Moke's 'Boys Are Back In Town'

I meant being able to walk through the solo using those scenes to capture the various harmony parts of the solo correctly.
I just tagged the scene changes on the clip in the OP for a reference. The solos aren't bad........Each solo is done using a single scene. During the short (2 chord) mid-solo break at about 3:30, the harmony is automatically muted with a 'Pitch' controller.

Scene 2 (for the verses and one break) is a bit redundant. It can be accomplished by rolling the guitar volume back while staying on scene 1. But I like having a 'Throttled Back' scene for this in most of my presets so that I don't miss the 'sweet spot' when playing and singing live.

I just tagged the scene changes on the clip in the OP for a reference. The solos aren't bad........Each solo is done using a single scene. During the short (2 chord) mid-solo break at about 3:30, the harmony is automatically muted with a 'Pitch' controller.

Scene 2 (for the verses and one break) is a bit redundant. It can be accomplished by rolling the guitar volume back while staying on scene 1. But I like having a 'Throttled Back' scene for this in most of my presets so that I don't miss the 'sweet spot' when playing and singing live.
This will probably become a lot more clear when I play the tune with your preset.

Does this same formula apply to the AX8? (Sorry for resurrecting this old thread). I'm trying to program the harmonies myself without having to tap dance my way around doing this song. Having trouble figuring out how to apply the custom scales to different scenes and what not.

Does this same formula apply to the AX8? (Sorry for resurrecting this old thread). I'm trying to program the harmonies myself without having to tap dance my way around doing this song. Having trouble figuring out how to apply the custom scales to different scenes and what not.
Yes, The only difference is that there is only one 'Pitch' block, so there is no drop tuning available in the AX8 (unless you do something tricky with the 'Multi-Delay block??). The key of the harmony will depend on the tuning of your guitar.

Purchasing the preset might be worthwhile just for the insight into how this was done?

Sometime ago these directions, below, were posted about making a patch for this song. Wish I had gotten to it. Is this what you did Moke?

Boys are back in town -

Drop the pitch shifter in after the amp and select the intelligent harmoniser.

set the scale to custom, key to A and set number of notes to 6. voice 1 harmony to -3 and voice 2 level to zero
set the custom notes to C, D, E, F, G, A
you'll need to play the riff, so that your first note is A and the harmony will play the lower part for you
Nice explanation

Back
Top Bottom