ML Sound Lab - MEGA OVERSIZE: First ML Cab Pack in .wav format

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL ML SOUND LAB WEBSITE: https://ml-sound-lab.com/

2019 starts with a bang. I probably have to start this with a disclaimer - ML Sound Lab is still working with Fractal Audio on official Fractal Cab Packs, nothing has changed and I still love you guys and will be an active part of the community. It's been a crazy 5 years and during those years not a month has gone by without at least a few people asking for Cab Packs in .wav format and with the current market of multiple IR supporting modelers you can imagine my inbox. So here's the first official ML Sound Lab Cab Pack in .wav format: https://ml-sound-lab.com/products/mega-oversize

"MEGA OVERSIZE" is an impulse response (IR) collection based on a Mesa™ Boogie Oversized straight 4x12 guitar cabinet with rare original spec 70 watt Celestion™ Vintage 30's from the 1990s.

Microphones
  • Shure™ SM57
  • Shure™ SM7B
  • Shure™ SM58
  • Royer™ R121
  • Sennheiser™ e906
  • Sennheiser™ MD421
  • Beyerdynamic™ M160
  • Neumann™ KM184
This Cab Pack comes with 5 brightness variations for each microphone and 8 real life multi-mic mixes.

Format
This Cab Pack is provided in multiple .wav file formats: 500ms 16/24bit 44.1kHz, 48kHz and 96kHz sample rates and in separate 200ms formats for the Fractal Audio Axe-Fx III, Line 6 Helix and Kemper Profiling Amplifier. All files come both in raw format and a minimum phase transformed (MPT) format that is phase aligned with most modelers’ used cabinets. This Cab Pack is compatible with all modelers and IR loaders that support .wav format IR's so also all the Ultra and Standard Axe-Fx users can finally try out some ML IR's. :)

The approach for this pack is IMO "next generation". We sort of started out with these huge IR collections, then came the less quality is better than quantity phase. I think we're right back to that point where packs have thousands of IR's and the user will only try about 50 IR's max especially if they already have a nice IR collection as most people do. So this is pack has 3 new microphones with a sweet spot brightness variation from A-B-C-D-E so you can still fine tune the sweet spot to your personal taste. It also includes 8 super fine tuned alloy IR mixes so these are done in real life with multiple mics using ML methods.

It's ranging the gap between Cab Pack 13 (darker) and Cab Pack Djent (brighter) with the brightness variations. Yes, I found a really frickin' awesome "Mega" cabinet. It's locked in a safe.

Last edited:
as i spent the day sorting and processing thousands of Redwirez and OwnHammer wav files for import, i kept glancing sadly at my three ML folders of Bulb / Djent / Cab Pack 14, wishing there were also some 500ms raw non-MPT 96Khz wav versions of your stuff as well. Apparently I wasn't the only one crunching away today! :partypooper::microscope::rightmagnify::darts:

the difference between MPT ultra res, and the output result of whatever Axe Cab Manage does when it imports a 96Khz 24 bit non-MPT 500ms wav file is OBSCENE. I don't need cab room anymore at all, it makes it worse. I haven't been this happy since the army let me out.

as i spent the day sorting and processing thousands of Redwirez and OwnHammer wav files for import, i kept glancing sadly at my three ML folders of Bulb / Djent / Cab Pack 14, wishing there were also some 500ms raw non-MPT 96Khz wav versions of your stuff as well. Apparently I wasn't the only one crunching away today! :partypooper::microscope::rightmagnify::darts:

the difference between MPT ultra res, and the output result of whatever Axe Cab Manage does when it imports a 96Khz 24 bit non-MPT 500ms wav file is OBSCENE. I don't need cab room anymore at all, it makes it worse. I haven't been this happy since the army let me out.
Oh for sure. You are not alone with this request I can tell you that. :D

uhhhh dude these sound really good. i don't know why but putting mic distance all the way up to 340 mm with just one mono IR is making them bloom into something unreal. (i imported the 96Khz 24 bit non-MPT files with Axe Cab Manage, Axe Edit preferences set to 'no processing')

uhhhh dude these sound really good. i don't know why but putting mic distance all the way up to 340 mm with just one mono IR is making them bloom into something unreal. (i imported the 96Khz 24 bit non-MPT files with Axe Cab Manage, Axe Edit preferences set to 'no processing')
Happy to hear that! What ever works, works. :) I'd love to hear a clip if you have the time.

