Mmmmmm, Buttery

The Buttery is my favourite right now. It sounds good on each pickup or combination (based on a Strat), responds excellent on volume roll off and dynamic playing. You can even get very nice warm 'gainy' leads by adding suitable drives upfront. This could be my only sim which is flavoured by stompboxes and some cab alternatives. It's not a Budda it's a Buddy!

Last edited:
I don't know about twinmaster, but Budda Superdrive series handled gain very well. It wasn't a vintage sounding amp, it was a high-gain monster with a unique voicing/character. I don't know what was going on inside that amp but it sounded as if power section worked at full blast even when the volume was very low. (translated: it sounded great at low volumes) I'm not surprised it required a power tube replacement every 3-4 months.

Nice alternative approach!

EDIT: just tried this on my MFC and it works well.

So much to learn and to discover, I'm still a newbie playing with my Axe II for only a month... Trying to digest all your great tutorials and tips !

I played a gig last night and I have about 12 patches. I used this one the most although it wasn't my plan when I made the patches. It just worked better (for me at least) than the others in a live environment. Very easy to use for a wide variety of music. I X/Y a fairly low gain on X and then just add the boost for Y. Works great! I also have a 808 in front for some variation. Super sim. Thanks Fractal!

I don't know about twinmaster, but Budda Superdrive series handled gain very well.

The Twinmaster is a non-master volume amp so you had to crank it up to get some gain happening. Not anywhere near as much gain available as the SD30. The TM is a really loud 18 watts!

I should revisit this model. I've been on the HBE sim for so long now...I love that sim. I'll bet a little virtual amp head switch up will bring some new inspiration to things!

Gave it a whirl with my humbucker axes tonight on Yek's settings.
Very nice.
Will try the Strat later.............

How funny! When 4.01 came out I loaded it at about 8pm and started playing my strat while noodling around with the Buttery and different combos. After what I thought was a couple hours I went to get a drink out of the kitchen and noticed it was daylight. :shock I had shower and go to work. Those were some long meetings that day!
So here we are in 2021. Still my fav. You? (I’m trying it on FM3 now and still love it on IIXL

Reactions: jon
Back
Top Bottom