Modifier issue

Taco

Hi Guys, sorry to bug you, but I'm having an issue trying to save the on/off state of the Input Boost, Bass Cut, Fat, Bright and Sat switches of the amp block when using external switches to activate them.
When no modifier is configured for these switches, I can save their states (on or off) per channel, but as soon as I connect and configure my external footswitches to do so, no way to save the on/off states anymore . . . The switches come always off when reloading my preset.
My goal is to store the on/off state of these switches per channel, and have my footswitches to change the state if desired . . . For example when I load my preset, the channel A of the amp block should always come with the Input Boost on, the channel B, always with the Fat switch on, channel C, always with the Sat switch on, an channel D, with all 3 on. And while playing I should be able to toggle these switches with my external footswitches, but without having done any save operations on my preset after having toggled things/on and off multiple times, each time I load my preset, I wish to get it back with my initially saved settings . . . I'm unable to achieve this ... Am I doing something wrong or is it simply not possible ?
Thanks for your input and happy New Year to all of you,
Taco

The modifier controll the state. Seems like when loading it read the footswitch as off!
What kind of footsw? Momentary? And do you set it up?

Modifier assignment will always override any previous setting of a parameter. Also, modifier assignments are block wide, but you do have some limited channel level control of them. You can make a modifier active for any single channel or for all of them, but you cannot specify different settings or behaviors per channel at this point.

If you use scenes to change the amp channels, you can use a control switch and specify its state for each scene in the CS per Scene menu. This can be overridden at any time using a switch assigned to that control switch. That's probably your best bet for what you want.

@Smilzo ... I tried different switches ... Momentary and other (latching ?) ... and I hopefully configured them correctly (as they do exactly what I want them to do) ... See attached pictures ...

@mr_fender ,,, I'm not sure I understand what you are saying ... Taking only the Amp Block, I am using a combination of 4 scenes and 4 channels ... Scene1 uses Channel A with it's settings, Scene 2 uses Channel B with it's settings, Scene 3 Channel C and Scene 4 Channel D.

As mentionned, without configuring the footswitches it all works perfectly (no modifiers assigned to the different Amp switches), but when using the same preset with its 4 scenes/4 channels, and I assign my external footswitches as on the second picture (BTW, I tried both directly the external footswitch and via External Controller, and both work but even if I save my preset with the Input Boost on, when I reload the preset the Input Boost is off ...

Your suggestion is to use the Stand in switches, for my external pedals, right ? That means assigning my external switches (pedal 1-tip, pedal 1-ring, pedal 2-tip, pedal 2-ring), to a CS performing the different required function (Amp Input Boost, Amp Fat etc.) . . .

I will try if I can work this out . . . But if you'd have clear descriptions (which page etc.) I'd apprecicate.

Anyhow thanks to both of you for your input ... I'll keep you posted

Attachments

• 20201231_183320.jpg
    20201231_183320.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 8
  • 20201231_183659.jpg
    20201231_183659.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 7
Control Switches are sort of like virtual switches that you can use to turn things on and off. You can specify their on/off state in the CS per Scene part of the Controllers menu and you can change their state using a footswitch in one of your FC layouts.

You'd assign a modifier to the amp function you want (boost, fat, etc.) and set it's source to one of the Control Switch numbers there in the source list.

Then go to the CS per Scene screen and set the on or off state for that Control Switch for each scene. This is how it will load when that scene is selected. The options are on, off, or last. Last will make it keep it's last setting when changing scenes.

You can then add a switch to one of your FC layouts to also control that same Control Switch number. That will let you manually change the Control Switch's state as well. You can use either a physical switch on the FM3, FC controller, or an external stand in switch for that.

Last edited:
Control Switches are sort of like virtual switches that you can use to turn things on and off. You can specify their on/off state in the CS per Scene part of the Controllers menu and you can change their state using a footswitch in one of your FC layouts.

You'd assign a modifier to the amp function you want (boost, fat, etc.) and set it's source to one of the C ...ontrol Switch numbers there in the source list.

Then go to the CS per Scene screen and set the on or off state for that Control Switch for each scene. This is how it will load when that scene is selected. The options are on, off, or last. Last will make it keep it's last setting when changing scenes.

You can then add a switch to one of your FC layouts to also control that same Control Switch number. That will let you manually change the Control Switch's state as well. You can use either a physical switch on the FM3, FC controller, or an external stand in switch for that.

Thank you so much @mr_fender ... with your explanations I managed to achieve exactly what I wanted ... And finally it makes sense 👍 🙏

Back
Top Bottom