Modifiers dos not work on separate channels

kavevester

Inspired
I have 2 amp blocks in two scenes on 2 channels.

1 on scene 1 (channel A) and one on scene 2 (channel B)

I set modifiers on scene 1(channel A) - master vol/trim/overdrv. to ext. pedal 1. On the modifier page I set the channel to A. (so modifiers only active when channel A is selected/scene 1 in this case - right?)

What I do on channel A still reflects on channel B meaning the modifiers also now is on scene 2.

???????

Show us pictures of Edit or upload the preset please.

Are you sure you set all of those different modifiers to Channel A?

I cannot get this to work. For the sake of the test I made scene 1/2/3/4 = channel A/B/C/D. Adding
the modifier to Drive (Amp block) and setting in the modifier window scene 1(channel 1) to channel A and do so for the rest 2/3/4 - B/C/D.
Scene 4 (channel D) is another Amp by the way but shouldn't matter. The result is that scene 1's modifier now is on channel D.

It's just one big mess. It switches around and I can see a little system but haven't cracked the reason..

Attachments

• Petrucci Rig (Gibson).syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
It's not possible to have two different modifier settings on different channels like that. It's one channel or all 4 channels.

If you set the modifiers to channel A only, you can edit the parameters normally to have any (fixed) value on channels B, C & D.

Ok I just realized something. When playing on channel A
It's not possible to have two different modifier settings on different channels like that. It's one channel or all 4 channels.

If you set the modifiers to channel A only, you can edit the parameters normally to have any (fixed) value on channels B, C & D.
Ok that makes sense but not operational sense. I would of cause like to have one modifier window for channel A and another maybe for channel B.

Is there a reason for it and can it be changed or is it just the way it is ? As of now I cannot see what to use it for then. If I set it to channel A it still is active on all the other channels. Try it out cause it seems faulty..

Last edited:
Is there a reason for it and can it be changed or is it just the way it is ? As of now I cannot see what to use it for then. If I set it to channel A it still is active on all the other channels. Try it out cause it seems faulty..
That's how it works. A Modifier can apply to ALL channels or a SINGLE channel.

Previously it was always all channels, so current behavior is more flexible than that.

It has been wished many times to allow separation for each channel but that's never been implemented.

A modifier can be set to
All channels
Only A
Only B
Only C
Only D

you don’t have modifiers per channel.

Back
Top Bottom