MOAEE - Electric Mistress Flanger

@simeon, when I try to drag the .blk file into AX8-edit it says the block was saved using Axe FX II firmware and is not compatible with the connected devices firmware. Anything else I can do?

blk files are loaded by a different method. Search the Fractal Audio folder on your computer's hard drive for the Blocks folder and drop the filr in there. Then run the Edit software and it should find the blocks.

LOL...My bad. Had to reboot the AX8 so it could scan the block library.
Yeah but when it does it still throws the error, right?

I get:

Log started: 31 Aug 2016 10:52:51pm

/Users/sean/Documents/Fractal Audio/AX8-Edit/blocks/Flanger/JJMistressMatrixFlanger.blk: The block was saved using Axe-Fx II Original/MK II firmware version 11.04 and is not compatible with the connected device's firmware.
/Users/sean/Documents/Fractal Audio/AX8-Edit/blocks/Flanger/JJMistressMediumCTRL.blk: The block was saved using Axe-Fx II Original/MK II firmware version 11.04 and is not compatible with the connected device's firmware.
/Users/sean/Documents/Fractal Audio/AX8-Edit/blocks/Flanger/JJMistressMediumFlanger.blk: The block was saved using Axe-Fx II Original/MK II firmware version 11.04 and is not compatible with the connected device's firmware.

you don't need to convert blk files....they work in all the different fractal units. it goes on your hard drive in the blocks folder and you recall it via ax8edit
In the worst case
Images can help
This helps to gain experience ;)

Rise! @javajunkie

Necrobump.

Necromancer-Mistakenly-Attends-Necrophilia-Meeting.jpg

+1 (or whatever number we're at here)..
Would love to nail this particular effect.. it's been a favorite of mine for decades.. my original EM was stolen long ago..

Bump? Help... anyone have an older unit we can update these with?

I have an XL+ laying around, but not sure how far back i could go on the firmware

Back
Top Bottom