Modern Metal Tone (need feedback!)

slothy one

Inspired
Hi all,

I wanted to share a clip from the most recent rendition of a song I've been working on for some time.

I've been wavering on whether I like the tone, and I'm at the point where I need some fresh ears to take a listen and give me feedback.

My personal thought is that the guitars have a cool rectified sound to them, but I feel they are thin in the mix. They don't have quite enough balls. I'm not sure of the best way to take care of that, but I have a setup that allows for re-amping, so I'm open to try anything.

For the record, there are two tracks for each L/R, blended.

https://soundcloud.com/darkside-journey/kim-tone-demo-051715

Thanks all!

I think it sounds good. Perfect world....back off the drums and bass a hair and throw a touch mid-range-snarl on it.

Whenever I think of the perfect sound, I think of Testament-Low album or Carcass-Heartwork... so that may qualify or disqualify what I say.

Still, pretty damn good.

Awesome!!! Just the right amount of CHUGGA and distortion for my taste.

Any chance you can post the preset?

Throw some more mids in that tone and maybe tweak with the bias just slightly and I think you'll have a solid metal tone going. Sounds pretty good as is but like you said, it's a little thin in the mix.

For sure. Here's the patch. I blended these two patches for both L and R - with minor tweaks in the dynamics/power/tone pages on the amp block.

I will have to look into tweaking the bias. I don't have any familiarity with that.

I'm going to look into boosting the mids. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has input which frequency to boost specifically, and how to do it. I've played around, but not sure about focusing on low mids or high mids. There's lots of methods to go about it too. You can boost them on the "fat" toggle of the basic amp page, on the "GEQ" page of the amp block, or using the graphic or parametric equalizer. I'll experiment but would really appreciate if anyone has had experience with this.

Attachments

• Guitar L Main 5150 Modern v2.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Guitar L Main Fryette Modern.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 9
I try it, first thing, the "Output Level" of the AMP bloc is too low, up it before the red LED lights, second i just up the "Middle" knob in the bloc amp and it good, for me 8)

Back
Top Bottom