Modern Metal Settings and firmware 5?

rsf1977

Fractal Fanatic
just curious how the guys doing the high gain modern stuff are setting all the new parameters

I have the same problem, clean presets are beautiful, but with hi gain presets as Bogner, CAE JCM800 or left me a little saturated and dirty type fuzz sound and not how to improve

I have had great results with my main Euro Über preset. I tweaked it quite a bit after updating. Make sure you keep the MV pretty low. I noticed that the amp got real muddy and very thick in a real bad way if I turned the MV past 6.5 or so. In this particular preset I want it to be pretty spongy so I am going for a mixture of preamp and power amp distortion. If you want mostly preamp distortion I would say keep the MV lower than 5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i usually run my master on the FAS modern and the Recto Orange between 4-5, how about the dynamics knobs?

5 seems to be a good place for me, but yeah, even I noticed how the distortion character has changed a bit. Ah well, more time to spend! By the time I'll get my head around FW5, I'm sure 6 will be around the corner :p I'm not bitching, just having problems keeping up with the magic black box!!

On my patch, im running a FAS Modern at a drive of 11 o clock bass at 1 mids cranked and treb at 11, master at 7 and level at 0dB (turning the output knob down)
From there Im using 2 cabs blended, a German V30 and a Citrus V30 both with a low cut of 100 and levels at -4.
The drive is really just personal preference, but I also have a PEQ right after the amp block with 700 at -2dB

Last edited:
thanks for the reply. I then try to lower the master volume all the high gain presets and see if they are better.

On my patch, im running a FAS Modern at a drive of 11 o clock bass at 1 mids cranked and treb at 11, master at 7 and level at 0dB (turning the output knob down)
From there Im using 2 cabs blended, a German V30 and a Citrus V30 both with a low cut of 100 and levels at -4.
The drive is really just personal preference, but I also have a PEQ right after the amp block with 700 at -2dB

i used to run my mids really high on the FAS modern I may have to try that out again

The Cameron is insane with the update. I had a killer sound using no boost pedal in the chain and I mean oversaturated, awesome tone!!

I personally love the high gain tones with the update. I think people will just need to adjust a bit and lower certain knobs, etc.

I've gotten good results with pretty much all of the gainers on 5.0. I still come back to the Das Metal and FAS Modern mostly though. I haven't messed with the new parameters much for the high gain stuff. The main ingredients are more or less Gain 4, Master 4, 4x12 Cali cab. Everything else is just helps to hone the tone!

All im using right now is high gain patches... check my clip in the recording section. The ver 5 is so realistic I do not try to tweak by setting to a specific MV value... I try to tweak so that the tone and sound change AS the MV value is increased... like a real amp.

Back
Top Bottom