Wish Modifiers for Reverb Mod settings

Thenewexhibit

Experienced
I do a lot of Pad stuff with the Strymon Big Sky where you use the sustain feature like a piano sustain pedal and fade in notes to chords. Lots of fun! The thing I noticed is that it stays clean with the Strymon and doesn't get wavery or spooky sounding, but it does with the Axe Fx unless you turn the Mod parameter off, which kinda of loses some vibe of the verbs. I would love it if there were modifiers attached to the "Mod" settings of the reverbs so that you can have the modifier turn the Mod down when using the stack feature.

We can't have the Strymon sounding better than the Fractal, so fingers crossed 😉
hahaha I have to admite though, on my analog board, I really love the Strymon stuff. I think the Fractal is on par, but requires more tweaking to get closer to the strymon stuff in terms of an anolog sound if that makes sense. The fractal stuff sounds very hi fi sounding to me. It probably takes more eq on the reverbs and delays, but overall I'm really happy with the sounds. I just need that functionality of the pad style stuff I do with the strymon stuff.

hahaha I have to admite though, on my analog board, I really love the Strymon stuff. I think the Fractal is on par, but requires more tweaking to get closer to the strymon stuff in terms of an anolog sound if that makes sense. The fractal stuff sounds very hi fi sounding to me. It probably takes more eq on the reverbs and delays, but overall I'm really happy with the sounds. I just need that functionality of the pad style stuff I do with the strymon stuff.

By "hi-fi" do you mean bright/clear? Tweaking EQ's is pretty quick in axe edit. It's pretty easy to set up a FAS reverb as a pad to my new-at-it ear.

By "hi-fi" do you mean bright/clear? Tweaking EQ's is pretty quick in axe edit. It's pretty easy to set up a FAS reverb as a pad to my new-at-it ear.
You know what’s funny too is it literally didn’t hit me until an hour ago that I didn't tweak the eqs at all on the time based effects hahah I really mean it when I say I haven’t slept much in the last few days and have been on the go for a couple of months. I always tweak this stuff on strymon, and I think I didn’t even think about it because the knobs are in front of my face on the strymon so it’s second nature. Thing is the effects on the axe fx sound ridiculously good and I never think to tweak it. I only notice when I’m in the context in a live invironment on ears and notice my time based effects are brighter than I normally use. Not bad by any means at all of course, just different. I apprrciate everyone’s patience on this forum hahah

Reviving this thread a bit to ask about assigning a modifier to the Mod section in the reverb. Is that feasible? I notice there isn’t a little yellow dot on the knob and I couldn’t seem to modify. Perhaps I missed something, as I was under the impression that it was implemented in Axe Edit 1.06.01? I am currently on the latest Beta 16 Cygnus (#4 I think?) with an axe edit updated to what they suggested.

Last edited:
Reviving this thread a bit to ask about assigning a modifier to the Mod section in the reverb. Is that feasible? I notice there isn’t a little yellow dot on the knob and I couldn’t seem to modify.
Nope. No yellow dot = no modifier.

Perhaps I missed something, as I was under the impression that it was implemented in Axe Edit 1.06.01?
It wasn't. 1.06.01 only had one change:

* Corrected a bug in the Setup / Global Scales page. Exiting and re-entering the page now displays the selected CUSTOM SCALE # and its associated SHIFT intervals.

Back
Top Bottom