Modifiers assign issues using mastermind GT22

GIBSONGUY

Hey gang trying to figure out how to attach a modifier to preamp drive switch ,when it ask the source unable to find source on GT22, OR I DONT know what to attatch it to.IM Wanting to attach it to a instant acces (IA) BUT caint find anything.Hope this makes sense............killin me.This patch has no scenes.I just did A recent update yesterday ,now I see on my GT22 on my Instant access labels channels A,B,C ECT. For example a chorus will a “A” UNDER IT.IM guessing update did that?THOUGHTS,IM ABOUT TO LOOSE IT,Thanks

Last edited:
With GT Mastermind (I use a GT16) I tend to use External 1 to attach modifiers to anything. Like a Wah for example. However, for this to work you have to define the CC number for External 1 on the Axe and on the Mastermind itself. They have to match basically. I use CC 11 for this. Hope that helps.

Hey gang trying to figure out how to attach a modifier to preamp drive switch ,when it ask the source unable to find source on GT22, OR I DONT know what to attatch it to.IM Wanting to attach it to a instant acces (IA) BUT caint find anything.Hope this makes sense............killin me.This patch has no scenes.I just did A recent update yesterday ,now I see on my GT22 on my Instant access labels channels A,B,C ECT. For example a chorus will a “A” UNDER IT.IM guessing update did that?THOUGHTS,IM ABOUT TO LOOSE IT,Thanks
It’s a multi step process
1. Pick an external control number, say external 13. Attach it as a modifier to the preamp drive control
2. Go to axe fx and set external 13 to CC13
3. Go to the RJM editor, create an IA switch with CC13.

I really do appreciate you guys helping me with this I will try it when I get home thanks so much for the reply I’ll let you know how it goes

With GT Mastermind (I use a GT16) I tend to use External 1 to attach modifiers to anything. Like a Wah for example. However, for this to work you have to define the CC number for External 1 on the Axe and on the Mastermind itself. They have to match basically. I use CC 11 for this. Hope that helps.
Thanks very much guys I got it working, wondering is there a list for the cc numbers for perimeters in a block? I have never tried to assign a perimeter on a instant access Switch, Or is it just a matter of CC numbers matching IA location ?

Thanks very much guys I got it working, wondering is there a list for the cc numbers for perimeters in a block? I have never tried to assign a perimeter on a instant access Switch, Or is it just a matter of CC numbers matching IA location ?
There are default CC numbers assigned in the axe fx. But the mastermind GT doesn’t use CC, I believe it directly uses a FAS format , sysex, to control the most obvious and used features.
For specific items like control switches or custom modifiers on various knobs, you’ll have to assign an external controller / CC number and map it on the mastermind.

Back
Top Bottom