(ML Sound Lab) Ultimate 4x12 Shootout: Which cab is your favorite?

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor

So we've released 5 Cab Packs this year already. It's really hard to explain what they're all about in words which is why I decided to create these graphs and bass, middle, treble, presence explanations to make things more clear for you guys. I'd love to hear your opinions on all of them! Which one is your favorite?

I own the packs and for heavy rhythm guitar I would rank them:

1. Freeman
2. Boner
3. Zila
4. Mega
5. Mars

For lead guitar it is pretty much exactly the other way round. ;-)

I only have two Zilla & Mega. I use petrucci-stylish Mega the rest Zilla
.. btw I saw there's a new update for Mega cabpack. What's the update, haven't found a changelog?
(Looks like the Fractal/MPT folder is updated?)

Last edited:
I only have two Zilla & Mega. I use petrucci-stylish Mega the rest Zilla
.. btw I saw there's a new update for Mega cabpack. What's the update, haven't found a changelog?
(Looks like the Fractal/MPT folder is updated?)
Yes the Mega OS MPT files were redone. A tweak for the better. :)

I've been getting some super expensive sounding tones from mixing the Zilla and Freeman cabs.
I really cant overstate how versatile these two packs are...

One question that's been on my mind though; is the Zilla cab that you grabbed the impulse from actually that teal color?

I've been getting some super expensive sounding tones from mixing the Zilla and Freeman cabs.
I really cant overstate how versatile these two packs are...

One question that's been on my mind though; is the Zilla cab that you grabbed the impulse from actually that teal color?
Hahaha well first of all - THANK YOU for the amazing feedback and secondly. As cool as it looks the Zilla cab wasn't actually a teal color cab. They do actually offer that color though and I'm actually thinking about getting a 2x12 in that teal color but I need to discuss the design with Paul a bit more. They just look so sweet:

39356533_245573659432343_4318943813490966528_n.jpg

40232253_1027806644054493_399397727710356339_n.jpg

I'm actually building a custom guitar with this color right now and here's a 3D sketch:

RM6-01.png

Last edited:
Just stopping in to say that I picked up the Mega OS pack today and it is hands down the best one I have tried. This is what I have been looking for!

Back
Top Bottom