Mojo needed

Sorry to hear that man. My mum passed away 8 years ago..only 54!.. she didnt want to worry me by telling me she was unwell! Mums huh :)

OTT - I actually had her in my dream last night which was pretty cool!

take care and write some poetry

that song was from me to you

your welcome

im sure your more than capable of doing this yourself, but sometimes its nice for someone else to do it

Last edited:
Well not really needed anymore I guess, but I received a call today from my sister saying my mom had died in her sleep last night/this morning. She has had serious health issues the last several years, mainly degenerative kidney disease. She was in stage 4 and just had minor surgery on Monday (was back home the same day) to have a tube implanted so she could start at home kidney dialysis. She lives out of state and wanted me, my wife & kids to come visit her this Summer so she could see us all at least one more time before it was too late, but I guess now it is.

Anyway, not sure why I'm even posting this. Was just feeling depressed about the whole thing. But don't worry, I'm sure I'll be back to being my old self and posting smart-ass comments/funny pictures in a few days. :)

Thanks guys.

I lost my parents and my brother long ago, but love (and, alas, sorrow) never die. I am very sorry for your loss. My best wishes to your family. Be gentle with yourself, and allow yourself the time and grace to feel what needs to be felt.

Peace.

So sorry to hear that, Shredi. My heartfelt condolences to you and your family. I just had my mom in town over last weekend. She just turned 70 in August and I worry about how many more of her visits I'll get to enjoy. I feel for you, man.

Hey Shredi....very sorry to hear. I lost my mom (adoptive mom since I was 1) about 5 years ago now. Not a day goes by that I dont see some reference to her. Whether its me just interpreting things or her spirit trying to guide me, I dont know. But I do know that she has never really 'left'.

I went to work the day after she passed away, just numb...it just didnt register with me at hte time, I was 28ish. the next day at work, I wrote a song that I recorded on my first/only album. It was recorded before I had my axe fx, with a Boss GT10...not the greatest tones, but I think I did alrigt...anyway...I hope my song can help you appreciate what she meant to you and everyone else who knew her. I miss my mom everyday, and really wish now that I'm a bit older had her guidance to help me when I struggle with life. ....So...anyway....my thoughts/prayers/sympathies...and if you need to chat/vent/whatever...I'm here...maybe not much...but I dont have much family since she passed away so....take it for what its worth.

SoundClick artist: 8th Day Dawning (US) - page with MP3 music downloads

So sorry to hear, shredi. You have my sympathy and empathy. I lost my grandfather in June. We were very close. I currently live in Seattle and he lived in a small town outside of Chicago. He passed away a week before my scheduled flight to go see him and my grandmother for my grandmother's birthday. I hadn't managed to fly out there to see him in two years.

I am not sure why sharing experiences and knowing we aren't the only one suffering helps, but it seems to. Again, my condolences. If you ever happen to just need to vent your frustration, feel free to use my PM box.

Brett

Best wishes to you, and all of your family. There is no replacing someone that close, as many of us have experienced. Just know that there is life beyond today and you have the love and support of others to help get you through. The good things remain.

Wow, not exactly the thread about "holy grail sound" I expected. ;)
I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. Wish you to regain ballance soon and eventually grow from this...

Back
Top Bottom