Implemented Modifier control of individual frequencies in GEQ

meet the Filter block
Thanks for that. I dont have access to my Axe for a few days.
With the filter block, can you for example: Boost only 125hz and 8khz simultaneously whilst reducing only 1khz with the sweep of an expression pedal?

With the filter block, can you for example: Boost only 125hz and 8khz simultaneously whilst reducing only 1khz with the sweep of an expression pedal?
The Filter block is a single filter. It can be high-pass, low-pass, bandpass, notch, and more. You have modifier control over frequency, gain and Q. And there are a bunch of Filter blocks aavailable in each preset.

One possible workaround would be to.... Use to GEQ blocks in parallel, one with your 'starting' settings, and the other with your 'ending' settings, then cross-fade between the 2 paths using a 'Mixer' block, a 'Multiplexer?' block, or using the 'Level' parameters of the 2 GEQ blocks, one going up while the other's going down, with the required parameters attached to the external controller used by your expression pedal. I don't have an Axe Fx 3 yet, but something like this should definitely be possible.

Last edited:
One possible workaround would be to.... Use to GEQ blocks in parallel, one with your 'starting' settings, and the other with your 'ending' settings, then cross-fade between the 2 paths using a 'Mixer' block, a 'Multiplexer?' block, or using the 'Level' parameters of the 2 GEQ blocks, one going up while the others going down, with the required parameters attached to the external controller used by your expression pedal. I don't have an Axe Fx 3 yet, but something like this should definitely be possible.
Good idea, except that you can't crossfade with the Mutiplexer block. It's a switch only.

Dweezil used to use a PEQ pedal on stage to sweep the EQ while playing.... it would be cool to have the option!

Rex, good point. If there is a modifier for Freq. (and Q?) and Level can tie curves together already in Filter block that would do it!
You can tie modifiers to Frequency, Q and Gain. And Level and Balance.

Back
Top Bottom