Modifier of Sat Switch to access all 3 positions of the rocker

rodzimguitar68

Fractal Fanatic
I haven't needed to access all 3 positions of the SAT switch until today.

I need OFF, ON, and ON(Ideal)

I tried sending all manner of "medium" midi values, but can't get "ON" to come up.

I rotated the Low and High range, and it looked like ON, could be any value above 35, but again, nothing is working.

Is it possible?
Off - value 0
On - value ???
On(ideal) - value 127

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I can bounce this amp to another channel, to get to the same amp with "ON" for Saturation, but this is still bothering me.

Thanks

did anyone get this to work? I've been trying to get same results on a AX8 i.e. scene 1 - off scene 2 = Auth and Scene 3 = Ideal, each seen would have a bit more saturation than the next but for some reason the modifier works like scene 1 off the scene 2 off and scene 3 on Ideal then when I'm on Scene 3 and go back to scene 2 then its on Ideal not auth I've been playing around with parameters so suspect that its a function that's possible (at least on AX8) not a big deal but wondering if its by design.

A midi CC "switch" is on or off... There's no 3-way option unless Fractal did something special specifically for that switch (like Scenes and Channels).

@DaveO - I think you might be confusing what the difference between ON vs Ideal is.

As far as I know, the amount of saturation would be the same. Ideal just prevents the volume drop associated with that function in a "real" circuit.

Yes your absolutely right, I realised this after making the post since the saturation switch controls only one variable "saturation" duh...
Cheers,

A midi CC "switch" is on or off... There's no 3-way option unless Fractal did something special specifically for that switch (like Scenes and Channels).

@DaveO - I think you might be confusing what the difference between ON vs Ideal is.

As far as I know, the amount of saturation would be the same. Ideal just prevents the volume drop associated with that function in a "real" circuit.
MIDi CCs are general-purpose controllers. They have a range of possible values from 0 through 127. Any on/off response to a CC value is determined by the behavior of the parameter that’s responding to the value.

It would be possible to change the behavior of the Sat parameter to respond to three different ranges of CC value. The tricky part would be getting one footswitch to send all three values. Maybe to cycle through them.

I’m still not seeing the reason one would like to switch between a volume balanced vs non-balanced option of the same mod. I can see between off and one of them, but not needing both on options.

Back
Top Bottom