Moke (or other 3rd party) Steve Vai audio clips request

Hey guys,

Heard a lot of great things about Moke's Vai presets, but haven't actually heard a single clip (I may have been living under a rock). Looking to mess around with some Vai covers (particularly Get the Hell Outta Here) and would really appreciate some clips of your good selves that do have these presets before I go ahead and buy them.

So......

head0.png

Thanks for the tags guys. @unix-guy @rushfan And the interest in the presets @LewisBlakeEsq

I have clips for each Axe-Fx version. In most cases the AX8 version is identical. There are a few that I had to make some compromises in, due to unavailable blocks and/or CPU limits. But did my best to make it close as possible.

In these particular 'Vai' presets, The AX8 versions sounds identical to me. I had to make a new IR for the AX8 that was a merging of the Cab and Tone Match blocks from the Axe-Fx version. All other blocks are exact copies.

Here is a link to the other one.... http://www.custompresets.com/store/p42/'Steve_Vai'_-_'For_the_Love_of_God'_(Axe-Fx_ll).html

Thanks for the tags guys. @unix-guy @rushfan And the interest in the presets @LewisBlakeEsq

I have clips for each Axe-Fx version. In most cases the AX8 version is identical. There are a few that I had to make some compromises in, due to unavailable blocks and/or CPU limits. But did my best to make it close as possible.

In these particular 'Vai' presets, The AX8 versions sounds identical to me. I had to make a new IR for the AX8 that was a merging of the Cab and Tone Match blocks from the Axe-Fx version. All other blocks are exact copies.

Here is a link to the other one.... http://www.custompresets.com/store/p42/'Steve_Vai'_-_'For_the_Love_of_God'_(Axe-Fx_ll).html

Awesome cheers man! I'll be honest, I hadn't checked the Axe FX presets so my bad. They both sound great though!

Just bought the Live Sound pack, @Moke mate, this is fantastic! Even beyond Vai tracks, this is just a great set of tones, thank you!

@Moke has a great ear, and some fantastic modelling and matching skills! Dive into how he made the preset a bit, and you will see some great ideas that will translate to others you may create yourself. I have learned a lot from them, and haven't even gone very deep, yet. His presets are also perfect for those of us with little time to tweak, and would like to get there a little faster. You can always tweak to taste for your own equipment, but I have found there is little or nothing to change.

@Moke has a great ear, and some fantastic modelling and matching skills! Dive into how he made the preset a bit, and you will see some great ideas that will translate to others you may create yourself. I have learned a lot from them, and haven't even gone very deep, yet. His presets are also perfect for those of us with little time to tweak, and would like to get there a little faster. You can always tweak to taste for your own equipment, but I have found there is little or nothing to change.
This is really good advice actually. On the surface it all looks a lot more stripped back than I would have assumed, so keen to see the really nitty gritty bits of how @Moke makes these babies sing!

And Moke, I most certainly will!

This is really good advice actually. On the surface it all looks a lot more stripped back than I would have assumed, so keen to see the really nitty gritty bits of how @Moke makes these babies sing!

And Moke, I most certainly will!
After the autopsy is finished,;)....... let me know what you think

And we're still waiting on those clips........:cool:

Back
Top Bottom