Legacy Presets Moke's AX8 'Clean to Mean' Packs #1 and #2 (and #3) - Updated for Q10.01

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.

Moke

Axe-Master
Vendor
I figured that I would start a separate thread for each of these 'Packs' to make it easier to have a better discussion?

My AX8 'Clean to Mean' Pack #1 and #2 are now updated for Q9.03/Q10.01

I used the same 'Speaker Comp' settings as the Axe-Fx II versions....

Set the new 'Speaker Comp' parameter so that there is about -3 dB of compression. Adjusted for any loss of high-end. Then re-dialed the levels of the presets and the four scenes for all 125 presets.

A little over 28 hours on each pack.....

Free for anyone that has already purchased the pack. Just use the same 'Archive/Update' link. The new zipped file has 'Q9.03' in the name.

Currently, the only AX8 "Factory" presets available that are tweaked for, and fully compatible with Q9.03....;)

Last edited:
Hey Fractal Dudes, Is anyone having trouble connecting the link to the update page ?

I'm using Macbook Pro and Firefox. Never had trouble before .

Hey Fractal Dudes, Is anyone having trouble connecting the link to the update page ?

I'm using Macbook Pro and Firefox. Never had trouble before .
I did not go with Safari and Macbook Pro, but with the same Macbook and the Firefox I had no problems

Switched from Firefox to Chrome and was able to make link work to update Clean to Mean pack #1.
Looking forward to trying the update.

Switched from Firefox to Chrome and was able to make link work to update Clean to Mean pack #1.
Looking forward to trying the update.
Good to know. I don't know what has changed? Glad you got the updated pack. Have fun!

Pack #2 is now updated for Q9.03 and added to the 'Archive/Update' page.

A version the Axe-Fx II 'No Quarter' preset from the Axe-Fx II Pack #2 has also been added.

My AX8 'Clean to Mean' Pack #1 is now updated for Q9.04.

New for Q9.04.... Reset the 'Preamp CF Hardness' to the new default of '7.50' in all Amp blocks, as well as some other new 'Speaker Page' defaults. Then checked and re-dialed the levels of the scenes.

Free for anyone that has already purchased the pack. Just use the same 'Archive/Update' link. The new zipped file has 'Q9.04' in the name.

Currently, the only AX8 "Factory" presets available that are fully compatible with Q9.04....;)

My AX8 'Clean to Mean' Pack #2 is now updated for Q9.04.

New for Q9.04.... Reset the 'Preamp CF Hardness' to the new default of '7.50' in all Amp blocks, as well as some other new 'Speaker Page' defaults. Then checked and re-dialed the levels of the scenes.

Free for anyone that has already purchased the pack. Just use the same 'Archive/Update' link. The new zipped file has 'Q9.04' in the name.

Currently, the only AX8 "Factory" presets available that are fully compatible with Q9.04....;)

Great stuff! I asked myself why you are using the cab volume as one of the modifiers. Would input trim in the amp block do just the same thing or will the sound e different then? I thought this would be the the way to compensate the drive.

Great stuff! I asked myself why you are using the cab volume as one of the modifiers. Would input trim in the amp block do just the same thing or will the sound e different then? I thought this would be the the way to compensate the drive.
The modifier in the Cab block is for volume compensation. I chose to do it there for a couple of reasons.
  1. Large adjustments to the Scene volumes with the 'Output Mixer' scene sliders can cause noticeable volume jumps in the Delay and Reverb trails.
  2. The 'Scene Controller' controlling the ''Drive/Dirt' in each preset has 100 ms of dampening for a smooth transition. There is also the same 100 ms dampening in the Cab volume modifier to maintain a smooth transition.

My AX8 'Clean to Mean' Packs #1 and #2, and the 'Mild to Wild' Pack #3 have been updated to Q10.01.

As well as the Axe-Fx II and AX8 'Velvet Sun 2' free sample presets.

New for Q10.01... Now available in three different versions. For 'High Output Pickups' (the original version), 'Medium Output Pickups', and 'Low Output Pickups'.

Try a couple of presets from each version to see which one works best for your guitar(s). You can also mix and match them to work with multiple guitars. You could, for example, use all three versions of a particular preset and re-name them for your EMG/Schecter, your PAF/Les Paul, and your Single-Coil/Tele.

Of coarse you may still need to make some adjustments for your exact guitar/pickups (such as turning off the 'Bright' switch for Single-Coil guitars, adjusting 'Bass', Mid', 'Treble', 'Presence' etc...).

Free update for anyone that has already purchased.

Last edited:
This update is a pretty big deal for me. I have four guitars I play regularly, and now that I’ve matched them up with the proper high/medium/low presets, they sound significantly better. There were plenty of guitar/preset combos that just didn’t work without tweaking (that I’m not good at), but are now fantastic “out of the box”.

This update is a pretty big deal for me. I have four guitars I play regularly, and now that I’ve matched them up with the proper high/medium/low presets, they sound significantly better. There were plenty of guitar/preset combos that just didn’t work without tweaking (that I’m not good at), but are now fantastic “out of the box”.
Thank you @paisan ... I'm glad to hear that they're working for you. I may do something similar to this with my individual presets?

Thank you @paisan ... I'm glad to hear that they're working for you. I may do something similar to this with my individual presets?
For me, it is easy enough to use the “right” guitar for artist-specific presets, but I’d be interested in a “medium output” version of the JCM 800, acoustic sim, b3 sim, and the combos like that for sure.

I get emails occasionally about the best way to import all of the (8 preset) Banks, especially when all three packs are purchased at once. So I put together these screenshots using the Browser function of the Axe-Manage Presets tool in AX8-Edit to help out.

A video would be better, but didn't have the time.

Attachments

• Importing multiple AX8 'Clean to Mean' banks.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 8
You can also 'Auto-Audition' individual presets from the browser list by turning on 'Auto-Audition'. Then click on any preset in the list and it will be temporarily loaded into the current preset slot for auditioning. You can then 'drag and drop' any preset into any slot.
Importing individual AX8 'Clean to Mean' presets and Auto-Audition.png

Back
Top Bottom