Wish Modeling the clean channel Amps

Please, it will be so usefull for me to have the clean channel of the carvin legacy,the marshall jvm hjs (or marshall 6100), to recreate the Joe Satriani/ Steve vai sounds in clean channel with drive pedals

in lieu of having the clean channel available it's satisfying to run the gain and input trim off, and play the same power section without distortion. you can then change the tone stack type, and tonestack location around

in lieu of having the clean channel available it's satisfying to run the gain and input trim off, and play the same power section without distortion. you can then change the tone stack type, and tonestack location around
hey so thanks for the idea. I am really trying to get access to as close to the satriani amp clean channel as possible, flawed as the amp may be for some. i admire the modeler's ability to replicate amps with finicky issues. i hope as a consumer my neuroticism can be obliged in wanting the satriani clean channel to complete the amp. what i have tried to do is use Brit JVM OD1 Green, and the JS 410 Crunch models(those are the closest i know of to the clean satriani channel) and really cut the gain and input trim down. I am still not quite happy with it. Can you explain a little about what you mean regarding playing the same power section without distortion, and do you have any recommendations for what tone stack type to change to, or what tonestack location? both of those things are currently far out of my realm of familiarity

Can you explain a little about what you mean regarding playing the same power section without distortion

i'm just a big fan of the tube rectified dual rectifier power section, for clean and distortion, it's comparatively soft/weak as far as high gain power sections usually are, you have to work it like a stand up bass and lead the notes, it's more interactive. the clean channel of that amp isn't available but running gain and input trim nearly off to minimize preamp distortion and changing the tone stack location to pre or mid got near towards how a dual rec clean channel feels, just reduce all the distortion from the preamp, and then you have essentially just the tonestack and the power amp. you can take a high gain beast like a JVM and turn the gain/trim down/off, and change the tonestack location to pre or mid, and change the tonestack type to blackface or AC30 or whatever, then you have basically generic clean gain structure with a pre-gain vanilla clean amp tonestack running through the beast power amp, I like the way those power amp cleans breakup in the way they aren't really supposed to

I'm with you, except I don't know what model is the same clean channel than the jvm js or other amps
THIS .

This answer is redundant . If you don’t know nothing about schematics of different amps…
so if it’s just a copy/paste from another amp, please do it ! And everyone will be happy !

I have the same wishes from the op. Many cleans are missing ! Please 🍓

This is exactly what I do cause I like to do presets by amps … but some cleans sound like shit while doing that . I m 100% with the op on that . If we can have all the cleans of each amps it will make my day.

THIS .

This answer is redundant . If you don’t know nothing about schematics of different amps…
so if it’s just a copy/paste from another amp, please do it ! And everyone will be happy !

I have the same wishes from the op. Many cleans are missing ! Please 🍓
Mesa Mark series are close-ish to Fenders. The bright cap in the IIB was 180pF, the dry bypass resistor was 2.2M instead of 3.3M, and the power supply filtering is stiffer across the board on Mesas than on Fenders. Likely a few small changes other places in the circuit and some changes between IIB and IIC and IIC+as well. Anyone got a IIC+ schematic? Not sure how close you can get without tweaking the model specs, but the bright cap is easy enough to change.

Mesa Mark series are close-ish to Fenders. The bright cap in the IIB was 180pF, the dry bypass resistor was 2.2M instead of 3.3M, and the power supply filtering is stiffer across the board on Mesas than on Fenders. Likely a few small changes other places in the circuit and some changes between IIB and IIC and IIC+as well. Anyone got a IIC+ schematic? Not sure how close you can get without tweaking the model specs, but the bright cap is easy enough to change.
Here is the mark 2c+ Schematic .

B059AF92-FF40-4CCE-9A45-2C8E4DB2ADBC.jpeg

But Joe … I m musician, that’s not my job to try to model an amp with a schematic, I m not asking Cliff to play malmsteen songs on guitar you know 😅. It’s 100 times more easy for him to copy paste things and to write “mark 2c+” clean, even if it’s a fender .
Every amp sound different . Based is not being .

The clean channel from the Mk IiC+ wouldn't be bad, either.... :)
Thinking of it. The JP2c green in the axe “is” the clean of the mark 2c+ if we based ourselves to the “they say”. Only the schematic would really proved it but as I am not able to read it…

Can be interesting to know the real differences (if they are) between JP2c and mark 2c+ schematics .

Still not against to copy paste the green channel of the jp in the axe and to name it mark 2c+ clean. For those who don’t know nothing about boogies .

if it’s just a copy/paste from another amp, please do it ! And everyone will be happy !
This is a really good point; I guess it's all a matter of who the onus falls on: the user to do the research to figure out what tone stacks are identical to the one they want already in the unit or the manufacturer for simply copying/pasting an amp they already have, rename the copy to the desired amp, and then make everyone happy by adding one more amp. Of course, I doubt any are IDENTICAL copies, even if close, and Cliff doesn't seem to be one who would be willing to sacrifice his reputation by doing something like that (otherwise, he would have given us a Klon many years ago lol!). Interesting idea, though.

Back
Top Bottom