Moke´s Presets

@Moke is a consummate professional, with a great ear for matching tones, effects, etc., for full-featured song/artist presets, or some great general purpose presets, like his Marshall JCM 800 or his Acoustic simulation presets. Just stellar!
Thank you for the kind words, rushfan...:cool:
Over the next couple of weeks, I hope to get all of the presets in my store updated to Q9.02. Counting the Packs, that's over 600 presets to go through...:confused::eek:

Also working on a new Acoustic Sim, Version #3. More 'knock' and 'thickness' on the smaller strings. Maybe a new IR too? Still doing some testing.....

B.T.W...... I added 6 new presets to the store. I'll try to get some demos done over the weekend.

Got some more almost ready too...

ETA on the 9.02 updates to AXE-FX II 'Clean to Mean' pack 1 ?

What if anything would be wonky buying these new and loading into Quantum 9.02 ?

ETA on the 9.02 updates to AXE-FX II 'Clean to Mean' pack 1 ?

What if anything would be wonky buying these new and loading into Quantum 9.02 ?
I'm not really sure what, if anything, will change with these packs? Most (if not all?) didn't use the old parameters that were removed, so the new 'Speaker Comp' parameter will be at '0' on these presets. There may be a couple that used the old parameters, haven't checked yet?

I'm not sure if I should set the new 'Speaker Comp' parameters, or let the end user set it to their personal taste? What are your thoughts?

If I do, I will most likely audition and set the new 'Speaker Comp' parameter per Cliff's suggestion (about 3 dB of compression), unless it sounds better somewhere else?

After reading the Q9.00 notes and seeing Cliff's recommendation... I'd agree that Speaker Comp at '3' is probably the right starting point.

Bottom line is I really like the way you updated the presets with Scenes and I'm going to snap up the C&M #1 pack to see what you did with the Bogner amp presets since the Shiver and Euro Blue are my gotos at the moment.

Have listened/watched him going through tones on YouTube and felt the work was so impressive that I've sought him out to work on some specific tones that I want to use. After picking up his Acoustic Guitar SIM, (makes an electric sound like acoustic) today
https://www.custompresets.com/uploads/8/1/9/6/81965082/s908774473352204050_p24_i5_w500.png
...and nodding my head at how he seems to have captured the soul of an acoustic guitar in that preset, I have no doubt his patch for hire will be good enough for me. Grateful to have him working on it!

I could not get the paypal checkout process to work. I entered all of my information, including CC#, etc twice. Both times, it booted me back to the cart page.

I could not get the paypal checkout process to work. I entered all of my information, including CC#, etc twice. Both times, it booted me back to the cart page.
Sorry for the issues? Not sure what could be causing this? You can try directly sending the payment to me (my email address) via 'PayPal' with a note telling my for which presets it is for, and I will email you the PDF 'Links'.

Don't forget to include the correct 'Build Your Own Pack' discount if you are picking up 4, 8, 12, ? presets.

P. M. me if not sure..........

I had to roll back my Axe-Fx II to 8.02 for a short time. While I was there, I redialed the 9 newest presets (previously only available for 9.02) for 8.02. Those 8.02 versions of the 9 newest presets are now added to the 'Update' pages If anyone still on 8.02 was interested in any of them. The files have the firmware version in the names.

When / if you update to 9.02, You can use your 'Links' to access the new versions. and so on.......

If any AX8 owners still on 8.02 are interested in any of them. Let me know, I can do the same for the AX8.

Last edited:
Hi Moke, bought most of your patches,still on 8.02, have the update links, ..question is generally is there much difference to move upto 9.02 and update all your patches with the 9.02 versions, or are they pretty similar?limited on playing time really , and yes big updates that change things by a good margin are worth doing but not sure on wether its worth the time for minimal updates
thanks

Hi Moke, bought most of your patches,still on 8.02, have the update links, ..question is generally is there much difference to move upto 9.02 and update all your patches with the 9.02 versions, or are they pretty similar?limited on playing time really , and yes big updates that change things by a good margin are worth doing but not sure on wether its worth the time for minimal updates
thanks
Honestly, The real difference seems to be in how the 'Speaker Compression' works. If a preset used the removed/replaced 'Motor Drive' and 'Transformer Grind' parameters, then they will sound different (usually darker), and it's level (usually quieter) will change in the new firmware.

The old 'Motor Drive' setting caries over into the new 'Speaker Comp' parameter.
  • As the old 'Motor Drive' parameter was increased, so was the level of the Amp block, and there was really no change in tone.
  • As the new 'Speaker Comp' parameter in increased, the level in decreased, and the tone looses high end.
  • So the same setting (above '0') will be quieter and darker, the higher the value.
  • Any preset that used the old 'Transformer Grind' parameter will loose some high end.
After the redialing process to recover any loss of volume and high-end. The new differences/improvements in power amp and speaker compression modeling are still there. But the overall tone is relatively the same.

Overall, I think updating is worthwhile. It keeps you on the cutting edge and makes updating less painful in the long run. If you skip a few, it's even more painful when you finally do update.

In the case of my presets. There are often improvements made to the presets that are introduced (sometimes independent of the firmware updates) that are worth updating for.

thanks Moke, all makes perfect sense to update so will get everything updated, bit of downtime over xmas, so good opportunity!!

Well you were right Moke, I updated to 9.03,grabbed your updated presets...stunned by the Mark Day eruption,couldnt stop playing it, awesome preset, and very mutli purpose, has a lot more 'zing' than the original, so not sure where that difference lies, but top top yet again
Your Eruption patch isn't too shabby either, also grabbed the summer of 69 again, and that is also better..still do have to change the cabs on that from ultra high res to normal otherwise just get a lot of crackle, but again more zing..will have to get round to grabbing them all again
thanks very much, awesome job, keeping me excited by playing

this link doesnt work for me :(
the link to custompresets...cant paste in the link cuz i got message of spam

this link doesnt work for me :(
the link to custompresets...cant paste in the link cuz i got message of spam
Sorry, please contact me through my store and I will look up your order(s) and get you taken care of, one way or another.

Back
Top Bottom