Modifiers for Early and Tail Reverb Levels

GM Arts

Fractal Fanatic
Now that we're all educated and skilfully using early and late reverbs (aren't we? :D) , I wonder if there's any chance to have modifiers on the (tail) reverb level and early level?

I'm currently messing with sysex messages to modify the tail level to switch between ambient and surf reverb effects, sync'd with CC messages to vary the reverb time - it works but it's very convoluted. :(

If anyone wants to know, the sysex to set tail reverb level is:
F0 00 00 7D 01 02 0E 06 08 00 0x 0y 01 F7
where x and y are hex digits 0 to F. Level can be set from -40dB to +10dB with values 00 00 to 0F 0F (default is 0C 0B). y is the most significant nibble, so the decimal value (0 to 255) = 16y + x.

GM Arts said:
I'm currently messing with sysex messages to modify the tail level to switch between ambient and surf reverb effects, sync'd with CC messages to vary the reverb time - it works but it's very convoluted. :(

I solved the same problem with 2 reverb block, one for room one for surf.

Smilzo said:
GM Arts said:

I solved the same problem with 2 reverb block, one for room one for surf.
Works if you have enough free resources ;)

GM Arts said:

:twisted: I crossed my fingers... :lol: it frees somewhat my patches! :mrgreen:

A useful, but difficult to implement, feature for us will be a "twin" block. A parameter for each block that recall two different setting.
Used in an amp, it could serve as rythm/lead, or Clean/crunch.
Reverb. Two reverb on a single CC.
Delay. Setting one as subtle ambient delay, the other as rythm "edge-sque".
And so on.

Smilzo said:
GM Arts said:

:twisted: I crossed my fingers... :lol: it frees somewhat my patches! :mrgreen:

A useful, but difficult to implement, feature for us will be a "twin" block. A parameter for each block that recall two different setting.
Used in an amp, it could serve as rythm/lead, or Clean/crunch.
Reverb. Two reverb on a single CC.
Delay. Setting one as subtle ambient delay, the other as rythm "edge-sque".
And so on.
Yes, I like that idea too - it mutiplies the flexibility of patches exponentially! Would probably need ashort switching time (like changing patches).

Back
Top Bottom