Moke....... Legend!!

Guy works hard and wants to be paid for is efforts. That's totally reasonable. But I think you're also missing that @Moke is also one of the first persons on the forum to answer questions, give tips and often will take someone's preset, use his own time, and tweak it to help them out. He's a superb asset to the forum. You don't want to buy his stuff, okay, that's cool. But why throw shade at a guy that has demonstrated over and over a willingness to help others out?

Moke is the MAN!!! I can say that recently that i was asking for help with a Praise and Worship sound and Moke chimed right in, took my preset, and made exactly what i needed it to be. All the guitar players at church were loving the sound! The guy is great! Nothing but good things to say about Moke here!

Guy works hard and wants to be paid for is efforts. That's totally reasonable. But I think you're also missing that @Moke is also one of the first persons on the forum to answer questions, give tips and often will take someone's preset, use his own time, and tweak it to help them out. He's a superb asset to the forum. You don't want to buy his stuff, okay, that's cool. But why throw shade at a guy that has demonstrated over and over a willingness to help others out?

I've got no issue with people working hard, or with people who try to earn money (I consider myself in those 2 categories). My only point is that this is a part of the forum named "Preset Exchange". And this post is just "spam". And most of the people don't like spam. You like Moke's preset? Great for you and I have no problem with that.

But this part of the forum is actually to "share preset". That's people freely sharing their work to others. No competition with commercial stuff, surely different quality of product, but just gifts between people. Don't waste that with spam.

Ps : I'd love to see a new section of the forum with "commercial products".

Ps2: And I have already bought some commercial product, Fremen presets actually, I've been very happy to do so and I've learnt a lot with it. I also donated to Fracpad when it started. No issue with that.

Last edited:
I've got no issue with people working hard, or with people who try to earn money (I consider myself in those 2 categories). My only point is that this is a part of the forum named "Preset Exchange". And this post is just "spam". And most of the people don't like spam. You like Moke's preset? Great for you and I have no problem with that.

But this part of the forum is actually to "share preset". That's people freely sharing their work to others. No competition with commercial stuff, surely different quality of product, but just gifts between people. Don't waste that with spam.

Ps : I'd love to see a new section of the forum with "commercial products".

Ps2: And I have already bought some commercial product, Fremen presets actually, I've been very happy to do so and I've learnt a lot with it. I also donated to Fracpad when it started. No issue with that.

Cannot agree with the "No competition with commercial stuff, surely different quality of product," part. Mokes presets have been hailed by many and Moke has posted and helped many folks dig in deep and learn, so without experiencing his presets (I am a single coil guy) I have no doubt in my mind they are fabulous.
But shared presets require hard work, time, etc, etc .
As an example try Leons Todd, Camilo Velanda, JohnG, etc, etc, etc. Crazy good presets......Just sayin.................Not trying wanting some big discussion....Just wanted to point that out for all the guys that do share..............

Uh once again, not actually true. Chris (long before he was a moderator) and others were doing that years ago... Not dissing Moke, he's great and an asset to this forum, just sayin, he isn't alone and certainly was not the first. Maybe the others were before you got here possibly...Not sure.

Uh once again, not actually true. Chris (long before he was a moderator) and others were doing that years ago... Not dissing Moke, he's great and an asset to this forum, just sayin, he isn't alone and certainly was not the first. Maybe the others were before you got here possibly...Not sure.
He's not saying he was the first person on the forum to EVER provide help. He's saying that Moke is one who usually jumps in quickly to help. ;)

He's not saying he was the first person on the forum to EVER provide help. He's saying that Moke is one who usually jumps in quickly to help. ;)

Well actually your kind of right, he said ONE of the first. But anyway....So many guys here have worked so hard and been so helpful it's impossible for me to not think of and realize their contributions.........My comments are not about Moke, except for the ones where I name and compliment him of course.

I've got no issue with people working hard, or with people who try to earn money (I consider myself in those 2 categories). My only point is that this is a part of the forum named "Preset Exchange"...........

Curious..... does "Preset Exchange" have a silent "Free" in it?

Perhaps "Preset Exchange" isn't even the right term if were only thinking of it as in "no charge". The word "exchange" implies someone is giving you something in return for you giving them something. Maybe we should consider requiring an "exchange" to access someones preset they uploaded?