Really cool Mikko ,

I think this is a great decision , your cabs I have purchased are great , it's nice for others to be able to use them as well .

will there be a bunch of content ?? one of my Fav cabs you did was the Zilla ,I think if you did a wav pack of that it would sell .

Anyway , best of luck reaching out to a new market as I said your product speaks for itself

Really cool Mikko ,

I think this is a great decision , your cabs I have purchased are great , it's nice for others to be able to use them as well .

will there be a bunch of content ?? one of my Fav cabs you did was the Zilla ,I think if you did a wav pack of that it would sell .

Anyway , best of luck reaching out to a new market as I said your product speaks for itself
Hey there buddy! Yes there will be more packs and with the page being completely under my control I'll be able to do many things that I never could before. I already have some exciting plans for 2019 so definitely keep an eye out. I won't spam you with the newsletter so if you're at all interested in knowing about new products or free IR's etc. I highly recommend everyone to subscribe. :)

Thank you Bonkers! It's going to be problematic once I start adding stuff but I'm sure it'll work out. Right now it looks the way I want it to. :)
As you know, I went through growing pains with my site in my first year with it.

If you ever need help troubleshooting or bouncing website issues off of someone, please PM me. You helped me get where I am, so I am more than happy to return the kindness.

As you know, I went through growing pains with my site in my first year with it.

If you ever need help troubleshooting or bouncing website issues off of someone, please PM me. You helped me get where I am, so I am more than happy to return the kindness.
Thank you that's much appreciated. :)

Very interesting! A real photo of the cab would be a better appetizer And at least you use paypal.......great!
What do you mean?! Are my 3D renders not convincing enough? :D Just kidding. Things will make a lot more since on 6 months once you see what's in the store. :)

Dang Mikko you made it 14 days into 2019 before releasing another 4x12 oversized Mesa pack? You've really been working on that self-restraint :smile:

*insert old meme about kid trying to hold in a fart*

Dang Mikko you made it 14 days into 2019 before releasing another 4x12 oversized Mesa pack? You've really been working on that self-restraint :smile:

*insert old meme about kid trying to hold in a fart*
I know it's very unclear who makes the best cabs in my opinion. In case it's somehow unclear, it's Mesa.

Is "THE BEST IR IN THE WORLD!" based from this Cab pack?
You can definitely find similar sounding IR's in this collection but they're not the same cabinet. I've had 8 different Mesa cabs for IR shooting throughout all these years so you could say I have an addiction. What makes this Cab Pack special is that these are the oldest Mesa V30s I've ever seen with stamp codes still on spider which they stopped doing a long time ago. Definitely the holy grail of cabs and I was fortunate enough to find this cab almost unused so they're old but mint. Very nice combination. :)

Very interesting! A real photo of the cab would be a better appetizer And at least you use paypal.......great!
The Apple Pay is what sealed the deal for me.. Apple Pay is so damn easy, it makes it dangerously easy to part with your cash..
One thing worth noting, it would be somewhat nice to have a USD amount listed as well.. €29,99 = $34.44.
A scotch bit more pricey than previous packs, but I personally don’t mind buying my good man a spot of tea & a crrrumpet. Mmm, yes indeeed. Carry on..

The Apple Pay is what sealed the deal for me.. Apple Pay is so damn easy, it makes it dangerously easy to part with your cash..
One thing worth noting, it would be somewhat nice to have a USD amount listed as well.. €29,99 = $34.44.
A scotch bit more pricey than previous packs, but I personally don’t mind buying my good man a spot of tea & a crrrumpet. Mmm, yes indeeed. Carry on..
Oh I tried to have the store in USD but they don't let me do that since I'm from Europe. Will have to sort things out. I hope people don't make a mistake with that. Actually I thought the currencies were more even but for some reason USD is going down.

My plan was to not buy any more IR packs anymore cause I felt I had more than enough and I had my go to irs anyway... Well, I bought this one and found a few new go to IRs immediately. In my humble opinion your best cab pack so far and finally one that we can also use outside the fractal world. Great job

Back
Top Bottom