ML Sound Lab MARS SILVER Cab Pack - Silver Jubilee from 1987

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
Click here to skip the ramble: https://ml-sound-lab.com/products/mars-silver

EDIT: Here's a clip of crunch, lead and clean with the Brit Silver amp sim on Axe-Fx III FW3.01:

Here's a quick clip by @shaunb to get things rolling:

The Silver Jubilee is considered the holy grail for so many reasons. Obviously the amp itself (amp model Brit Silver on your device) is the highest gain "OG" Marshall JCM head with a fuller sound than your JCM800 and extra gain stages and power options. Joe Bonamassa always builds his rig around the Silver Jubilee. I'm sure if you're heard of this amp you've heard of Slash liking it. Alex Lifeson's custom amps are based on it. Steve Morse wanted it but Deep Purple said no.. what's that all about?

The thing that's special about the cab is that 1986 is when the Vintage 30 came out and this cab was only made around 1987 and has the Marshall stamped "Vintage" speakers with the sought after 444 cones. Okay I'll admit the Mesa guy inside my has been GASing for this cab for a long time since it's supposed to be pretty much the same speaker that you'll find on early Mesa 4x12 cabs.

ML-Sound-Lab-Mars-Silver-Pack-Marshall-Silver-Jubilee-cab-pack1_720x.jpg

I'll be creating some clips tomorrow but you can read more here: https://ml-sound-lab.com/products/mars-silver

Last edited:
this is a REALLY great cabinet....and sounded fantastic using the WAVs in Cablab to process the Clean Channel of myJubilee UAD plugin..

this is a REALLY great cabinet....and sounded fantastic using the WAVs in Cablab to process the Clean Channel of myJubilee UAD plugin..
Brad that's some awesome feedback! I was also super impressed with the real life cab... definitely punched me more like another manufacturer starting with the same letter. In an A/B comparison this was closer to Zilla cabs than an Oversize 4x12.

So I bought these when they first came out and got to say....they sound great! Man, if only I could get you to produce a lot faster. :p
I'd really love some Soldano V12 IR's!! Any chance of knowing what is next for IR's? Please no more Mesa for awhile. ;)

Anyway, keep up the great work!

So I bought these when they first came out and got to say....they sound great! Man, if only I could get you to produce a lot faster. :p
I'd really love some Soldano V12 IR's!! Any chance of knowing what is next for IR's? Please no more Mesa for awhile. ;)

Anyway, keep up the great work!
Thank you buddy! Yeah I'm right there with you.. if only there was a way to make good IR's fast then I'd do it but it definitely pays off doing them properly. :) I'll start working on the next Cab Pack hopefully this week... what it is... will be a surprise. ;)

Back
Top Bottom