.mogg tracks that sound phasey

Narzugon

Power User
I've been studying isolated tracks extracted from .mogg files. Some of these isolated tracks sound phasey (for lack of a better description) but not all. It may only be one track while the rest of the tracks in that file sound fine. Anyone know why this happens or how it can be corrected?

I'm using Audacity to extract the tracks and then export them to .wav files. The phasey tracks sound bad even in Audacity. So it's not the exporting process causing the issue. Any ideas?

\m/

A specific example might be useful. Is it possible you had a track pair centered when they should have been panned L/R? Similar mistakes could have occurred when creating the multitrack file from master tracks.

I'm thinking it has something to do with the creation of the .mogg file. After reading your reply I went back and compared two different .mogg files/sessions of the same band. In one the guitar track was a dual track that where one half was the dry guitar and the second half was the wet guitar which normally you'd pan opposite of each other (think VH). In this particular case, I could separate the two into two mono tracks and the dry guitar sounded great no matter how it was or wasn't panned.

The other .mogg of the same band but different song had the guitar separate from the wet track and it's phasey even if panned opposite of the wet track. I think you're right in that the problem lies in the creation of this track. Thanks for replying.

Back
Top Bottom