Modifiers "Exponential" and "Linear"

Also, just to add more possibilies to the mix!, we have different taper options on some key controls like volume block volume, wah block control ... which provide different taper curves that can be applied in addition to whatever is happening in modifier damping, and on modifier curve shape - so lots of variation that cnb be applied one on top of the other to get the feel your looking for - no right or wrong way.

Preferred settings are also likely influenced by what style / type of expression pedal one is using.

Last edited:
When choices like this have no discernible difference to my ear, I leave it set to the default and move on. Sure, understanding and learning is worth it, definitely. But I also don’t let these questions take up my time (not saying you are).

Usually what happens is one day I try again and suddenly hear the difference.
I totally feel ya and appreciate the response! I feel like that's what happened actually; I fiddled with it and went "whoa, am I really hearing and feeling a difference??" and had to ask hahah

IMHO just leave the dampening as stock when using an expression pedal. For the linear/exponential parameter to be noticeable, you need way longer attack/release times than you would ever use with an expression pedal. The 10 ms attack/release is just there as a stock setting to prevent zipper noise, which might not even be an issue for you.

Long attack/release is more useful for special cases (like the one button whammy I described), or creative effects and modes of operation.

Back
Top Bottom