Modeler Stress Test

My gut feeling is the 3rd sample ( known as "other product" ) was in fact - the II.
I'd accept an early invitation to buy the III if I was right. :cool:
@FractalAudio ?

Last edited:
Why feel or guess about the 3rd sample .... why not test ourselves? Most of us have an Axe Fx II (any version) and/or an Ax8 and then it is fairly straight forward to compare with the sound clip from @FractalAudio. I dialed up the Factory Preset "Deluxe Verb", set the Bass, Treble and Volume to 10, changed the Cab to F021 (2x12 Double Verb R121)(F080 1x12 Deluxe Verb Mix is another possible Cab for this) and got VERY close to the two first samples in the sound clip. I played the sound clip via USB to the Axe Fx II connected to my "studio monitors" RCF NX12 SMA. I used a guitar with humbucker in the bridge position but my guess is that the sound clips were made with a single coil in bridge position.

My conclusion is that the 3rd clearly is a competitors product.
So while I am patiently waiting for the III to enter Europe (I live in Norway and I'm on the G66 wait list) I am extremely happy with Q9.04 in my Axe Fx II XL and Ax8 !!

I tried it out on the II a couple weeks back. To me it sounded closer to take 3 than the other 2 but I don't know what IR was used. It didn't sound as bad as take 3 though IIRC.

When someone downloaded the clip didn't the title of the clip say it was the helix? Or an I thinking of a different thread?

Edit: I think I am thinking of the aliasing thread. But my guess would be if that is the unit they used for that test, it's probablythe same unit used for this test.

i think the 3rd one is:
  • Geometry
    a curve on a conical or cylindrical surface that would become a straight line if the surface were unrolled into a plane.
  • Biochemistry
    an extended spiral chain of atoms in a protein, nucleic acid, or other polymeric molecule.
  • Architecture
    a spiral ornament.
  • Anatomy
    the rim of the external ear.

i think the 3rd one is:
  • Geometry
    a curve on a conical or cylindrical surface that would become a straight line if the surface were unrolled into a plane.
  • Biochemistry
    an extended spiral chain of atoms in a protein, nucleic acid, or other polymeric molecule.
  • Architecture
    a spiral ornament.
  • Anatomy
    the rim of the external ear.
Wat8.jpg

EDIT: Ok, i get it... but cmon... you certainly overdid this. :D

Back
Top Bottom