ML Sound Lab - MEGA OVERSIZE: First ML Cab Pack in .wav format

My plan was to not buy any more IR packs anymore cause I felt I had more than enough and I had my go to irs anyway... Well, I bought this one and found a few new go to IRs immediately. In my humble opinion your best cab pack so far and finally one that we can also use outside the fractal world. Great job
Marcus this is awesome to hear. :) I definitely don't intend to create the same pack twice.. one could be hesitating getting this pack after owning all three Mesa 4x12 cabs I've done in the past but I definitely wouldn't put anything out that wasn't better or completely different sounding. I believe this pack is both different and better than the Mesa packs I've done before. :)

Marcus this is awesome to hear. :) I definitely don't intend to create the same pack twice.. one could be hesitating getting this pack after owning all three Mesa 4x12 cabs I've done in the past but I definitely wouldn't put anything out that wasn't better or completely different sounding. I believe this pack is both different and better than the Mesa packs I've done before. :)

I absolutely agree

Just picked these up tonight, and chugged through the IR's in this pack, and I am really diggin them. I like the new simplified format, I really dig the ml blend IR's.
I'll have more time tomorrow to give them a go in context. But so far digging it. For those wondering if this is a repeat pack? IMO no it is a different flavor of the cab and speaker.

Just picked these up tonight, and chugged through the IR's in this pack, and I am really diggin them. I like the new simplified format, I really dig the ml blend IR's.
I'll have more time tomorrow to give them a go in context. But so far digging it. For those wondering if this is a repeat pack? IMO no it is a different flavor of the cab and speaker.
Thank you for the feedback and for sure it's not a repeat pack. I've actually never released a pack with this specification of a Vintage 30 speaker. The "Mikko's Cab" that's featured as a bonus in the Greatest Hits pack is the only IR from these V30s. :) Oh and if you still haven't gotten this pack there's a huge Grammy celebration sale thingy going on at the www.ml-sound-lab.com store that ends by the end of the week. 25% off everything with the code: GRAMMYS

Check the official announcement:

I bought the Mega Oversize pack and really like it so far. However, it would be nice to know which combinations were used for the multi-mic mixes. Cryptic titles like "Almighty", "Omnipotent" or "Infamous" say little about it.

I bought the Mega Oversize pack and really like it so far. However, it would be nice to know which combinations were used for the multi-mic mixes. Cryptic titles like "Almighty", "Omnipotent" or "Infamous" say little about it.
Very happy to hear that you like it! The cryptic names really aren't meant to be too cryptic. Those mixes are done by having almost all of the mics on the cabinet in real life and really fine tuning them and changing volume differences to follow "a plan" so sure there are some mics that are blended in more than others. The Almighty one is kind of following a Petrucci philosophy. The Infamous is following the philosophy we have for Periphery tones. There's a numetal one etc.They all kind of follow an idea like that and have many mics in them. This was a conscious choice so people don't choose an IR because of what was used to make but simply based on which sound they prefer. This is also the reason why we narrowed down the options to a minimum. Even now I'm thinking that hopefully people don't just go for the infamous now that I told you what it's based on. :D

Well, I'm not really after the Periphery sound, so I will avoid the Infamous IR instead. ;-) So far I like Almighty best because it has a little bit more bite than the other mixes. And I like my guitar sound to have a little bit more air and bite.

HI, I just bought the Mega Oversize pack..tell me please,what sample rates to choose for my AXE FX II ?
Thank you !

Back
Top Bottom