ML Tutorial: How to mix IR's with Cab-Lab 3

This is just a quick way everyone can have some fun experimenting with IR mixing.

Great tutorial Mikko, thank you to share!

Slightly off topic, is there a reason to set the mix 50% in the looper block?

Just tried mixing IRs and found one good combination. After that, I use it in a preset (without looper block) but it sound different, more distorted. Later I tried mixing IRs again but the mix is 100% in looper block. Now it sound the same when I use it in a preset without looper block.

Are you double tracking or just recording one track in stereo?

If you're double tracking, the slight differences should be enough to make it sound wide...unless you're some kind of machine that tracks so accurate that it sounds mono (I doubt it).

I'm double tracking and sometimes quad tracking. From my experience, I've been able to get the widest sound by using 2 different amps and different IR's on each amp.

I'm double tracking and sometimes quad tracking. From my experience, I've been able to get the widest sound by using 2 different amps and different IR's on each amp.
I very rarely quad track, but when I do, I use two different amps. One amp hard left and right; another amp 80 or so left and right. Double tracking is what I mainly do and I usually just use one amp, but I will use a different IR for one track just to add a little more dimension. However, if I use really differing guitar tones on either side, then I'm left feeling a bit punch-drunk. So, I try to keep a good balance. Instead of different amps, you could always try different guitars.

Back
Top Bottom