Moke's 'Clean to Mean' Pack 1 - Demo Video Added!

Here is a short demo video of a few of the presets. The preset numbers might be different than yours. I have them in Bank 'B'.

M.M. ...,

These patches are VERY good ! I don't play out anymore, but I imagine that you could just drop in your preferred effects and gig with whatever amp you want !

I did notice that either you have some pretty "hot" pickups in your guitar, or I have some pretty "weak" ones .... For ex: To match the level of gain you have in the Capt Hook preset I have to move up the input gain from 1.000 to 2.000 !

M.M. ...,

These patches are VERY good ! I don't play out anymore, but I imagine that you could just drop in your preferred effects and gig with whatever amp you want !

I did notice that either you have some pretty "hot" pickups in your guitar, or I have some pretty "weak" ones .... For ex: To match the level of gain you have in the Capt Hook preset I have to move up the input gain from 1.000 to 2.000 !
Thanks.

I used my stock EBMM 'Axis'. I have my 'Instrument Input' set to 33.3% to just 'tickle the reds', to give you a point of reference

With the release of the official Q 8.02 for the AX8 and the new presets that are based on (most) of the newest Axe-Fx II Bank 'A' presets, I started to get to work on making the AX8 'Clean to Mean' pack........................But

There are LOTS of differences between them, besides missing blocks due to CPU constraints (which is expected). In some presets there are .........Different Delay models, Reverb models, Cab IRs, Drive models, and Comp models.

Not sure which way to proceed??
  1. Do I Keep the new AX8 presets as they are and just do the same thing to them that I did with the Axe-Fx II presets?
  2. Or, do I Make the AX8 versions (that have a matching Axe-Fx II preset) use the same block choices as the Axe-Fx II versions?
What do you guys think?????

Thanks.

I used my stock EBMM 'Axis'. I have my 'Instrument Input' set to 33.3% to just 'tickle the reds', to give you a point of reference

Based on that then …, I’m guessing it’s a little of both your pickups being quite hot and mine being not so much … !

I’m running James Tyler Secret in the bridge which is supposedly running at approx. 13.5K +/- That’s like a ‘hot’ PAF ( which is how he advertises it ) …. Definitely not Hi-Gain at all !

But …, I looked up my Input Level and it’s @ 65.9% ( w/ my Demeter Mid-Boost cranked up ) ….

SO, one more question ( if I may ) ….

On the Capt Hook preset, it’s no problem just upping the Input Trim …. But on the presets that you use the Input Trim to control the gain, what adjustments would you make ?

Like I mentioned above, I had to increase the Input Trim from 1.000 to 2.000 to more closely match your gain levels … ?

Based on that then …, I’m guessing it’s a little of both your pickups being quite hot and mine being not so much … !

I’m running James Tyler Secret in the bridge which is supposedly running at approx. 13.5K +/- That’s like a ‘hot’ PAF ( which is how he advertises it ) …. Definitely not Hi-Gain at all !

But …, I looked up my Input Level and it’s @ 65.9% ( w/ my Demeter Mid-Boost cranked up ) ….

SO, one more question ( if I may ) ….

On the Capt Hook preset, it’s no problem just upping the Input Trim …. But on the presets that you use the Input Trim to control the gain, what adjustments would you make ?

Like I mentioned above, I had to increase the Input Trim from 1.000 to 2.000 to more closely match your gain levels … ?
In order to maintain the various relative gain levels throughout the scenes. I would go to the 'Level' parameter in the 'Input Gate' menu. It increases or decreases the signal at the beginning of the grid and is saved on a per-preset basis.

Comes in handy for setting up presets for different guitars too.....

In order to maintain the various relative gain levels throughout the scenes. I would go to the 'Level' parameter in the 'Input Gate' menu. It increases or decreases the signal at the beginning of the grid and is saved on a per-preset basis.

PERFECT !

See .... That's why you're the expert ! I NEVER would have thought of that !

THANKS !

Quick update: Using that method on just the Capt Hook preset, I needed to bump the Input Noise Gate Level to 10.0 dB ....

It matches the gain level you had in the demo vid as close as I can given your technique vrs mine playing that little riff you used.

Now .... Off to try that same level of gain on the other presets to see if that's going to match them all, or I'll need to modify each on a patch by patch basis !

THANKS AGAIN !

Quick update: Using that method on just the Capt Hook preset, I needed to bump the Input Noise Gate Level to 10.0 dB ....

It matches the gain level you had in the demo vid as close as I can given your technique vrs mine playing that little riff you used.

Now .... Off to try that same level of gain on the other presets to see if that's going to match them all, or I'll need to modify each on a patch by patch basis !

THANKS AGAIN !
Cool..

You could also try the 'Amp Gain' parameter in the 'Global' menu, but that would affect all presets in you machine and might not be very linear?

Back
Top Bottom