Mobile Rack ideas?

acidfrost

Inspired
Hi!

I have a particular situation I'm trying to figure.

Right now, My Axe-FX 2 with a power conditioner and my wireless are in a standard 4U SKB Case.

I use my Axe both in studio and live. In my studio, I have a rack with all my gear and obviously, my SKB case doesn't fit in it.

I'm trying to find a product that I could remove the gear from my SKB Case and insert it in my studio rack and vice-versa, without unscrewing the axe, power conditioner and wireless everytime.
Are there portable rack cases that would offer something like that? Like the inside of the case is removable and I can just put it in my studio rack?

Anyone in the same situation?

Thanks!

Hi!

I have a particular situation I'm trying to figure.

Right now, My Axe-FX 2 with a power conditioner and my wireless are in a standard 4U SKB Case.

I use my Axe both in studio and live. In my studio, I have a rack with all my gear and obviously, my SKB case doesn't fit in it.

I'm trying to find a product that I could remove the gear from my SKB Case and insert it in my studio rack and vice-versa, without unscrewing the axe, power conditioner and wireless everytime.
Are there portable rack cases that would offer something like that? Like the inside of the case is removable and I can just put it in my studio rack?

Anyone in the same situation?

Thanks!

I leave everything racked and use Eureka Rack Legs.

I put the Fractal rack on the floor of my studio like a side car. I leave a small loom with S/PDIF, two TRS, and USB to patch the rack in.

http://www.eurekasound.com/racklegs

Yeah right now it pretty much sits on the floor on it's side and I can access it, but I have some space in my rack. I'm trying to clear so space since my studio isn't that big, it's starting to get crowded.

I'm thinking a putting a second rail on top of my case railing and screw the gear into it. Then screw the rail into the case rail but with only 4 screws, probably butterflies ones. I would then put a shelf in the studio rack and sit the gear on it when in the studio. Not the cleanest easiest way, but cleaner than sitting it on the floor.

I put the "mobile" stuff in a separate rack bag and put it on top of my floor rack.

P1010872_zps8r9lfyrc.jpg

The solution I'm looking for is something similar to this: http://www.skbcases.com/music/produ...space_units-4-80&id=702&o=&offset=&c=116&s=80
But where the internal rack would fit in another rack... Maybe not as big either.

Thanks @barhrecords So, just to be clear, are you just looking for a large road case that will house other molded (SKB/Gator Type) cases inside? Essentially, making it modular so that if you have fly dates you can take out the smaller cases,pop the lids on, and go?

We can definitely help with that. We have done these before.

Currently i have 2 big racks in my studio for my studio gear and 1 SKB molded case with my axe-fx, wireless, power conditioner (4U). I'm looking for something we could call a rack insert where the inner part of the molded case could be removable and be inserted in my studio racks.

I was thinking of DIY where I would screw the axe-fx and gear into a rack rail (not attached to anything), and screw that rail into the molded case rack rail or the studio rack rail.

I've resorted to unscrew the axe-fx only and leave the wireless and power conditioner in the case. Just 4 screws to unscrew rescrew that's it. I don't really need a wireless at home haha.

Back
Top Bottom