Modifier beginning

Hi,
is it possible to to trigger an ADSR / LFO / Envelope filter so that it starts only on a specific scene change or when the effect to which is attached is engaged?

I'm asking because I attached an ADSR modifier to a Filter block and it works fine if there's silence before hitting the strings.
The problem is that I'm already playing before engaging the Filter block, so the ADSR modifier is already tracking during the song and, when I engage the Filter block, it doesn't start from the beginning until I stop hitting the strings giving it the time to come back to the starting point.

Is there a way to trigger the modifier so that it starts from the beginning when the attached effect is engaged?
Thanks a lot

A modifier can be assigned to ADSR threshold using FracPad. This would allow keeping threshold at maximum (unreachable) then lowering it when engaging the block. Lowering to -80 dB basically creates a switch-activated ADSR unless the guitar is completely silent at that moment.

Depending on the part you might prefer this method where new notes can trigger the ADSR most of the time, without any need to pause for level to fall below a fixed threshold.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/various-presets-tricks.135770/#post-1607737

Controllers block of linked preset can be copy/pasted in Axe-Edit, adding the modifier to a new preset without needing to run FracPad.

A modifier can be assigned to ADSR threshold using FracPad. This would allow keeping threshold at maximum (unreachable) then lowering it when engaging the block. Lowering to -80 dB basically creates a switch-activated ADSR unless the guitar is completely silent at that moment.

Depending on the part you might prefer this method where new notes can trigger the ADSR most of the time, without any need to pause for level to fall below a fixed threshold.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/various-presets-tricks.135770/#post-1607737

Controllers block of linked preset can be copy/pasted in Axe-Edit, adding the modifier to a new preset without needing to run FracPad.
Thanks a lot!
Does it work for AX8 too? I downloaded those ADSR presets but I can't see the modifier attached to the ADSR threshold

I think it will work on AX8. The modifier should be visible on modifiers page of controllers menu. There won't be a modifier symbol on the actual parameter for this type of modifier.

I think it will work on AX8. The modifier should be visible on modifiers page of controllers menu. There won't be a modifier symbol on the actual parameter for this type of modifier.
Thank u so much!!!
I attached a Scene controller to the ADSR threshold and it works like a charm now!!!!
I got my AX8 a few weeks back and I didn't know that FracPad was able to attach modifiers to pretty much every parameter...unbelievable, this opens up even more possibilities!!!

Thanks a lot!!!

Back
Top Bottom