MMGT16 + RAC12 + XL + 2 Matrix amps + 4 4x12s. I'm in heaven ( a loud heaven).

Prysma

I recently received the awesome RAC12 from Seb at Fxunits.com. And what a great piece of gear this is. I understand when Seb came out with this unit some of us didn't think it was worth the money. Why can't you just go into FRACTAL's edit mode and change the settings yourself? Why would you need one more box in your rack to do just simple editing of patch settings? Well, of course you can and yes, you don't need the extra box. But BOY, how much easier it is with it! When you are dialing in your perfect tone and be able to simply turn a knob (a nice one too) to polish your sound is just great. I love it! I actually think if you can afford it and have the space in your rack, you should definitely consider it. I have not had the time yet to use all the functions of the RAC 12, but just the ability to easily dial in your perfect sound is worth the ticket to me.

I think we are living in a great time now, where we have amazing products like these along with great technical support - Ron from RJM, Seb from Fxunits.com, Robin and Andy from Matrix and of course all our friends at Fractal (Matt and gang). And the products are not stuck in time, where we all can easily upgrade to the next great advance. Kudos to all these brains that makes our lives more awesome everyday.

Anyway, here's a couple pictures of the setup.

Rock on!

Luiz

Attachments

• IMG_9447.jpg
    IMG_9447.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_9448.jpg
    IMG_9448.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_9446.jpg
    IMG_9446.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_9443.jpg
    IMG_9443.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 157
Amazing rig Luiz! Thanks for the kudos for Alex and I.

I just want to enjoy your post and your hardware configuration to recall that the new RAC12-MK2 have a bidirectional merge port to allow to a third party foot controller like the mmgt phantom box to be connected to the rac12 with a single midi cable (5 pins wired).

I have a similar setup to yours. I have the mastermind gt 22 instead of the gt16 and recently purchased a RAC12 for my Ax Fx ll. I've been having a problems with the RAC12 locking up not changing presets after I power down my rack or unplug and re plug in the mastermind. Is your RAC12 the newest mkll model? Hope you won't mind sharing how you wired your RAC12, AX FX and mastermind that they communicate with each other.

Hello Studiomanrichard, yes, it's the latest Mkii model. From the MMGT/16 to the phantom power, then to the Mkii MIDI IN then to from the MERGE off of the RAC12 to the MIDI IN of the Fractal. No issues so far. Talk to Seb, he'll get you squared away!

Sixstring man, no moving for me. After years moving 4x12s, this monster rig stays in the home studio. Live rig is smaller, only 1 4x12. See below

Best brother.

Hello Studiomanrichard, yes, it's the latest Mkii model. From the MMGT/16 to the phantom power, then to the Mkii MIDI IN then to from the MERGE off of the RAC12 to the MIDI IN of the Fractal. No issues so far. Talk to Seb, he'll get you squared away!
Finally figured out what was wrong! The RAC12 gets a command from the Ax FX II at start up. If the Ax Fx isn't on or still cycling when the RAC12 request that command, the RAC12 remains in a type of stand by mode until power is shut off and turn back on or a command for reset is sent from a computer. My system now works great. I did install an off and on switch to control the RAC12 just in case this kind of glitch happens again. Thank you for your sharing your wiring order. My setup is wired the same way from the start, but wasn't consistly working when the entire rig was powered down than back on.

this monster rig stays in the home studio.

I assume you don’t have neighbors around 50 miles radius…?

Man, this is a vicious rig. :shock
Big like

On a side note but important, if you would like to benefit from the stereo effect, try to have some space between the 2 stacks, L & R, you can put the rack in between them.
I found out when I put my 2 cabs one on top each other rather than separate them with some distance in between, the stereo feel get somehow "week".

Back
Top Bottom