Moke's 'Clean to Mean' Pack #2 - Demo Video Added!

Moke

Axe-Master
Vendor
'Clean to Mean' Pack #2 just added to the store!........ The Best of Banks 'B' and 'C'.

This bank is comprised of 109 110 presets (added 1 more) from Factory banks 'B' and 'C'. I spent a few weeks going through them all to see what I could do with them. Because of the diverse content of the presets in these two banks, I took more liberties with them.

Most have been edited to use four scenes arranged in a “clean to mean” configuration. All presets are setup using the same methodology to make adjusting the individual scenes for your preferences easier.

Others are setup with the original 'Special Effect' tone as one scene, and the other scenes having various effect and/or various gain settings.

There are also three un-edited 'Factory' presets that were included for free at the end of the last bank because they were already setup using scenes. I added (Factory) to their names as well.

There is a number at the end of each preset name that indicates which scene (best) represents the sound of the original preset.

Scene 4 is a 'Solo' scene in most presets. There is a volume boost via 'Scene Controller #2' (in most cases also adds Drive and Delay blocks)

The 'No Quarter' preset has five scenes........
Scene 1 – A tweaked version of the original preset tone
Scene 2 – Adds a lower gain guitar panned off-center (pre-chorus sections)
Scene 3 – Adds more gain to the guitar sound (chorus sections)
Scene 4 – 'Clean' lead sound (neck pickup)
Scene 5 – 'Fuzz' lead sound (neck pickup)

'Scene Controller #1' is used to control the amount of drive or 'Dirt' in each scene. 'Scene Controller #2' is used to control the volume in each scene. I have set all of the 'Damping' parameters in the controller attachments to '100 ms'. This makes the transitions between scenes 'Morph' between the various 'Dirt' and 'Volume' settings.

'Scene Controller #1' is attached to one or more parameters with pre-determined 'Min', 'Max', and 'Mid' values. Just adjust the 'Scene Controller #1' value for the amount of drive or 'Dirt' for the scene that you wish to adjust. This can affect the volume of the edited scene, so you may need to re-adjust the volume using 'Scene Controller #2'.

'Scene Controller #2' is attached to the 'Level' parameter in the Cab block(s) with pre-determined 'Min' and 'Max' values. Adjust the 'Scene Controller #2' value for the volume needed for the scene that you wish to adjust.

Having four adjustable variations of these 'Factory' presets makes them much more useful. Adjust them for your needs and re-save them as needed. Most of all have fun!

There are quite a few surprises in these too!

Thanks..............Moke

Last edited:
'Clean to Mean' Pack #2 just added to the store!........ The Best of Banks 'B' and 'C'.

This bank is comprised of 109 presets from Factory banks 'B' and 'C'. I spent a few weeks going through them all to see what I could do with them. Because of the diverse content of the presets in these two banks, I took more liberties with them.

Most have been edited to use four scenes arranged in a “clean to mean” configuration. All presets are setup using the same methodology to make adjusting the individual scenes for your preferences easier.

Others are setup with the original 'Special Effect' tone as one scene, and the other scenes having various effect and/or various gain settings.

There are also a couple of un-edited 'Factory' presets that were included because they were already setup using scenes.

There is a number at the end of each preset name that indicates which scene (best) represents the sound of the original preset.

Scene 4 is a 'Solo' scene in most presets. There is a volume boost via 'Scene Controller #2' (in most cases also adds Drive and Delay blocks)

The 'No Quarter' preset has five scenes........
Scene 1 – A tweaked version of the original preset tone
Scene 2 – Adds a lower gain guitar panned off-center (pre-chorus sections)
Scene 3 – Adds more gain to the guitar sound (chorus sections)
Scene 4 – 'Clean' lead sound (neck pickup)
Scene 5 – 'Fuzz' lead sound (neck pickup)

'Scene Controller #1' is used to control the amount of drive or 'Dirt' in each scene. 'Scene Controller #2' is used to control the volume in each scene. I have set all of the 'Damping' parameters in the controller attachments to '100 ms'. This makes the transitions between scenes 'Morph' between the various 'Dirt' and 'Volume' settings.

'Scene Controller #1' is attached to one or more parameters with pre-determined 'Min', 'Max', and 'Mid' values. Just adjust the 'Scene Controller #1' value for the amount of drive or 'Dirt' for the scene that you wish to adjust. This can affect the volume of the edited scene, so you may need to re-adjust the volume using 'Scene Controller #2'.

'Scene Controller #2' is attached to the 'Level' parameter in the Cab block(s) with pre-determined 'Min' and 'Max' values. Adjust the 'Scene Controller #2' value for the volume needed for the scene that you wish to adjust.

Having four adjustable variations of these 'Factory' presets makes them much more useful. Adjust them for your needs and re-save them as needed. Most of all have fun!

There are quite a few surprises in these too!

Thanks..............Moke
I'm getting these beauties today! Thank you for doing this Moke - you are greatly appreciated.

Demo video added to the original post.

Warning!... may contain mindless random noodling and clams.:confused:

There are also a couple of un-edited 'Factory' presets that were included because they were already setup using scenes.

Nice video.

I'm curious though. @Moke, why include un-edited factory presets in a commercial preset pack (which probably comes with a terms of use agreement) ?

Nice video.

I'm curious though. @Moke, why include un-edited factory presets in a commercial preset pack (which probably comes with a terms of use agreement) ?
Good question..........
Only to make it easier for others to find. There were only three of them out of the 256 factory presets that make up Banks 'B' and 'C'. I added them at the last minute at the end of the pack.

I added (Factory) to the preset names to identify them as such and give Fractal full credit and disclosed it in the pack discription. I looked at it like when a commercial maker adds 'Freely Available' IRs with a preset or pack.

If I am in error, I will gladly remove them and I do apologize.

Moke

Good question..........
Only to make it easier for others to find. There were only three of them out of the 256 factory presets that make up Banks 'B' and 'C'. I added them at the last minute at the end of the pack.

I added (Factory) to the preset names to identify them as such and give Fractal full credit and disclosed it in the pack discription. I looked at it like when a commercial maker adds 'Freely Available' IRs with a preset or pack.

If I am in error, I will gladly remove them and I do apologize.

Moke

No, that's not up to me, Moke. I was just curious and could foresee some confusion. Thanks.

I for got to include the 'Stone in Love' preset in the demo. I set it up as follows....
  1. Scene 1 - Clean
  2. Scene 2 - Intro (1st half), only one amp block, volume compensated and panned off center via a 'Filter' block (IIRC)
  3. Scene 3 - Intro (2nd half) - Main Rhythm
  4. Scene 4 - Solo

Last edited:
Hi Moke I ordered the new Clean to Mean 2 pack and paid paypal but the email with the download In my inbox will not open. My browser just says cant open email and I have to hit the recovery button.

Brian White
keithwhitemusic@yahoo.com
Very strange? The first time I've heard of that. I found your order and it all looks correct? I can see that it hasn't been downloaded. Maybe something with your browser?

I am emailing you the link. Let me know if you still have any issues..........

Back
Top Bottom