MLM combo stopped working with firmware 1.09?

Ingo

Inspired
After the update, my unchanged FC12 config no longer allows me to get to the master layout with the "rockin" motion (switches 6 and 12).. Any ideas?

MLM combo is enabled in Setup > FC Controllers > Config; config of the relevant switches (main layout number 1 as an example) is

6: Tap for latching CS1, Hold for layout 2
12: Tap for tempo, Hold for layout 7

I am using the ML to switch presets and tune, without wasting switches on these rarely used (my use case) functions.

Thanks!

After the update, my unchanged FC12 config no longer allows me to get to the master layout with the "rockin" motion (switches 6 and 12).. Any ideas?

MLM combo is enabled in Setup > FC Controllers > Config; config of the relevant switches (main layout number 1 as an example) is

6: Tap for latching CS1, Hold for layout 2
12: Tap for tempo, Hold for layout 7

I am using the ML to switch presets and tune, without wasting switches on these rarely used (my use case) functions.

Thanks!
I can't reproduce this issue. The MLM switch combo is working fine for me. I set up FS6 and FS12 as you described; still no issue.

I can't reproduce this, either. Please make sure your Master Layout "Switch-Combo" is set to ENABLED: SETUP -> FC Controllers -> Config page.
If it is, please send my your "System + Global Blocks + FC" configuration and I'll take a look.

I can't reproduce this, either. Please make sure your Master Layout "Switch-Combo" is set to ENABLED: SETUP -> FC Controllers -> Config page.
If it is, please send my your "System + Global Blocks + FC" configuration and I'll take a look.
As stated above, it's definitely enabled.

Okay, I checked the new "hold function execute mode" setting, that was a good guess.

NB: I use the shortest .25s timeout for the hold functions.

The "execute mode" setting was at the default "timeout", so behavior should be as before, right? In fact, when I tried to rock very quickly, I could, just once, manage to get to the MLM. Now if I change it to the new setting "switch up", the rocking motion becomes effective again.

So it seems that the switch timing related to the MLM combo has changed (it was easy to trigger the MLM combo with the .25s timeout before). However, I had not thought about it at all, and in retrospect the fw-1.08 timing seems to have been wrong, but was a happy accident for me.

As stated above, it's definitely enabled.
Apologies. That was clearly stated but I missed it.

What version of Axe-Fx III firmware are you running? This is mostly controlled from that side of the world.

I see it now. The hold function is firing, which moves you to Layout 2 and disrupts the MLM trigger. I'll see about getting a fix in for this in the next release of the Axe-Fx III firmware.

I see it now. The hold function is firing, which moves you to Layout 2 and disrupts the MLM trigger. I'll see about getting a fix in for this in the next release of the Axe-Fx III firmware.
Right, but I think that's just consistent behavior, isn't it? I think this switch's hold used to behave specially, and this is also doc.d in the manual.

However, the new behavior surely makes more sense to me, whether I like it or not (haven't even really made up my mind on that yet): If the hold function fires after a timeout, do that for all switches.

I don't have a strong opinion either way, I just stumbled over the change in timing behavior. Thanks for any clarification and/or resolution.

BTW, this is all on AxeFxIII fw 6.04.

Ok, re-reading the MLM section in the manual, and playing around with the timing a bit, I agree: It would be good if the hold function firing (due to "execute mode" == "timeout" and exceeding that timeout) would still trigger the MLM, as is described in the manual (p.11), and as it was in previous firmware.

That way, using the switch combo can be decided independently of the execute mode you prefer.

I'm having similar issues with the MLM switch combo on 6.04 so I'm gonna copy/paste my previous posts here:

MLM switch combo isn't working properly for me after the update.

When the new "Hold Mode" function is set to TIMEOUT, I have to hold both MLM combo buttons for the designated timeout length for it to successfully switch to the MLM. If I let the buttons go before the hold length has passed, nothing happens. With "Hold Mode" set to SWITCH UP, I can't access the MLM at all. When I press the combo buttons the labels change to reveal the MLM functions, but when I release the buttons nothing happens, regardless of how long I hold them for.

I frequently use the MLM to quickly select different presets. Having to hold the combo down every time to access it is too cumbersome so I'll have to roll back. Sucks because now I have to deal with the tap tempo BPM bug again and I started using CC boost with some of my presets.
I've already rolled back so I can't experiment right now.

I'm using an FC-6. For my main "kitchen sink" preset I use layout 1 which has switch 3 set to Tap Tempo/Tuner (hold) and switch 6 set to Delay bypass/Pitch bypass (hold). I do think I tried it with another layout that has no hold functions for switches 3 and 6 and the problem persisted. My MLM/layout 9 is set up so that switches 1-6 select a preset within a bank, with switches 3 and 6 having hold functions for Bank -1 and Bank +1 , respectively.

It definitely seems to be an issue with the new Hold Mode setting thing, I'm just not sure which part of my setup is causing the issue. I'm back on 6.03 and all is fine. I'll reinstall 6.04 tomorrow and see if I can isolate the problem.

Back
Top Bottom