ML Sound Lab MARS SILVER Cab Pack - Silver Jubilee from 1987

lol that's what I was going to say to him,that have to wait at least 3 years for another Greatest Hits pack:D
Yeah unless I make another Greatest Hits from the older packs, actually that's not at all a bad idea, it's not going to be like a Greatest Hits of B-sides anyways. :D Could have a much more Marshall in there as well. On a side note, the feedback from people has been really awesome for these packs that are simple and easy to use. :)

Yeah unless I make another Greatest Hits from the older packs, actually that's not at all a bad idea, it's not going to be like a Greatest Hits of B-sides anyways. :D Could have a much more Marshall in there as well. On a side note, the feedback from people has been really awesome for these packs that are simple and easy to use. :)
i prefer that you release more IRs like the Zilla,Bogner Euro,Marshall

Hey! Actually yes to everything. I just need to get the amount of new packs to a number where I can create another Greatest Hits pack, no idea how long that will take. 3 years? :D

Lol
Well legends didn’t make the cut
Last time and now you have the silver j v30. So only 20 more packs

Seriously though i think as you mentioned having a second edition with some of the same packs is cool too The Zilla Bogner are awesome
I am sure you could pullout another
“Ace “ from the deck

Basics first. So I guess after the two V30 libraries this next one could be a Greenback library.

Edit: I visited the ML Sound Lab homepage and saw that Mikko has just released a Zilla cab library with V30 (*yawn*) and G12H-75 (*yay!*) speakers. I hope this includes separate speaker IRs and not only V30/G12H mixes?!

Last edited:
I been checking his website everyday, pretty much every few hours lol. Funny thing is I was just playing around last night with some 4x12 zilla IR's,(freebies) and was hoping for some done properly. Awesome!!

Well, I actually really want to avoid criticism and be positive instead. And I bought and liked the first two IR libraries. But I am feeling increasingly frustrated about most IR developers‘ obsession with V30s and hope that this library also features G12H-only IRs.

Last edited:
Well, I actually really want to avoid criticism and be positive instead. And I bought and liked the first two IR libraries. But I am feeling increasingly frustrated about most IR developers‘ obsession with V30s and hope that this library also features G12H-only IRs.
Knowing how Mikko does things I can almost bet it has singles of each speaker. And I agree with the whole V30/Greenies.

download.php
...than V30s.

Last edited:
download.php
...than V30s.
I think I'll sound like a broken record but here goes - Celestion have changed the V30 design at least 7 times based on "the records". The difference between the V30s in the Silver Cab Pack from 1987 (the original Marshall Vintage) vs MEGA OVERSIZE (90s Mesa Custom V30s) vs this ZILA 4x12 pack (completely new fresh V30s) is just as big as a V30 vs Greenback... and the Creamback is essentially a high powered Greenback. I'll have to post a comparison to show the difference. :)

But hey! ZILLA 4X12 OUT NOW: https://ml-sound-lab.com/

I understood what you said about the different V30 revisions. But it seems that despite some obvious differences the V30 „product line“ does have a specific midrange behaviour in common, at least to a certain degree. But so do the G12H/G12M and G12T speakers, that also had different sounding revisions while retaining a certain fundamental character. For example: All G12M/H models I have tried (and even more IRs of them) have a very specific high end in common that feels - in lack of a better description - slightly disconnected from the „body“ of the sound. And I like that. I couldn‘t find that sound in any V30 speaker or IR so far.

Your work is certainly among the best quality wise. And I am not trying to stir up any negativity here. Of course you can‘t please everyone. And just because one of your customers gets bored by V30 IRs you can‘t change your company‘s philosophy and plans or your own taste.

Still interested in the Zilla library, though. Does this pack have seperate G12H IRs or only V30/G12H mixes? And how would you describe the overall sound of the Zilla cab compared to the other two libraries? Darker? Brighter?

Last edited:
I think all Celestions have some similarities. The Legends pack with only pre-Rola Greenbacks was actually closer to the 90s V30s than the Chinese Greenbacks they sell these days, that's obviously a subjective opinion to some extent but the pre-Rolas high frequency roll off starts around 2khz just like on the Mesa 90s V30s and the original Marshall V30s while a "modern Greenback" still has a lot of content all the way up to 4khz.

The Zilla pack has separate single mics for both speakers so it's essentially twice the amount of IR's than normally. There are 5 of the best "alloy mixes" that blend both speakers together. That Godzilla IR mix is my go-to IR right now. :) I wouldn't say that it's brighter. It's more direct, maybe it's because these are "newer speakers" although I wear in all speakers. Maybe scooped a little bit but not in that numetal way, more like scooped in the mid-high area. The Creamback has the low end balls while the V30 has the middle bite so combining the two gives a very direct and full sound.

This may not be everyone's cup of tea but here's a quick reamp clip:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/asggfo0gm7l14sn/End Of Zillache.wav?dl=0

Back
Top Bottom