Let's ask Mr. Webster what he thinks:

exchange
noun, often attributive

ex·change | \iks-ˈchānj, ˈeks-ˌchānj \
Definition of exchange
(Entry 1 of 2)

1: the act of giving or taking one thing in return for another : TRADEan exchange of prisoners

2a: the act or process of substituting one thing for another

b: reciprocal giving and receiving

3: something offered, given, or received in an exchange

4a: funds payable currently at a distant point either in a foreign currency or in domestic currency

exchange
verb
exchanged; exchanging
Definition of exchange (Entry 2 of 2)

1a: to part with, give, or transfer in consideration of something received as an equivalent

b: to have replaced by other merchandiseexchanged the shirt for one in a larger size

2: to part with for a substituteexchanging future security for immediate pleasure

3: to give and receive reciprocallyexchange gifts

In closing, I see nothing wrong with the OP. In addition, Moke has helped me - free of any "exchange" except for a thank you.

Long live Moke!

When I bought my first Axe FX Ultra back in.... 2010(?), I actually offered a few people money for their presets. No one would sell them to me. They encouraged me to study the factory presets and build my own. It was good advice but honestly, I would gladly have paid for the jump start to the sounds I wanted. Time is money.

Moved to the lounge, where Moke is also a legend.
Well played Sir... well played...:):D

Many could look at the 'Preset Exchange' like a gift exchange. You post your preset, and I'll post mine. Which is definitely how it started out. However, there are currently many commercial posts in the 'Preset Exchange'. But, as this thread is more of a review about me/my services, more than a preset, It does seem to belong in the 'Lounge'. Which is what I believe the OP had a problem with?...... Why was it posted (originally) in "here" (the 'Preset Exchange')?

Last edited:
Moke creates wonderful presets. His attention to detail is well known and he along with several others have created a name for themselves not only with their preset skills but with their overall assisting the community here.

I would also like to add the he is very personable, respectful of others, and just an all around good guy. And he built a badass self contained rolling Fractal based guitar platform!

Well actually your kind of right, he said ONE of the first. But anyway....So many guys here have worked so hard and been so helpful it's impossible for me to not think of and realize their contributions.........My comments are not about Moke, except for the ones where I name and compliment him of course.

I think you are still misunderstanding. He wasn't saying "one of the first" as in timeline of the history of the FAS. I interpret it, and i certainly could be wrong, as meaning he's always one of the first to offer suggestions and help when new threads are posted.

I think you are still misunderstanding. He wasn't saying "one of the first" as in timeline of the history of the FAS. I interpret it, and i certainly could be wrong, as meaning he's always one of the first to offer suggestions and help when new threads are posted.
Exactly!

Ok I understand...But it seems everyone is jumping in like Moke was attacked or something? Guess I misunderstand the definition of the "multiple complimentary" terms and sentences I have used to talk about Moke and not just here either.........Jeeezzzz?

Ok I understand...But it seems everyone is jumping in like Moke was attacked or something? Guess I misunderstand the definition of the "multiple complimentary" terms and sentences I have used to talk about Moke and not just here either.........Jeeezzzz?

Uh once again, not actually true.

We are reacting to the sentence above (at least I was).

Probably just a communication error.

I definitely agree that your post was not coming across as an attack of any sort.

I think we should move on. Everybody loves Moke ;)

I have no clue what you are talking about. I was simply trying to point out that the poster you quoted, in my opinion, wasn't implying he was the first to help out here on the forum which you seemed to have taken as disrespecting those who came before. Nothing more, nothing less. I never implied or felt you disrespected anyone in anyway.

The OP created a thread in appreciation of Moke's work and talents and another poster opposed it's placement in the Preset Exchange. While I personally find that opposition to be a bit over the top and typical of the PC world we live in today it's been moved to the Lounge so everybody should be happy, no?

I apologize if my trying to clear up a misunderstanding has caused any grief or further misunderstandings.

In reply to both you guys.....Ok I get it...........I mean check way back my post #14 in this thread. I understood. I think it kind of went off track. Guess I misunderstood some of it also. No surprise there....:)

Back
Top Bottom