Modifier value vs. Mix value

Alarto

Inspired
Hi, I'm not sure if whether this is a bug or do I have any settings wrong... Anyways, I connected Extern 3 to Delay block => Mix parameter. "Edit Modifier" shows min/max values but it does not match with Mix value neither in Axe-Edit nor AFX screen and the value does not change. The virtual knob moves in both when moving a pedal. That is not a Global Mix parameter, right? I have checked I/O settings according to release notes. Hmmm... just tried the same thing with Amp Block => Level parameter and it has the same behavior. If this is supposed to be this way and value can't follow pedal movements, I would like to suggest that Edit Modifier min or max value would be shown in Mix, Level etc. parameter instead of something that was there before editing. Thanks!

the min/max values are the minimum and maximum values the modified parameter will reach at the extreme ends of the pedal movement.

if you set min = 10 and max = 30, then when you have toe up, the parameter will be 10 and when you have toe down, the parameter will be 30. what you're doing with those two numbers is setting the range of the parameter over the travel of the pedal

Simeon, thanks for the answer. I should have given an example... "Edit Modifier" shows Min = 3.7 %, Max = 14.4 %. The effect follows the pedal movement correctly and it sounds right. However, MIXER => Mix still shows 28.7 % that I just edited and won't change???

no, when the modifier is linked to the parameter, you won't see the parameter change as the modifier changes. it's always been like this

Ok, thanks! I can live with this, no prob :) I just make a wish that the parameter would show the modifier min value if the parameter can't show modifier's value changes.

The parameter value CAN'T change, because it has a role. Refer to PC RESET for details on why...

Would something like this be possible? Show modifier-set value normally, then show the savable value for 1-2 seconds when adjusting parameter via front panel (or Axe-Edit knob... didn't notice this was in AE forum).

Last edited:
The parameter value CAN'T change, because it has a role. Refer to PC RESET for details on why...
This!

In old Axe-Edit with Axe FX Ultra the parameter value followed the modifier and it was a nuisance always having to go to the front panel to set the initial value.

Back
Top Bottom