Wish modifer: more envelope follower please

How do you know? We have no knowledge on how it's implemented.

You've made a wish. Fractal monitors wishes...

Continuing to "bump" your wish might get you negative results. Something to think about ;)
I don´t bump, I have a necessity as a customer - with a due respect, Sir.

As I´m part-time programmer myself - the Code for that CV to Pitch conversion already exists, right? After all, Fractal Audio already developed the Envelope-Follower. I would conclude, to open up for a second, third and fourth one for the rest of the units Input´s can´t be a big issue.
But we have no idea if there's more involved than just code. There could easily be hardware limitations... So we can't conclude it's not a "big issue".
But you are bumping... You're asking again for what you've already asked for.

Update.
Trey Gunn (member of King Crimson), and a great Stick-Player by itself
brought me to look up on a unit he uses himself now:
It´s the MOD DWARF ...and I´m quite shocked what you get there for a quarter to a fifth of a Axe.FX3-Turbo´s price tag -
though, I wouldn´t dare to compare it from the HQ-Audio Solution´s perpective...
The MOD is a fully open and modular unit claiming that!, which is basically everthing the Axe does??
Trey´s gonna now - as he ran into the same limitations once... hm.

On a further investigation I ran into the Zoia from Empress too (scroll down and look up for "Ever Growing List of Modules" -
this is just nuts.

There´s even a third competitor, the Beepo.

I will close with linking you with a one-on one-on one-comparision

best
I don't think any of these are a competitor from the Amp modeling perspective.

But they do have some cool capabilities in the effects arena.

I had a Zoia... I sold it. It's a great idea but everything must be done on the hardware by button pushes and knob turning (and pressing). It really needs.

Leon Todd has promoted the Poly / Beebo for some time. I think the Dwarf, too.

Hello, maybe I already answered to you on mod devices forum (are you kopplog?).
Please you must consider your whole segnal chain and not only the envelope filters: I have dwarf too and is my "spare" for small gigs but in terms of sound quality and CPU trust me, is not like any of Fractal machine.
On pics they sent of dwarf editor you can see only envelope filters and 2 ir readers and CPU is above 40%.... at 75/80 you will hear glitches.
If you want to know if dwarf can help you send me a pic (or a preset) of your actual rig on Axefx3 and I will try to riproduce it on Dwarf, but trust me: it will be very difficult

Hello, maybe I already answered to you on mod devices forum (are you kopplog?).
Please you must consider your whole segnal chain and not only the envelope filters: I have dwarf too and is my "spare" for small gigs but in terms of sound quality and CPU trust me, is not like any of Fractal machine.
On pics they sent of dwarf editor you can see only envelope filters and 2 ir readers and CPU is above 40%.... at 75/80 you will hear glitches.
If you want to know if dwarf can help you send me a pic (or a preset) of your actual rig on Axefx3 and I will try to riproduce it on Dwarf, but trust me: it will be very difficult
Hi Guys,
testing a MOD Dwarf since 3 weeks now - using 2 EnvelopeFollowers same time, one on both of the signal is easy as pie.
Very useful to me, as I play ChapmanStick10 - having both on my hands tapping same time, I now can play with filters opening up via playing pressure.

Shame, Fractal doesn't have the same capability. But I meanwhile do understand, it is just meant to use with one input (Guitar, obviously). The MOD does quite a good job, although it's not spot-on simulation, but good enough for me. Dev-Updates - at least regarding my needs - are "not fine" with both brands, but MOD doesn't lack behind regarding bugs compared... so I'll rather dig that.

I guess I will sell my AxeFx3 for this reason. Just PM me, if
you're interested and in Europe. It's in pristine condition!

Hi Guys,
testing a MOD Dwarf since 3 weeks now - using 2 EnvelopeFollowers same time, one on both of the signal is easy as pie.
Very useful to me, as I play ChapmanStick10 - having both on my hands tapping same time, I now can play with filters opening up via playing pressure.

Shame, Fractal doesn't have the same capability. But I meanwhile do understand, it is just meant to use with one input (Guitar, obviously). The MOD does quite a good job, although it's not spot-on simulation, but good enough for me. Dev-Updates - at least regarding my needs - are "not fine" with both brands, but MOD doesn't lack behind regarding bugs compared... so I'll rather dig that.

I guess I will sell my AxeFx3 for this reason. Just PM me, if
you're interested and in Europe. It's in pristine condition!

@challtag Try Bakerman's excellent workaround using ADSR:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...o-set-up-a-volume-ducker.188811/#post-2345144

thanks @Luca9583,
I will take a look into that. Thank you very much!
Still,
much more elegant and useful would be some instead of EnvelopeFollower available to design.
Your mentioned workaround won't solve the issue, what to do if you want swap your inputs eg. ...
(but, yh, we know the AxeFx3 isn't meant to be used with more than one instrument, mono obviously...🙄😏)

Back
Top Bottom