Wish Modern Day Babylon Tone

So... Got my Axe-FX Ultra a few days ago.
Been lurking around for weeks, but I think this is my first post here, so thank you for such a helpful forum.
If a request isn't the right way to start posting, I'm sorry and please delete it.

On topic...
The tone on these vids from Modern Day Babylon is killing me:

I can't stop looping the playthroughs and I need to achieve something as close to this as possible.
Does anyone have something similar? Are these patches public? I dialed a few patches that sound fairly good, but nothing THIS good.

Thanks.

PS: TheStrayShot, if you're here, congrats on such masterpieces - both the tones and the songs. Keep it up, you're an inspiration.

Mmm I think is Fas Modern for high gain, try Recto 2 Cab, if you want more opinions try to post this in
Ultra/Std Preset Exchange section.

Thanks Azael.
Noob question: is there any way to move the topic or that's limited to the admins? Didn't want to duplicate content.

I've got something similar with:

Drive (T808 Mod) -> Amp (Das Metall) -> Cab (Recto 1/R121 + JM2000/R121) -> Enhancer -> GEQ

Das Metall is a great amp for this kind of stuff if you tweak it right. Also Fas Modern like Azael said, and a few others.

I've got something similar with:

Drive (T808 Mod) -> Amp (Das Metall) -> Cab (Recto 1/R121 + JM2000/R121) -> Enhancer -> GEQ

Das Metall is a great amp for this kind of stuff if you tweak it right. Also Fas Modern like Azael said, and a few others.

Thanks. That's somehow similar to what I'm using, except one of the cabs, the mic and the Enhancer. TBH, never tried the Enhancer. I'll try it out later today.
Do you have any recording/demo using that tone, online?

Thanks. I've contacted Tomas from MDB and he told me they would be releasing their patches sometime later this year. The patch bundle will be paid, afaik.

Still, if you have something similar and you don't mind sharing, it would be nice :)

I got pretty near one of his clean patches and made my own tweaks, but can't share it atm because I don't have a midi > usb interface yet (yeah, all tweaking so far done directly on the axe!).

On the other hand, my distortion patch is not as good as I think it can be.

i have an axe 2 and i put my patches up on axe change idk if you could open them in axe edit and copy the changes to the unit...you would be missing the tone from the ir...and idk if the utra even has the amps i used...:/ sorry man

i have an axe 2 and i put my patches up on axe change idk if you could open them in axe edit and copy the changes to the unit...you would be missing the tone from the ir...and idk if the utra even has the amps i used...:/ sorry man

Thanks anyway man :)

Back
Top Bottom