MM GT22 Problem with expressions - Axe controller first "jumps" to 60%

Roadrunner

Power User
Hi.
I also asked this over the MM forum but I guess I should check here as well.

I've switched from MFC-101 to the GT22 controlling Axe II XL.
I'm facing one problem though and it’s the expression pedals.
I'm using 2 Mission pedals connects to Ext 1 and Ext 4 in the GT same as it was on the MFC.
In the Axe I use EXT CTRL 1 = cc21 and EXT CTRL 4 = cc24.
I went through the manual and calibrated the pedals + also defined in the GT expression 1 + 4 to the correct cc's (21 + 24).
When moving the expression pedals I can see that midi signal is going into the Axe but I have the same strange problem in both:
When I move expression 1 (cc 21) I can see over the Axe screen that it "jumps" the External 1 controller to 60-70% as soon as I start moving the pedal and then it continues the rest of the % up to 100 in linearity according to the increase.
Same happens with the other expression (cc 24), as soon as I barely move it a mm up, it makes the Axe External 4 controller jump to 60-70% and then going up to 100% according to the pedal move.

One thing though – I'm not using a standard TRS cables to connect the missions to the GT, I've soldered my own stereo cable into the pedal output jack and out to a TRS plug as I didn’t had enough space between the GT and the pedals for the plug.
Anyway, I thought maybe it’s the Tip Ring Sleeve order but it worked the same for me over the MFC-101 so I assume it should be the same for the GT, right?

What am I missing?

Thanks.

The MMGT XP inputs are not wired the same as the MFC. You may have to swap some something on your cables. There is a thread on the MMGT forum that describes XPs and cables.

Thanks Chris, reading there a little it looks like a reverse polarity issue which can be set in the MM menu without the need to actually swap it over the TRS plug.
I will try that later.

Reverse polarity doesn't reverse the direction of the pedal - instead it swaps the tip and ring conductor of the TRS jack.

Last edited:
Wow. Really? I didn't know about that. What a feature to be able to add to that unit via firmware.

Please confirm that when you've had a chance to test it. Thanks.

Yeah. Mission has special "rjm" versions of pedals for the rjm stuff. I could never get my fv500 to work right with it, even bought some special adapters mentioned on that forum with no improvement.

Back
Top Bottom