #4....Solo...........'Acoustic Sim' only........adds a 'Filter' (Solo boost) and 'Delay' block.
Scene #5....Solo...........'B3 Organ' Sim only......adds a 'Filter' (Solo boost) and 'Delay' block.
Scene #6....Solo...........'Acoustic Sim' and 'B3 Organ' Sims together...adds a 'Filter' (Solo boost) and 'Delay' block..(levels slightly reduced to match scenes 4 & 5)

Last edited:
I finally found some time to make a few demo videos. Here is one for my version of the live tone of 'Neil Young and Crazy Horse' form the 'Weld' live show. Available for the 'Axe-Fx II' and the 'AX8'

4 scenes, arranged 'Clean to Mean'

Added another new preset for the Fractal Audio 'Axe-Fx II' and 'AX8'.

My 'Acoustic Shimmer' preset. It's an Acoustic simulation with a 'Shimmer' effect. It works with a bridge 'Humbucker' pickup. I will work on a 'Single-Coil' version too.

This thing is a real blast to play. Great for 'Praise and Worship' players. The 'Shimmer' effect adds a nice accompaniment while you play. I lost a few hours just noodling and having fun while making the demo video.

Scene #1....Acoustic Sim and 'Shimmer' sound.
Scene #2....Acoustic Sim only. ('Shimmer' sound holds on the last chord and fades out)
Scene #3....Acoustic Sim only. ('Shimmer' sound holds on the last chord and fades out very slowly)
Scene #4....'Shimmer' sound only.

Added another new preset for the 'Axe-Fx II' and 'AX8'.

My '(SC) Acoustic Shimmer' preset. It's an Acoustic simulation with a 'Shimmer' effect. This one is designed to work with a bridge 'Single-Coil' pickup. You can experiment with the other pickups too, but you might have to make some EQ adjustments with the included GEQ block.

Same scene setup as the 'Humbucker' versions

Scene #1....Acoustic Sim and 'Shimmer' sound.
Scene #2....Acoustic Sim only. ('Shimmer' sound holds on the last chord and fades out)
Scene #3....Acoustic Sim only. ('Shimmer' sound holds on the last chord and fades out very slowly)
Scene #4....'Shimmer' sound only.

Last edited:
New 'Build Your Own Pack' Discounts For Individual Presets Only

Effective September 19th, 2017
Purchase Any 4+ Individual Presets..........Get $15 off with coupon code: '4pack'
Purchase Any 8+ Individual Presets..........Get $40 off with coupon code: '8pack'
Purchase Any 12+ Individual Presets......Get $65 off with coupon code: '12pack'
Purchase Any 16+ Individual Presets......Get $95 off with coupon code: '16pack'
Purchase Any 20+ Individual Presets....Get $130 off with coupon code: '20pack'
Purchase Any 30+ Individual Presets....Get $200 off with coupon code: '30pack'
Purchase Any 40+ Individual Presets....Get $275 off with coupon code: '40pack'
Purchase Any 50+ Individual Presets....Get $350 off with coupon code: '50pack'

New Deeper Discounts For Existing 'Clean to Mean' and 'Mild to Wild' Packs Only

Effective September 19th, 2017
Purchase Any Two Packs.......Get 10% off with coupon code: '10off'
Purchase Any Three Packs....Get 15% off with coupon code: '15off'
Purchase Any Four Packs.......Get 20% off with coupon code: '20off'
Purchase Any Five Packs........Get 25% off with coupon code: '25off'
Purchase Any Six Packs..........Get 30% off with coupon code: '30off'

Only one coupon code per order.
Place separate orders for 'Packs' and 'Individual Presets' to receive the biggest discounts

Last edited:
Added five new Presets for the 'Axe-Fx II' and the 'AX8'.
  1. 'Live Pink Floyd/Gilmour Tone' (For Humbucker Pickups)(4 Scenes)
  2. 'Live Pink Floyd/Gilmour Tone' (For Single-Coil and HSS Pickups)(4 Scenes)
  3. Chris Isaak - 'Wicked Game' (For Single-Coil Pickups)(Strat, Position #4)(4 Scenes)
  4. U2 - 'Pride' (For Single-Coil Pickups)(Strat, Position #2)(4 Scenes)
  5. U2 - 'Where The Streets Have No Name' (For Single-Coil Pickups)(Strat, Position #4)(Includes a 'POG/Shimmer' Simulation)(4 Scenes)
I'll work on some videos soon.

Back
Top Bottom