MOAEE - UD Stomp (Holdsworth settings)

How do you go about loading up the blocks into the axe fx?

you don't. these blocks can only be read by axe edit. if you drop one into a patch that you have created or recalled with axe edit and then save it on the axe, you can then copy the block from that preset to another via the front panel if you don't want to use the editor. otherwise it's easy to load it into any patch you want via axe edit, simply by recalling it.

ok, thanks. Followed your instructions and a Block folder was created automatically.
On topic now: which specific patches from the UD stomp did you recreate with these three blocks?
And which amp did you use for the lead sound?

good, glad you got it sorted.

the three patches i recreated were 011 "chorus 1", 121 "stereo enhanced lead 1" and 221 "volume pedal swell fx 1"

in my lead patch, i also sometimes use 223 "single source point stereo microphone" without the four extra taps

the amp i used for the lead sound was either recto vintage orange (now recto2), or usa lead brt +

i'm in the process of tweaking these three sounds for v11 and will put them up soon (i wanted to try recto1 orange before making a decision on which amp to use)

OMG, Simeon you have faithfully reproduced it! Now I can put my UD unit in the closet (as many other stomps... ;) )

OMG, Simeon you have faithfully reproduced it! Now I can put my UD unit in the closet (as many other stomps... ;) )

well almost...the UD does have the ability to freely route the output of each tap into any other tap, so not every preset is reproducible. even though we have enough delay options to possibly recreate the tap matrix, not all of those options come with modulation. it's on the wishlist though... :)

Thanks again! makes me feels less sad about selling my two UD stomps. The UD stomp had a special sound. It also added some highs to your overall signal though also when not engaged. But I have spend many hours programming this thing (not the most user friendly programming but it was ok) and had created some great sounds. Unfortunately I don't remember exactly how I created them. The TAP function (not the tap tempo!) was crucial to the sound. Not exactly sure how to recreate that tap function on the Axe. This function was always a bit of a mystery to me. Also did not really know how to use the 'Stereo Enhanced Solo Patches' created by Holdsworth. Didn't really sound like his lead sound to me somehow. Sounded a bit 'hollow'.

well almost...the UD does have the ability to freely route the output of each tap into any other tap, so not every preset is reproducible. even though we have enough delay options to possibly recreate the tap matrix, not all of those options come with modulation. it's on the wishlist though... :)
You're right Simeon, but I'm not "complex routing" guy ;)

Simeon would you want to write the feedback settings of your Multiblock UD stomp (Chorus, lead, swell) emulations here? All the settings have changed to extreme values due to the new feedback changes in 12.03. I use these block files a lot and now I can not use them. Same goes for the delay block files but the feedback settings on those are less 'crucial' then the MultiDelay block settings. Thanks....

so if you have a patch saved on the axe fx that uses these settings, does it load properly, or is the problem purely with loading the saved blocks in axe edit?

if you load a patch and the feedback levels are correct, can you save a new version of the block in axe edit and then have that load correctly as well?

if it's an axe edit problem, this should be resolved when we get a new version, i would have thought?

i'll post the feedback levels in a bit

It is purely when you load the block files. When you have the presets saved before with the block file it is ok, but once you reload the block file all hell breaks loose. I am not sure if I have saved it with the presets because you can't see the block file names anymore when you save presets so you don't know which block files was in which presets. The block file names are not saved on the Axe itself or in Axe edit only the data.

It is not only an Axe Edit problem I guess. Don't think this delay block file issue is fixed in the new FW. Hopefully it only affects delay and mutlidelay block files and not all block files.

so nice and shimmer you nailed it totally sounds allmost like Allan
please! please! please!
:)patch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

patches on axechange mr viking!

i'm not sure i'm understanding you bodde. can you try this please....load a patch that uses these blocks (from what you say this should be ok). then save the two multidelay blocks into the block library. you can name them as you save if you hit the + button. name them with 123 in the name so you know which firmware version they belong to. then open up a blank patch in axe edit and load the blocks. do they load ok or not? and if you have a patch that loads correctly with these blocks in, why do you need me to post the feedback levels? :)

Last edited:
and if you have a patch that loads correctly with these blocks in, why do you need me to post the feedback levels? :)

Because block files names are not saved in the preset. They are not displayed anymore. So you can not know which block files you have used. I also might have changed the settings in my presets so I don't know what the default settings were.

Just saying that when you load any of the delay or multidelay block files in a preset they are all messed up (at least the feedback setting not sure about the other parameters). I am not at my Axe right now but I will try what you say.

Back
Top Bottom