Modifiers for Blocks on AX8

Ken Beck

Hello,

I am new as you can tell, and I am trying to modify the tremolo speed via an expression pedal. I have set what I believe are the correct parameters, but unless the expression pedal is plugged in, the tremelo stays engaged. I do not need to use this modifier very often, but wanted to set it up as a standby, so if a set required, I could plug in the expression pedal and go. Is there a way to set the modifier up so it is disengaged until you plug the expression pedal in?

I am also experiencing the same problem with the wah. The original present for Clean USA has it setup the way I would like, as discussed above, and does not engage unless the expression pedal is plugged in. When when I built my own scene with the wah, I cannot get the wah to disengage unless the pedal is plugged in and toe up. If the expression pedal is not plugged in, the wah is engaged at some level.

Maybe I need to read more in the book or forum, but know there are kind folks on this forum that know this unit inside and out that can quickly direct me in the right direction.

Thank you,

Ken

Thank you faulty_equipment, that helped get the wah working correctly. Weird, but the original patch with the factory wah setting has the PCreset turned off and it works properly. Not sure why the difference.

I am still having issues with the tremolo, and the PCreset does not seem to help nor I am able switch to bypassing in the draw down menu with the modifier engaged and set. The tremolo wants to stay on. I will dig a little deeper and see if there is an initial setting issue, but if someone has the quick fix, please pass it along.

Is there a way to set the modifier up so it is disengaged until you plug the expression pedal in?

On the Axe Fx there is a setting called External Controller Initial Value that can be set to 0% or 100% for exactly this purpose.

Not sure if the AX-8 has this or not?

Great idea, but unfortunately as the manual says, the external controller initial value function does not work for the PEDAL jacks. I am using PEDAL jack 3 and expression pedal to control the tremolo speed. So I still not sure how to get this to work, but maybe that is one of the limitations of the AX8? If so, I will set up a grid with the tremolo speed controlled by a PEDAL jack and make sure the extra expression pedal is plugged in when I need this modifier.

Ok I figured this out and it is quite simple and logical. When you save the file with the modifier, you must use the pedal to set the minimum to zero (0) before saving, and then when you restart the AX8 without the pedal plugged in, it recognizes the start up value as zero (0) (or whatever value you want to use).

All is well that ends well! Thanks for the help and hope this may assist others!

Back
Top Bottom