Modeling version

Tone Control

Inspired
There's been lots of threads on "v10 made my patches suck", and whether to roll back. Same happened for every other FW release since I got my AF2 - each FW upgrade needs a day to realign patches.
Old hands know that this means deferring the upgrade until you can set aside the time to do this, these are often game changing upgrades, not bug fixes. I covered this in another post.

I finally got a bit of time this week to try to update my patches and use V10, and catch up with Yek, Fremen,...
I noticed that some of my patches that had been weakened by v10, and changed the modeling version to v9, 8, etc on the Global settings.
This seemed to resolve the issue to a noticeable extent, but since I have the time, I have pushed ahead to work on v10 patches

Am I right in thinking that if you had v9 patches, upgraded to FW10, then wanted to gig straight away, you could set this parameter to v9 as a temporary measure?
I ask since I haven't seen this suggested in any of the threads complaining about "v10 messed my patches"
I would assume that you could carry on working with your main patches in Bank A, and spending spare time tweaking copies in Bank B (with modeling version set back to v10)

no.. not that easy.. wish it were. still need to futz with mimic and triode hardness.. but some amps just changed, bottom line.

Back
Top Bottom